Author Topic: growing group sick of blokes hoarding bikes/parts  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
growing group sick of blokes hoarding bikes/parts
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »
just letting others know that there is a growing group of vmxers,  that have stopped selling parts and bikes to people that dont ride/show or onsell and just add to their ridiculously large stockpile of bikes and parts.  this behaviour rips the guts out of a great sport that has a finite future.  i cant stand that nearly every month in vmx magazine there is a story of some bloke and his huge collection of vmx bikes.  if they think others envy them, well there are many that think "wanker".  yeh yeh everyone will have their philosophical opinion about this, but tell someone that gives a shit.

TM BILL

Re: growing group sick of blokes hoarding bikes/parts
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:16:59 pm »
Say it aint so  :o :o :o :o :o

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:50 pm »
well picture this """
Thirty three hoarders fall off the perch..right here in oz...They will flood the market with old dodgee bikes...Another revolution begins  :P :P :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:28:09 pm »
vmx247 that is bloody funny and true!  i spoke to a big supplier in qld and he is only keen to sell to  non hoarders.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:36:50 pm »
  i spoke to a big supplier in qld and he is only keen to sell to  non hoarders.

yes we know who we are  :-X...
Did I tell you its an addiction the seacontainers full,sheds over flowing and I know longer sleep in our bedroom.  ;D   ;)
One day- just one day I'll fit that-rebuild that-rewire that-recover that-respring that-refork that...........
Best is in the West !!

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:43:56 pm »
What number do you become a hoarder at? :-\

I think that if you have worked hard and can afford to buy the things you always wanted as a kid you should no use going to the grave thinking I wish I'd have ridden that tm400 or maico 490 you could even buy a bultaco as some do 360 frontera would be nice. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:47:55 pm »
l will back you all the way harvey, l was born in a family of hoarders, no one can say l am a hoarder, and it does stop the sport from growing, l have experiance that at race meetings over the years. Harvey what model bike are you looking for l may beable to help. ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:29:26 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:02 pm »
hey tm bill. i read your response, went away but came back later and then noticed your big list of bikes under your response !! that was funny, great shit stir. im still laughing at that!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »
just letting others know that there is a growing group of vmxers,  that have stopped selling parts and bikes to people that dont ride/show or onsell and just add to their ridiculously large stockpile of bikes and parts.  this behaviour rips the guts out of a great sport that has a finite future.  i cant stand that nearly every month in vmx magazine there is a story of some bloke and his huge collection of vmx bikes.  if they think others envy them, well there are many that think "wanker".  yeh yeh everyone will have their philosophical opinion about this, but tell someone that gives a shit.

::)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 11:23:45 pm »
Yeah Harvey i noted that and laughed also. But in all fairness-I have afew bikes that i race at nepean and i own a few that i never will race, just get tempted when i see someting for sale that i like, I reckon i have sold on more bikes than i own and every bike that goes through my hands goes to the next as a better unit than when i got it and trust me there is no net profit, Just keeps me off the street. Also it was a good way to piss off the missus. She stopped counting at three.
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

firko

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 11:30:17 pm »
What a funny post ;D. I'm sure Harvey's taking the piss here. What's a hoarder? How many bikes do you need to have before you are officially a hoarder, 2, 4, 6,16, 32.....what's the cutoff?, Who are these suppliers who think hoarders are wankers and won't take their money?
 It's funny...Anthony Suttor has about 100 Bultacos rotting away in his shearing shed out in Euchareena but Bultacos still come up for sale every other week with nobody interested in buying them. Anthony's stash has zero to do with supply and demand. The same goes for other "hoarded" collections having no effect on the market. This old hoarder chestnut's been going on for twenty years and means absolutely nothing. That's my "philosophical opinion". ::)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 11:37:23 pm »
Go Firko,
But in all sincerity mate, i think i will take a leaf out of your book and sell a couple myself as you have done recently, how you going with that anyway. Seems to be a problem with selling old bikes either people cannot seem to appreciate a good bike for a fair price or if you sell a cheapie then people pick the shit out of it, like those handlebars are not correct for model bla bla bla.
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

kringle

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 12:03:27 am »
i guess i'm classed as a horder with my 14 bikes  even though i'm going through each one restoring

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 12:46:17 am »
The only time I get annoyed is when guys have bikes that they're "gonna rebuild", but clearly are never going to do anything with. Doubly when they're left outside to rot.

.... Bultacos still come up for sale every other week with nobody interested in buying them.

Maybe Bultacos aren't the ideal example?  ;D

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 01:20:44 am »
Surely YOU cant hoard bikes that arent runners. 

And if you sell them no one wants them anyway,  they all wont runner for 2/5 of fork all. 

There are bikes out there, YOU just have to pay what there worth or sit on the fence and keep waiting to the cherry one comes up, if every.  Do something or do nothing either way its your call
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:22:42 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff