Author Topic: growing group sick of blokes hoarding bikes/parts  (Read 12098 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: growing group sick of blokes hoarding bikes/parts
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 02:20:06 pm »
And then you'd give him his own magazine just to shut him up. ;D ;D....."Blokes and there shed's"   by Nathan......contributing editors...Firko.....DJ....Alison....Freakhead.....music composed,written and played by AJ....(why not a singing talking, magazine....Jeff could do the voiceovers with his authoritive voice  ;D)  proof-read by Dave ofcourse, artwork by TM I was never arested for graffitti Bill....shit, it,s becoming a plan......
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:58 pm »
Why do people worry about what others have in their sheds? A while ago I got a disturbing  PM from a former forum member telling me that he's sick to of "rich guys" like me and our fancy bike 'sticking' it to blokes "like him" whatever that means. Not that it's anyones business but I've only got 7 complete and operable bikes which is a miserable number when compared to most folks. As far as my bikes being fancy, a few of them may look that way now but nearly all of them started as rusty old shitboxes and turning those rusty hulks that most people wouldn't touch into "fancy bikes" is what gives me joy. To think that anyone who 1: has decent and rare bikes and 2: a decent sized collection is rich is in most cases wrong. I'm a self funded retiree living in Fibroville who by luck happens to have a few manual skills and is capable of building a bike without spending cash registers full of money. None of my bikes owe me any more than 3 or 4 k tops. My "fancy bike" Cheney owes me about $2500 total.

I have as just as much respect for Jimson and his little  Indian or Doc and his low buck Suzukis as I do for the cashed up fellas and their flash Monarks or Rickmans. Whether a blokes got one bike or a hundred, a Metisse or a Honcho it doesn't matter one iota to me, we're all doing the same thing with bikes that we love. It's time these blokes who think those with big collections are wankers got to know those blokes a bit better. They'd soon find out that they're exactly the same as them.

oldfart

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »
Hoarder I'm not, but a collector I am . So stick that up yah pipe and smoke it.

TT

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »
I've managed to hold my tongue until now..................  :-X

A while ago I got a disturbing  PM from a former forum member telling me that he's sick to of "rich guys" like me and our fancy bike 'sticking' it to blokes "like him"

Are there actually people in our sport that are that F#@ked up that they resort to this sort of crap.  >:(
I am interested in what other guys have got in their shed but only because I like looking at all old bikes.
I used to really enjoy the knowledge sharing and comeraderie of this forum, but lately it seems to be more and more bullshit like this than a bunch of blokes enjoying old dirt bikes and a bit of history together.
What's happened?????????

Stuff this. I'm going riding................

oldfart

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 03:38:44 pm »
Tony, My sentiments exactly.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 03:45:43 pm »
And then you'd give him his own magazine just to shut him up. ;D ;D....."Blokes and there shed's"   by Nathan......contributing editors...Firko.....DJ....Alison....Freakhead.....music composed,written and played by AJ....(why not a singing talking, magazine....Jeff could do the voiceovers with his authoritive voice  ;D)  proof-read by Dave ofcourse, artwork by TM I was never arested for graffitti Bill....shit, it,s becoming a plan......

youd have to climb over all my half finshed, broken shit before you got to the good stuff anyway.  I havent forgotten the FT KEn, its still a matter of lining the planets with TonyT and a weekend im not fixing somthing back up with wire.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 04:08:03 pm »
Bugger l have just bought another bike, l am becoming a hoader. ???

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:01 pm »
What did you get Dave?

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:19 pm »
A while ago I got a disturbing  PM from a former forum member telling me that he's sick to of "rich guys" like me and our fancy bike 'sticking' it to blokes "like him" whatever that means. Not that it's anyones business but I've only got 7 complete and operable bikes which is a miserable number when compared to most folks.

Your right Firko 7 is a pretty skinny collection but like you say you are on a fixed income, plus from what I gather you have more coming. ;)

As for the 'rich guys' they are normally the guys who have got off their ass in life and got what they want in their sheds. I havn't got time to think about what the so called poor (lazy) are bleeting about. My income and hard shopping allows me some nice bikes and the so called poor can kiss my nickel plated trick part ass.

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 04:56:45 pm »
our right Firko 7 is a pretty skinny collection but like you say you are on a fixed income, plus from what I gather you have more coming.
It hasn't always been that thin Marc but when I stopped racing at the end of the last century I decided to cull the herd and limit it to the 7 or 8 I can comfortably garage. I do have about four in various stages of restoration and two on the way from the US but to make room for them, three from the "never use" shed will have to go. Eventually I'll have the herd culled to house just the trick part bikes I love. I reckon seven or eight not counting road bikes and moderns is a fair number.

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 04:58:53 pm »
Wish I had more money so I could be a hoarder too, you can never have enough bikes in the shed

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 05:07:01 pm »
It just takes time.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 05:43:38 pm »
…and the so called poor can kiss my nickel plated trick part ass.

Come on Marc,
Tell us what you really think?  :D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 06:14:37 pm »
People get jealous for no real reason, I have had the odd pm too Firko I am probably considered poor I am only a second year apprentice but apperantly according to people that didn't know me my mum and dad were paying for all my bikes  ???, I have to save up for any big item I buy.

If the 400 is in your un used shed Firko Pm me.

If you really want something it isn't that hard to save up and buy it as long as you are prepared to work for it.

I only have one Vmx bike but I am happy with that especially being a kick ass vmx bike.
1971 tm400 and PE's

DR

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 06:30:31 pm »
you can never have enough bikes in the shed

exactly! well kind of, sometimes it's nice to be able to actually have enough space walk between them..now that would be Utopia ;D