Author Topic: are there too many class's in VMX  (Read 25080 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: are there too many class's in VMX
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2010, 01:35:39 pm »
moto's are never measured by the last place guy to cross the line and never will be.
it's all about fitting longer moto's into the program and you can't start the next race untill the last place guy is off the paddock.
i'm with Firko,
the Metcher proposal has merrit.
No kidding... that's why the last sentence in my post says 'the nats obviously need to be split to cater for longer motos'

firko

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2010, 01:39:12 pm »
hat's a ridiculous post Firko, moto's are never measured by the last place guy to cross the line and never will be. Last place probably spent a minute lying on the ground resting after a fall anyway..
The Nats obviously need to be split to cater for longer moto's.
With respect John, a race isn't finished until the last bloke crosses the line...therefore that's the duration of the race. No matter how long the first place bloke takes, the next race can't be started until the last bloke comes home. I'd have thought that was pretty obvious.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2010, 01:49:12 pm »
That is obvious Firko, i've done a few races in my time.. but it's not how timed moto's are measured was my point.
It seems to me that the people opposing longer motos don't regularly race the Nationals anyway.. What's with that?

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2010, 02:05:33 pm »
come on Firko, your kidding right, no event in the world is measured by when the last guy finishes, geez.

we would still be waiting for Bathurst to finish if this was the case! hang on, it could be known as the never ending National title Race ;D,

Cheers Worms

still taking orders on shirts!, new title though, "20 min , 3 lapper was here" well, he will be here soon

the whole point is, no use spliting the nats and you still get 3 lap races, it's a waste of space.( sorry , just my opinion)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:24:34 pm by worms »

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2010, 02:41:05 pm »

If Neale Wilson crosses the finish line just in front of Deano at the 15 min mark and the chequered flag comes out it will take him 3.23 sec to get back around to the finish line at best, so the race duration time would be 15 min plus 3.23 min before the track is clear. 
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2010, 02:45:26 pm »

If Neale Wilson crosses the finish line just in front of Deano at the 15 min mark and the chequered flag comes out it will take him 3.23 sec to get back around to the finish line at best, so the race duration time would be 15 min plus 3.23 min before the track is clear. 
You better let MA and the rest of the world know they've been measuring it wrong all these years!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2010, 03:42:26 pm »
WHAT-----a chequered flag -is finito-end -go home-finished-completed 75% of distance.
At the completion of 15 min,the leading rider will be displayed the last lap board when he pass's start finish line,which is the last lap.  ;D
KISS
cheers
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:50:02 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »
come on Firko, your kidding right, no event in the world is measured by when the last guy finishes, geez
I'm dreadfully sorry Trev but I'm deadly serious and I'm using your own Conondale Nats as my example. To try and get my point across to you and Johnny O, I fully agree with you that the current race length for the Nats is too short. Read my posts back and you'll see what I wrote.
The point I'm making that seems to be misunderstood is that at the Conondale Nats the duration of the 3 lap races were defined by the amount of time the last bloke took to finish. As a official Trevor you know quite well that you can't start another race until the last bloke is finished. This is a totally different concept to a timed moto where the race is ended when the winner crosses the line. That's fine ....but it's not the way the Conondale Nats was run. I was merely making the point that using those times as an example of how long a race is run and how difficult it'd be fitting longer races into the program.

Lets look at that over 60s program again, but this way from the perspective of a timed moto. Rob Newmans over 60s 3.03 minute lap x 15minutes would end up a 5 lap race, Andrew Baileys Over 50s 2.49 lap time  for a 15 minute moto he'd do 6 laps. On the other end of the scale Dean Burts 2.35 minute lap for a 15 minute+1 lap moto he'd do around 7 laps.

If you can follow that you'll see that those 15 minute motos would add a lot of laps and therefore time to the program, something that isn't readily available if the Conandale Nats program is used as an example. I'll repeat my point again..unless the Nats split goes ahead, we're pretty much stuck to what we've got.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2010, 04:44:26 pm »
here here -----unless the Nats split goes ahead, we're pretty much stuck to what we've got.

Hey worms !!! put up a poll and see who wants 3 or 5 laps or 15 motos (tradition) at Nationals.  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »
Dear firko

would you believe if i said we are on the same planet, just spinning in opposite directions , but the end result will be, we wind up in the same spot ;D,

we need to split the Nats or change it back to 2 rounds with longer races, its not about when the last guy finishes, its about a set requirement for a National title, what ever that may be.

your buddy, pal and probablly the only beachwormer you know. ;D

Cheers Worms,

can we please stop saying laps unless you define what a lap constits of, 2.5klms or 20m for some?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:52:00 pm by worms »

oldfart

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2010, 04:52:55 pm »
I'm with Allison 15 miuntes is measured at leading rider not tail end......  consideration has to be taken into account, when you have longer racers there is more of a chance there will be bike/ rider failure.

Why where 3 lap races introduced  ?????          

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2010, 04:59:49 pm »

Why where 3 lap races introduced  ?????          

Probably to fit em all into a pre85 Nationals..5 for Nats is good I reckon.. 8)
ps Steven's was helping me write all this   ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2010, 05:07:55 pm »
we need to split the Nats or change it back to 2 rounds with longer races, its not about when the last guy finishes, its about a set requirement for a National title, what ever that may be.
I reckon you're making this up as you go Trev..... ;D
Why do you put these posts up Trevor? You ask for suggestions but as soon as they don't match up with yours you go all weird and wobbly on us. All I'm asking is how do you propose to fit 15 minute motos into a full program using the current format and class structure. I'm not criticising a 15 minute format, or the need to go over to a timed system instead of 3 lappers but you've failed to see mine or anyones points except your own and now, after all of this kerfuffle you come back with cutting the number of races down to two? The punters are going to love that by golly! I reckon you're arguing for the sake of arguing. There is no point ot this thread whatsoever unless someone can devise a way of increasing the number of laps while keeping three motos and having the program coming in on time. Guess what.....there ain't a solution until the Nats is split so why bother going on and on. The split ain't gonna happen in the near future so...for the third time I'll repeat....We're stuck with what we've got for the time being. Once the Metcher Proposal is passed we can have a good old hearty discussion but until then...live with it as it is.
'm with Allison 15 miuntes is measured at leading rider not tail end..
Me too, but that's not how it is at the moment Oldfart.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:11:28 pm by firko »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2010, 06:03:00 pm »
because I believe we are the ambassadors for the future of the sport, and yes i will stop posting and nobody will think again of it,

we all say change is needed,

Cheers Worms

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

you go all weird and wobbly on us.

Youve seen Trev's riding as well,  :o
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:11:17 pm by Graham »
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!