Author Topic: Anyone got info on this ebay seller - olddreamer13  (Read 6053 times)

Bioflex

Re: Anyone got info on this ebay seller - olddreamer13
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 11:20:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

I realise getting a reference from someone who is new to the board themselves won't be seen as too credible but noticing this post I thought I'd post my experiences with Old Dreamer so far.

A few weeks ago he had quite a few bikes up for sale on ebay and him and I discussed a deal where I was lucky enough to purchase two.
The purchasers were based on pictures and his say so, however they do look like very good examples and he was happy to provide as much as info as I requested.
Now, as anyone would know when it comes time to transferring large sums of money over to someone who you have never met and have no real info on via an online transfer can be a bit of a nervous experience.
Lukcily as it happened I was heading over from Tassie to Melbourne for business within a few days so I gave him a call to see if we could catch up in person. Darrell (Old Dreamer) had no problems with this, infact my wife and I were invited in to his home, had a coffee a good chat and talked bikes for quite a while.
Apart form being a likeable guy he is in a perfect situation to import. Enough disposable cash to purchase many bikes at once, and as his day job is in imports and shipping, his freight rates are obviously very competitive and he knows exactly what he is doing.
While I am still yet to collect my bikes (they arrive very soon), my dealings with him so far have been great and I fell completely comfortable with him looking after all of this. So much so that I'll likely do it again (there is no way I could be bothered with the hassle of importing a bike independently) and have already put one mate onto him who wants a Mustang.

I'll update this post after I actually collect the bikes but so far I can thoroughly recommend him

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 02:18:35 pm »
Sellers still selling and still recieving bids, so he must be doing something right   ;)  ;D   8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

TooFastTim

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 05:10:09 pm »
Can someone post a link to an item he's selling. I searched for him by name but came up with zip.

Just curiosity..

Curly3

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 05:27:45 pm »
Tim, check out the, Reserve still not met, topic in eBay finds.

TooFastTim

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 06:15:07 pm »
Tim, check out the, Reserve still not met, topic in eBay finds.

Thanks. That TT lools sweet as. Not really my cup of tea but nice anyhow.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »
RM's still doing well,but pricers are down on september 2010...
cheers A

I'll update this post after I actually collect the bikes but so far I can thoroughly recommend him

Hows the purchase Bioflex been for a ride/event ?
Best is in the West !!

Bioflex

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »
Have had a few bikes in the garage for a while now that I bought off this seller.
Very happy with the bikes, but due to an increasingly busy business and an expanding family (wife gave birth yesterday) still haven't been out for a ride on either.

I've a 82 model on it's way too, which looks like a beauty.

Hopefully I'll be able to take s full weekend off sometime and take them for a blast.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 12:16:42 am »
(wife gave birth yesterday) still haven't been out for a ride on either.

Geezz whizz..you dont get any modern than that  ;D  Congradulations to you both and enjoy the cigar  8)
Nice tidy RMs on ebay at the moment from olddreamer13,,Im sure you'll love the sting yours produces when you go for a ride...enjoy
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline frank jnr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 08:53:37 am »
Hi Bioflex, Im not sure who you met but Old Dreamer is Darren Cheney not Darrell, maybe you have got his name wrong. I bought a bike off Darren that I seen on ebay, it didnt make the Reserve but we spoke and agreed on a price. I wont say it was a great experience or a bad one either, as I got a bike that are pretty hard to get. But Darren is a great guy to deal with and is in the business to make money from these bikes. My only issue was and I told Darren, was the way he writes his add's on ebay, to me its a little over the top and id much rather know exactly whats good or bad about the bike, to what the bike was actually like (lets just keep it to the bike I bought). When i turned up to collect the bike, there was a couple of things i noticed, but knowing you couldnt find this bike on every street corner, I decided to still take it, which was my choice and i love the bike, but it just cost me an extra $2.5K. I wont go into detail of the bike or what was wrong with it, as I have spoke to Darren a couple of times since and we sorted our difference's. But I will say dont commit to a well priced bike until you have seen it in the flesh and checked it out, as all the photo's in the world can be made to look great. I was an inexperienced buyer, but not anymore. Cheers