Author Topic: Code of Conduct for OzVMX  (Read 16430 times)

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Code of Conduct for OzVMX
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 02:10:23 pm »
Half the reason I hang in this forum is because most of us are mature age.  I was on one particular forum once that originally had a great bunch of good humored blokes.  But as it grew and a lot of youngsters and tossers got onto it, it went downhill fast.  What happens on OZVMX is nothing compared to the insults, abuse and downright threats I have seen on that other bike forum.  They eventually had a major crackdown and police it better.

I think the only problems that occasionally crop up on this one is because it's full of racers and that competative nature sometimes comes out on the keyboard.

Personally, insulting or threatening someone from the safety of your keyboard is pretty weak and unaustralian.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 03:50:18 pm »
Half the reason I hang in this forum is because most of us are mature age.  I was on one particular forum once that originally had a great bunch of good humored blokes.  But as it grew and a lot of youngsters and tossers got onto it, it went downhill fast.  What happens on OZVMX is nothing compared to the insults, abuse and downright threats I have seen on that other bike forum.  They eventually had a major crackdown and police it better.
 I think the only problems that occasionally crop up on this one is because it's full of racers and that competative nature sometimes comes out on the keyboard.
Personally, insulting or threatening someone from the safety of your keyboard is pretty weak and unaustralian.
Hear Hear .
Ji ?
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 04:41:48 pm »
As Firko says, 99% of the posts are fine because at least 99% of the members live and work within acceptable standards.

There is no question that this is one of the very best Forums of its type, and without pissing in his pocket I reckon Graeme does a commendable job of keeping it ticking along.    

There are some things that can't be legislated for.    For legislation to be effective it needs to be enforceable and there are plenty of examples out there in the arenas of motor racing and finance and you-name-it where it simply doesn't work.    Any attempt to ' legislate ' for a better standard of posting on the Forum will introduce the need for a policeman and will involve extra time to ensure compliance.   Extra work would be the last thing Graeme needs right now.

KISS.   Things are OK.    On those odd occasions when someone steps over our personal mark ( no, not Firko, that would be some leap  ;D ) treat it with the respect it demands and ignore it.

I value the depth of information, the common interests, the support from so many of you out there on the other side of the sun, and the ability of this forum to keep me half sane when work committments drive me crazy.     Thanks Guys, keep up the great work.     T250.

MXB4ME

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 10:22:12 am »
I agree with T250 he's on the right page

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 08:18:29 am »
just seeing if I was banned from this page, nope, oh well onward and upward!

I think Johnny0 should be banned as he knows too much about VMX and it gets up my nose. he's out of place I say!

090 should join Johnny0 as he's too bloody fast.

is this Conduct of Code?

sorry, I know we're supposed to be serious.

Cheers Worms
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:31:16 am by worms »

DR

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 08:46:39 pm »
onwards and upwards ya reckon worms..seems more a spiraling decent to me ;D btw, did you ever sell that italjet mini?

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 11:50:58 pm »
I dunno, maybe I’m too straight, but I think setting up an alias to look like some one else’s name is a step too far.
What may be a piss take can make someone look responsible for statements they didn’t make.

Talking shit with your mates is shit stirring but to set up some one that you may not like is bullying.

If your kids copped that at school you wouldn’t tolerate it, and as we’re “supposed” to be mature we should be above that.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

mx250

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 06:49:22 am »
As Firko says, 99% of the posts are fine because at least 99% of the members live and work within acceptable standards.

There is no question that this is one of the very best Forums of its type, and without pissing in his pocket I reckon Graeme does a commendable job of keeping it ticking along.    

There are some things that can't be legislated for.    For legislation to be effective it needs to be enforceable and there are plenty of examples out there in the arenas of motor racing and finance and you-name-it where it simply doesn't work.    Any attempt to ' legislate ' for a better standard of posting on the Forum will introduce the need for a policeman and will involve extra time to ensure compliance.   Extra work would be the last thing Graeme needs right now.

KISS.   Things are OK.    On those odd occasions when someone steps over our personal mark ( no, not Firko, that would be some leap  ;D ) treat it with the respect it demands and ignore it.

I value the depth of information, the common interests, the support from so many of you out there on the other side of the sun, and the ability of this forum to keep me half sane when work committments drive me crazy.     Thanks Guys, keep up the great work.     T250.

+1

Only one rule needed; Graeme's rules rule  ;) ;D.

OzVMX rule 101; Be nice or I'll nuke your account, your posts and your threads. 
Signed Graeme M OzVMX elected dictator  ;) :D.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 08:38:47 am »
I dunno, maybe I’m too straight, but I think setting up an alias to look like some one else’s name is a step too far.
What may be a piss take can make someone look responsible for statements they didn’t make.
Talking shit with your mates is shit stirring but to set up some one that you may not like is bullying.
If your kids copped that at school you wouldn’t tolerate it, and as we’re “supposed” to be mature we should be above that.
With you there GMC.
Gutless is a word you didn,t use but may fit. >:(
One wonders what the BOSS is doing letting that sort of shit go on.
Must of just missed it.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 09:27:01 am »
Ok... What exactly are you talking about. If there's something going on I've missed it. Too busy enjoying the Christmas cheer I guess, so only on here a bit at a time. Tell me all, by PM if necessary.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:20 am »
They're talking about the user called "Ji Gant or" (note extra space).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:09 am »
Looks like the message got through, seems whoever it was has deleted everything

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:19 am »
Not this little puppy Vwalter. ;)or is it hornet or wasp or walter or YSS or whatever personality you wake up today with.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:30:45 pm by Davey Crocket »
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Doggy Digger

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:48 am »
About this issue ... the posting of a thread to mock someone, using their identity.   

I'd been in touch with the target a few times after CD7, and he was ALREADY
deeply hurt over things posted about him earlier in the year.  Deeply.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 11:31:44 am »
Great to see John Tite  deleted it . Hopefully it will stop now , before more people leave .

deleting ...we have lost some very valuable things through people deleting..
eg:its like throwing that 69 Maico into the bottom of a dam.. :'(
Alison
Best is in the West !!