Author Topic: The demise of manufacturing in Australia  (Read 54634 times)

mx250

Re: The demise of manufacturing in Australia
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2011, 11:34:42 am »
Because no matter how crap Gillard is, Abbott keeps beating her in the race to the bottom:

Sad but true :'(.

It seems whatever Labour does or says, the Libs will have a knee jerk reaction to disagree and say the opposite regardless of it's merit ::).

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:21 am »
It seems whatever Labour does or says, the Libs will have a knee jerk reaction to disagree and say the opposite regardless of it's merit ::).

and then claim to be a party with a 'vision' for the future.  :D 

If Abbott keeps up his fascination with 'winding everything back' we could soon find Robert Menzies as our PM again.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:59:45 am by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Curly3

« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »
You guy's are kidding yourselves,  I have mo recolection of Labor agreeing with little Johnnie Howard.
That's what the oposition do, oppose.
Any way do you recall another government that got everything they did so wrong, ever.
They are a disgrace.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2011, 12:58:44 pm »
where's Hitler- we could use someone like him right now-just to get everyones focus right.

mx250

« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »
where's Hitler- we could use someone like him right now-just to get everyones focus right.
Don't encourage them - we have the loony left and the loony right we don't need to go any further into the cesspool ::).

TooFastTim

« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2011, 01:22:10 pm »

There are other ways to galvanise a nation other than fear.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 04, 2011, 01:26:45 pm »

I strongly oppose to that , Opposition should keep the rivals honest but should still work together with them to the benefit of the nation . At the moment its a disgrace . Time for a good change worldwide .  ;)

Spot on.
A real opposition would provide positive input to policy for the nation's benefit - either through negotiation (which would be particularly easy/effective in this minority government) or simply by providing obviously better policy.

She's not "getting everything wrong" - her biggest problem is her inability to counter Negative Tony's tactics, just at is was Rudd's.
It suits Abbott politically, but is doing the country no bloody good at all.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Curly3

« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2011, 01:29:11 pm »
I didn't say I think that's right.
We deserve much better from both sides.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2011, 02:09:46 pm »

But none are as simple or effective...
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 04, 2011, 03:14:14 pm »
crap, political parties will jump into bed with anyone to have power, the ball is in Labors court and not the oppositions, you tell people to stop whinging all the time, maybe you need to pass this on to the government.

worms

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »
Any way do you recall another government that got everything they did so wrong, ever.

No ,not in Australia.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2011, 05:02:59 pm »
 We don't need another hitler maniac in the world, what we need here is Keating in the House to show how its done. [And then go away] As much as I disliked the arrogant p**** he would make a laughing stock of the mad monk every time he opened his crazy non-productive cake-hole.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

mx250

« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

There is, it's called leadership. Leadership requires brains, integrity, honesty, altruism and moral fortitude - all qualities sadly missing in our pollies and probably in our society generally. What was it that old Abe said about governments and their people.........

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2011, 05:22:13 pm »

I strongly oppose to that , Opposition should keep the rivals honest but should still work together with them to the benefit of the nation . At the moment its a disgrace . Time for a good change worldwide .  ;)

Spot on.
A real opposition would provide positive input to policy for the nation's benefit - either through negotiation (which would be particularly easy/effective in this minority government) or simply by providing obviously better policy.

She's not "getting everything wrong" - her biggest problem is her inability to counter Negative Tony's tactics, just at is was Rudd's.
It suits Abbott politically, but is doing the country no bloody good at all.

Strangely I have to agree.

My biggest problem with the Liberals is that NO is not an alternitive position. What they need to do, as you have said, is to provide a valid alternative to what Labour proposes, that is how good government is supposed to work. Unfortunately, in the majority of cases, the Liberals don't have a viable alternative policy and just say NO to what ever Labour puts forward. To me the biggest problem is the title "Opposition". Good government is for the elected politicians of all parties to work toghether for the betterment of the people.

While doing some management training many years ago, there was a long discussion during one session on what the best form of government was. In the end, it was agreed that the best form of government was not democratic, but a Benevolent Dictatorship, that is one person holds absolute power and governs for the benifit of ALL of the people.

Anyone want to support me in a small coup d'etat?

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »
Who are you putting forward as our leader CJ?

Perhaps we could a week each...