Author Topic: VMX QUIZ  (Read 34569 times)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: VMX QUIZ
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:48 am »
Who was the 1982 and 83 world MX Sidecar Champion rider and who is his more famous cousin?

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2010, 12:49:58 pm »
Who was the 1982 and 83 world MX Sidecar Champion rider and who is his more famous cousin?

I'll go "Bowl Holder"

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:39 pm »
Did he only win twice-I thought he was better then that!
And I have seen some very large crowds at modern sidecar GPs, especially in Latvia and Estonia.
I reckon it's also Hollands biggest moto sport but I could be wrong.
How much horsepower does a Jumbo have and what did they weigh.Common Wally-- get the scales out  :D 

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2010, 07:14:06 pm »

That wasn't 'Hertz Van Rental' and his brother 'Avis' was it?  :D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Evil Rudy

« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2010, 07:45:34 pm »
Dear, dear, sweating mother of Jesus... we've been hi-jacked by the third wheel.

I'd rather be one eyed than have someone standing next to me on an MX track while we're moving! Isn't MX by definition a sport of two wheels?

I am willing to admit to racing three wheelers in the 80s - during the winter, but that just made me the dumb one. When two people try and race on the same three wheeler does that make them retarded or a quorum?

I’m willing to try anything – twice even, but someone has to be dumber than me to be the monkey, cause I don’t let anyone drive me (at least since prison).

Man love,
Rudy

TooFastTim

« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2010, 08:17:09 pm »
Isn't MX by definition a sport of two wheels?

Not at all. The FIMs consignment of the sports three wheeled variants is an historical crime IMO. Until the early sixties sidecars were a huge part of motorcycling. A young fellow started his apprenticeship, bought a cheap and cheerful motorcycle on hock (a James or Francis Barnett for example), finished his apprenticeship and bought a bigger motorcycle so he and his "lady" could have transport. Marriage followed and so did kids and a sidecar was attached. This was the way of things. The Morris Mini ended this and the motorcycle combination became a quaint anachronistic oddity. As an American you wouldn't have been exposed to this, the US's boom economy in the fifties neatly sidestepped this stage. When motorcycling boomed again in the early '80's it was as a luxury not a means of transport and the sidecar combination wasn't invited to the party.

Make no mistakes sidecars are part of the sport and, IMO, should be accorded more respect than most afford them. Grand Prix sidecar racing has always been an absolute spectacle with the cameraderie between the teams evident.

You could argue that MX sidecars are the only discipline, VMX excluded, still riding "real" MX.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:30:11 pm by TooFastTim »

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2010, 09:28:30 pm »

Make no mistakes sidecars are part of the sport and, IMO, should be accorded more respect than most afford them. Grand Prix sidecar racing has always been an absolute spectacle with the cameraderie between the teams evident.

You could argue that MX sidecars are the only discipline, VMX excluded, still riding "real" MX.
[/quote]

The mid 70's to early 80's I saw some of the best racing you would ever see in Sidecar racing in Australia with the top riders and passengers putting on tremendous racing with up to 30+ Sidecars on the line and they do deserve there place in VMX racing now,

Evil Rudy

« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2010, 10:04:03 pm »
IMO is like "with respect", absolute horse hockey. You might as well say "You have no f#cking idea what you're saying and it doesn't matter if I'm right, IMO I must be".

Sometimes you guys suck the life out of trying to take the piss... too serious. What's happening to Australia.

Walt - the only swinger I knew of was John Holmes - look where it got him.

Rudy

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »
Look at my avatar Rudy ;) I have the  wings. Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Evil Rudy

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:39 pm »
OK, if I'm sober enough to walk at the next CD I will actually try, but Wally, if you kill me I will come back and f@ck with you from beyond the grave. Seriously.

Are we 5 x 9?

Love,
Rudy

Evil Rudy

« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2010, 11:10:07 pm »
Oh Walter,

Do we get to wear matching outfits? Just like twins eh?

I'm thinking Yellow.

ER

Evil Rudy

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2010, 12:02:41 am »
uh un Walt, you and me brother, that's the only way I ride. Trust in the set up, trust in the spec. You know what I mean.

Trust me, its probably better I'm stumbling.

Whats with the foreign language. We speak stra'n now homes.

Yours in dampening,
Rudy

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2010, 10:44:34 am »

#8 and Wasp your quite right as to the rider but isn't his more famous cousin actually you WASP?

TooFastTim

« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2010, 11:38:27 am »
IMO is like "with respect", absolute horse hockey. You might as well say "You have no f#cking idea what you're saying and it doesn't matter if I'm right, IMO I must be".

I was just trying to keep my posting uncontroversial. Anyway as a New Yorker you'd have no understanding of tact or diplomacy.  ::)

Evil Rudy

« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2010, 11:49:36 am »
I'm glad we sorted that out Timmy.