Author Topic: Code of Conduct for OzVMX  (Read 16424 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: Code of Conduct for OzVMX
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 11:36:04 am »
About this issue ... the posting of a thread to mock someone, using their identity.
I'd been in touch with the target a few times after CD7, and he was ALREADY
deeply hurt over things posted about him earlier in the year.  Deeply.
I have spoken to him too and find this whole deal weak as piss and gutless.
He was even threatened  with physical harm.
Pathetic pricks.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

mx250

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 12:20:33 pm »
About this issue ... the posting of a thread to mock someone, using their identity.   

I'd been in touch with the target a few times after CD7, and he was ALREADY
deeply hurt over things posted about him earlier in the year.  Deeply.
(target more correctly equals victim).

I'm sorry to hear of Ji's hurt. It shouldn't happen. This is suppose to be a hobby and interest for all.

Fortunately for me I read over and ignore much of the crap that goes on, but it still shouldn't go on or be tolerated. But other than having an IQ test or maturity  test to join the forum I can't think of a solution. May be some 'car park' counseling at the next CD  ::).

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »
On some other forums im on they have a no tollerance to a lot of the nonsense that goes on here and they have Time Out system, so if you do the wrong thing after being formally warned, then your account gets locked up for a couple weeks so you cant post or log onto the forum. If you continually break the rules then your account is locked for good. Kind of reminds me school a bit :). Until there is some sort of penalty or deterrant against bad behaviour on here, then it will just continue.

Another idea is more moderators on here to keep an eye on things and keep a look out for when Graeme is not on here.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:33:30 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

firko

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 02:58:11 pm »
I'm sorry to hear of Ji's hurt. It shouldn't happen
I agree, but I still think that Ji was being more than a bit precious with his tutorials. I personally liked them and appreciated the spirit in which they were given but I feel that when he continued to post points that were clearly in error and dismissing attempts by others including myself at offering opinion, he took this as a personal attack. His 'school marm' attitude didn't help either. It's disappointing that he took criticism so personally. I can't remember any of the criticism being personal, most of it was purely attempts to correct errors which he wouldn't accept.

As someone who continually cops shit from a particular forum member I'd advise Ji to ignore the personal criticisms as I have....lifes too short to deal with that crap. If I'm one of those who offended Ji I genuinely apologise. Bring the tutorials back, the CZ fork thread you started on Cousin Weedy was informative and worth saving because of the weedy community input. Opening your tutorials to allow for open discussion can only improve the result.

As for the Ji Gant or posts...I missed the offensive post but I think most of us realised from post one that it was a scammer. I just knew that he was building up to eventually hammer somebody, you get to be able to spot them after a while. I'm sorry it was such an up front bloke as GMC who was the recipient.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 03:07:49 pm »
The Ji Gant or username seems to have disappeared, along with I guess the posts in question. A shame I didn't pick that up earlier as I can easily trace them via IP address/email if it's one of several usernames.

I must make an effort to get the code of conduct posted up. As far as copping shite on here, well... you do need to develop a thick skin I think. I know that sometimes it all goes too far and it's hard to know how someone will react when that happens.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »
I was following that Mark and to me it wasnt much different to any other posts...maybe a few noses out of joint but theres alot of people going stir crazy at the moment with the weather conditions out there, bored, sitting behind a keyboard. Imagine being Ricky Ponting at the moment...I dont think he's gonna sook about it...Ji's problems where bought on by Ji...people keep telling him to ease up but he knew better and now we know he's been kicked off other forums when it doesnt go his way...if you make your bed then you lay in it....with some people its like feeding strawberries to pigs and some people on here need to lighten up....you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink...and Graham, your right, it wasnt anything out of the norm.....tight nuts DC ;D....see, made ya laugh. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2010, 03:33:44 pm »
I was following that Mark and to me it wasnt much different to any other posts...maybe a few noses out of joint but theres alot of people going stir crazy at the moment with the weather conditions out there, bored, sitting behind a keyboard. Imagine being Ricky Ponting at the moment...I dont think he's gonna sook about it...Ji's problems where bought on by Ji...people keep telling him to ease up but he knew better and now we know he's been kicked off other forums when it doesnt go his way...if you make your bed then you lay in it....with some people its like feeding strawberries to pigs and some people on here need to lighten up....you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink...and Graham, your right, it wasnt anything out of the norm.....tight nuts DC ;D....see, made ya laugh. ;D
Spot on DC

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:10 pm »
Spot on DC

i agree

TM BILL

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010, 04:19:14 pm »

Well said you Fat forker  :P Opps now you will have a support network John  ;D it will be all councilling and Kum bye ahs  ;D

Seriously why all the fuss  ??? where was the self proclaimed expert to defend himself  if he was so offended ???

