Author Topic: So what boots are we wearin Boys?  (Read 12333 times)

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: So what boots are we wearin Boys?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 10:37:55 am »
  They look interesting! the biggest thing these days is the grade of the plastic they all use especially for the cheaper line,i suppose their designed to have certain life span, otherwise we'd all have one set for life, like the old fullgrain cowhide sidi's / A-stars/RG's  etc of yesteryear of which a lot are still going strong after 30+ years . Be interesting to know how the old Heckel's and later scotts stood up to time ! As a teenager i badly wanted a pair of Heckel's (just like Gastons) but they were just too exxy at the time! Anybody want to unload a set i'd like some for the collection -PM  ;D

Captain Bilko

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 10:45:44 am »
Tech 8's and 10's
I actually use the foot-brace thingy from my t10's in my t8's.
As soon as the factory tread is rooted I get North Melb shoe repairs to put their soles on my boots and they last grouse! (I shapen my footpegs to whithin an inch of their life so they're pretty tough on boots....)
Last time I busted my foot is was wearing boots without the foot brace in 'em (a big flat-landing snapped her clean ::))
Bugger the period look.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 10:58:31 am »
couldn't seem to get tech10's to feel right on my feet.

Ive been told they are made for a longer thin foot.  :)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »
I've got an old pair of white Oneal boots I've had for about 20 years, I can't remember what model they are but they were considered unbearably cool back in 1999 and they're still in surprisingly good nick. Because of peer pressure I got a pair of red/yellow Alpine Star Tec 8's a few years ago to match my red Maico riding pants and they've also survived the years in good usable nick but despite much less use they're showing the wear more than the Oneals. Last year I bought a pair of grey Fly boots at the Stony Creek Motorcycles fire auction for no other reason than nobody was bidding on them and they were my size (11). I got 'em for $80....a great deal I thought. The quality appears to be excellent with plenty of ankle support and good, double and triple stitching. I've only worn them once but unfortunately I doubt it'll be wearing them any time soon because of my bad ankle. Due to a long term injury my right ankle is in pretty poor condition and I'm unable to straighten it enough to get a stiff new boot on and off without a lot of pain. It took three people half an hour and a lot of pain to get my boot off at HBBB so the Fly's have been relegated to the closet and the Oneals will be modified with a stanley knife to enable easy boot fitting and removal. I can't bring myself to cut the Alpines or the new Flys yet. This is the main reason (along with my crap knee) that I rarely ride these days. :(
Does anyone know of a boot that can be fitted without me having to straighten my foot?

Hi Firko, there are varying levels of suitable protection for you. Keep in mind when riding on top of the giant cheese grater(world), that any level of protection is better than none.

I have been in a similar boat. From a motorcycle accident(not my fault, alcohol was the problem), I broke my right ankle. Also keep in mind when we were kids some of us were in thongs, only the rich kids could afford the protection of a canvas "Jim Boot", and only Kiwis had Gum boots.

At our age we are not there for the fashion parade or trophies or the need to be in a full roll cage because we aspire to shatter the speed of light. It's just about comfort and fun.

When I bought the M-840, it was a conclusion based on what suited me.

1) compliance.
2) Unlike most boots I tried that are actually full of sinkers, the M-840 is relatively light.
3) Given I have survived a broken neck and a broken back as well as the ankle. They must be easy to get on and off by barely just being able to reach, then buckle and unbuckle. Again, the M-840 with out the sinkers, ticked those boxes.

Below are my preferred boots.
Black= Doc Martins. Brown=Army dissposal.

Fisrtly good socks, then those slip on ankle protector pad things, piece of cake to get on and off, as long as all the laces backed right off. I am sure you have plenty of freinds that would be happy to help you on and off with them.

For extra protection, I slip soccer chin guards into the tops as well. Best comfort and feel ever.

I feel I had to go this way because of comfort, I hate wearing boots at the best of times.

PS; you wear the same size, so I will bring them with me to the show and shine for a try out.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:23:23 pm by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 05:23:52 pm »
 :D way cool ,so your the bloke on the cover of CD7 book compiled by Roger Harvey  ;)  ;D
Best is in the West !!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 05:27:04 pm »
rossi boots, l have owned them since 1972, l do need a new pair.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 05:45:45 pm »
I have been using a pair of ex- Trampas Parker Style Martins for about 20 years now.
They were past their use by date a good 5 years ago.
Maybe even when Trampas threw them out ::)

I must make another new years resolution to get new boots for 2011.
Interesting reading here,
I had heard that the Tech 10’s were to stiff and bulky for vintage bikes and that Tech 6 or 8 were the go as they gave you more feel.
A few other brands I have tried in the past either didn’t fit my foot or if they did then their wasn’t room for any knee guards to slip down the front
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 09:24:35 pm »
Come to think of it, desert boots when we was was pups.

And then my next door neighbor, Peter, with slip on blunstones.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 09:31:53 pm by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 12:28:09 am »
I was about to say I have a pair of Black/Yellow Scott boots that I would be preapred to sell cheap if anyone was interested and then I say Mainy's comment -  :-[ - I actually liked the Scott boots and bought this pair being told they were the size (and colour) I was after - unfortunately it took me a long time to get them here from the States to find they aren't my size.  One piece in one boot needs to be reglued but they are available to a good home for a really good price if anybody else is as silly as me and they fit - about 9/10 Australina I think?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 12:31:54 am »
I was about to say I have a pair of Black/Yellow Scott boots that I would be preapred to sell cheap if anyone was interested and then I say Mainy's comment -  :-[ - I actually liked the Scott boots and bought this pair being told they were the size (and colour) I was after - unfortunately it took me a long time to get them here from the States to find they aren't my size.  One piece in one boot needs to be reglued but they are available to a good home for a really good price if anybody else is as silly as me and they fit - about 9/10 Australina I think?
come on Rossco you have that many costume changes you must have as many boots as Amelda marcos has shoes!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 09:21:30 pm »
lets see if I can do better with the spelling this time!!!  Had a look at those Jett boots - not a bad looking unit and so far good reviews - shame you can get them for $319US + postage from the States and they are $600 Aus over here though.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »

So the new boots have been put a bit further down the shopping list.

I lied.

I bought a pair of Sidi Crossfires on the weekend. Got them 20% off without really trying $750 down to $600) - still more expensive than buying from OS, but close enough and they had them in stock and in the right size & colour.
Plus the girl who served me didn't point out that my pants fly was undone (I realised after I walked out...).

Also tried AlpineStar Tech 7s, and they felt like they had zero ankle movement - REALLY hard to walk in and I seriously couldn't imagine ever being able to change gear while wearing them. I know they'd loosen up once they were broken in, but I kinda figured that they'd also be damaged by the time they were loose enough to be comfortable.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mainline

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »

Plus the girl who served me didn't point out that my pants fly was undone (I realised after I walked out...).

;D nice work

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:36 pm »
Maybe im just a soft cock but these days i will do all i can to avoid more broken legs even if i dont look period  ;D

Now that you bought a shit kicking BSA Ricky Bill the state of your cock is not up for debate. Hi Points mate. something with rivets and steel leg shields like Mad Max.

This is the way I saw your new gear

formerly Marc.com

mainline

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:30 pm »
are you allowed to have a shifter hanging off your jersey during a race?