Author Topic: Show us your mini bike.  (Read 91931 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Show us your mini bike.
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2011, 08:50:58 pm »
That is the only problem with the yz kx cr rm 80's no bottom end I have a 96 kx80 we got for my little brother but younger kids are too scared to ring it's neck which is the only way to ride them.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2011, 09:17:43 pm »
the daughters don't ride em hard but the 94 has a few problems frosty i think mostly carby related it uses more fuel than my kx 125(see show us your trailbike).the 89 model goes real hard even give me a bit of a scare sometimes but its great fun to ride.the 89 mod also has later rear guard and side covers and had motor rebuild and all bearings and bushes except head stem done not long before i bought it.cheers gary

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »
my RM80B (see below) has bugger-all bottom-end and then comes on the pipe like a light-switch.
Will not let my 5-yr-old son attempt to ride it for a while yet.  Doc... a JR50, perhaps?
Luke

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2011, 09:51:41 pm »
Even a ds80 perhaps Luke pretty tame bikes or if you do up a mx80 or gt80 they are very good mini bikes and they dont care if you flat change them so they are a real good learner bike as are the z50's.;)

Your RM80b looks great too.

I have instructed my brother to get right up on the tank and ring the kx's neck so his weight is over the front wheel he was going better last time we went riding if they go slow they just flood them.

My mate has a xr75 ko and it flys I used to have a z50 with st70 motor it was my first bike and it was great fun.
1971 tm400 and PE's

DR

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2011, 10:14:35 pm »
 :D it's a wonder I didn't kill myself when I purchased my RM80B Luke. They really do go well up top eh ;D to move from that up to a 400C I must have had flamin' a death wish! :D The YZ80D to me felt a far more sedate bike to ride and didn't come on the band so hard. Still quick but not as snappy and they had low down power. JR's are very small although they do make a JR80's as well as the DS's. A guy on a big wheel Rm was getting around Connondale quite okay at CD7 last year ;)

monaro308

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2011, 10:42:43 pm »
VERY nice looking RM80B Luke,and with it's kickstand too!
Hey Chris,your RM bottom end has made its way from the back of the shed to the front of the shed ;D
As soon as i find a box suitable i'll get it priced....and don't say "no hurry"....we've seen your work ;)

DR

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2011, 10:59:15 pm »
 :D jeez Mario, you're fast! The PE headlight is still tucked up under the house and hasn't moved. Tomorrow is a big day..a day off finally! ;D Here's a plan..Luke sent me boxes and boxes of all shapes and sizes of 80 bits..well, not all shapes..they're actually all rectangular but varying sizes..anyway, I'll send the headlight in a box of suitable size to fit an RM80 bottom end ;) plan A! that'll give me some more incentive and save the tree's ::)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2011, 11:19:48 pm »
I agree Doc - the RM80 seemed like another step over a YZ80C/d as it was to the XR - the RM just seemed so much more the race bike.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Fabulous

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »

MOTRA!

Offline Fabulous

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2011, 07:06:11 pm »
Honda Baja Monkey. For Mexican Desert Racing.

miniwheels

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2011, 07:55:09 pm »
Since we lost these pictures yesterday, here they are again, these are some of BETRICS restored, original and project mini's ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-SL70-Classic-Minibike-Unbelievably-bad-condition-/280622443363?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item415666ab63

Honda SL70 Classic Minibike Unbelievably bad condition
tetanus shots required before handling ,no reserve
Good points
Bike did go once (before it stopped)

Bad points
restorers nightmare
Rust
dirt
nothing much works
ugly
sad
broken
bent
tired
 lonely
Just what you needed !
Hi Kirk. is the seat the original seat for the bike? thanks.David
A: looks like it is, the steel base has brackets and clips that locate on the frame and shockers.the steel has surface rust but would clean up.the covering is probably a home job and quite ordinary.and to the question on... Continue reading
 04 Feb, 2011   
  Q: Careful, if the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Motorbikes see this mistreated machine you could be facing a big fine. If you can't look after it, see it goes to a good home.
A: RSPCM ?? Thanks for the warning but I actually care for this beautiful thing.I didn't mistreat it at any time I swear it rusted without my help.
 04 Feb, 2011   
  Q: can i ask wher pick up is from as i live in sydney i would get my broter to pick itup he lives in sunshine thanks gary
A: bike is in yarra junction, could possibly meet him half way. regards kirk
 03 Feb, 2011   
  Q: Hi KIrk, is there air in the tyres? We had one of these, I remember the metallic paint looked different.
A: the air is outside the tyres, the metalic paint has lots of "special metal" And the smoke escaped from the electric wires. regards kirk
 02 Feb, 2011   
  Q: im half keen, but already have 2 other rust buckets in my shed... good luck with sale!
A: Yes but this one has extra cobwebs and grunge factor.You could be the only one with three sl70's in his shed.Just think how good that would be!

Best is in the West !!

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2011, 08:14:39 am »
Be interesting to see where this goes $$$$.
Started at $300 about 18 hrs ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-RM-50-1982-RM50-Great-Condition-/130483187159?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item1e61676dd7

DR

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2011, 09:29:29 am »
was there a reserve price on the bike? It seems the top bidder is bidding against himself looking at the bid history. I don't feel it'll go much higher but never say never.

DR

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2011, 10:13:00 am »
This be my RM50N (T tank). I have replica N front guard now courtesy of Matcho Mick's fine glassing skills. As soon as I get a matching rear the rest will be finished off with all the rusty bits replated to bring it up to a nice rideable standard. I have a pilot just frothing at the bit but it's a bit of a step up from the JR50 he's learning on at present ;) I think he'll like it..I know I would have!! ;D

must eventually get a seat cover for the 80X parked beside it too :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:20:39 am by Doc »