Its a forum and who ever the 2nd Ji was was taking the piss thats all  ::) how many of the Ji fan club have actually met Robert (in real life ) hes allright and more than capable of giving as good as he gets  :)

Lighten up  :)

Walter are you for real  :o you've had more personalities on here than a schitzophrenics tea party  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:22:14 pm by TM BILL »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010, 04:44:55 pm »
Walter are you for real  :o you've had more personalities on here than a schitzophrenics tea party  ;)

Exactly what i was thinking Bill

TM BILL

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 05:07:03 pm »
So if you fugg a chook ones , you always a choockfugger ? Is that what you mean Billi ?  Yes there was a time I had different avatars ( like a few others ) but just for fun  and not to bully one individual in a primitive
 way . There is a difference  ;)

Wally me old mucker what you do with poultry is your buisness  ;D but respect for coming clean. Glad i couldn't make Xmas dinner though , who stuffs your Turkey  ;D

I dont know if what was said was bullying (but i didnt see all the post) what i did see was an obvious piss take and if taking the piss is now bullying then pass me the Bantam and the vaseline cos i need a new hobby  ;D

One of the great things about this Forum is its a reflection of the way Australians deal with things , Aussie would have to be the last bastion of NON PC shit in the free world :D

For forks sake dont let that ever change , we who live outside Australia look in with envy,  your country is probably one of the last REAL places in the world and this forum is a reflection of that life .

If you dont believe me go into some of those Yank or Pom forums  ::) you can have an opinion as long as its PC and doesnt conflict with the opinion of one of the many Moderators  ::) One Pommy forum has more mods than members  ;D

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:13:14 pm by TM BILL »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »
Are we talking about a different person now Wasp...who's GI....is that GI Joe?....love you 2 times big boy :-*...I take it theres a shortage of chooks in Adelaide these days..... ;D...whats on the menu tonight? polish chicken in a pot? (sausage)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:01:09 am by Davey Crocket »
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2010, 05:52:14 pm »
Yes there was a time I had different avatars ( like a few others ) but just for fun  and not to bully one individual in a primitive
I dont know if what was said was bullying (but i didnt see all the post) what i did see was an obvious piss take and if taking the piss is now bullying then pass me the Bantam and the vaseline cos i need a new hobby  ;D
From what I have heard there was a LOT more going on behind the scenes than just a piss take.
Mike

85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

TM BILL

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2010, 07:08:46 pm »
Yes there was a time I had different avatars ( like a few others ) but just for fun  and not to bully one individual in a primitive
From what I have heard there was a LOT more going on behind the scenes than just a piss take.
Mike

What was going on  ???

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:01 pm »
I'm sorry it was such an up front bloke as GMC who was the recipient.

What, me worry?  ;D

I didn’t find it offensive to myself, nor did I notice anything offensive in the thread.
But it was such an ordinary thread it had me wondering what the supposed piss take was supposed to be by using Ji’s name.
There’s not much that ruffles my feathers but I think if someone tried to use a name that mimicked mine I wouldn’t be pleased.
I worked out it wasn’t the real Ji within a few posts but this site is read by a lot of people that never post and don’t read every post so there would be some who didn’t get it.
“Chinese whispers” and all that.

I also find Ji to be an over sensitive new age guy and I don’t know why he doesn’t post anymore but to focus on someone that hasn’t been on here for 5 months makes it feel like a vendetta.
You may not see it as attacking him but if he feels he’s being attacked then do you really want to keep pushing him until he does something stupid?

As for rules and such, I don’t think you could ever write anything suitable.
I actually like the freedom and politically incorrect way on here too.
Graeme has given us a lot of rope and basically lets us self regulate.
Yeah it gets a bit heated at times but when ever someone steps out of line too much there’s usually someone else that will pull them back in line.
That’s usually what mates do for each other.
I think it’s worked fine so far.

Just my 2c worth
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/