Author Topic: SUZUKI THANKS ROGER DECOSTER FOR 15 YEARS OF RACING TOGETHER  (Read 12430 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
SUZUKI THANKS ROGER DECOSTER FOR 15 YEARS OF RACING TOGETHER
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:02:14 pm »
Brea, Calif. – September 1, 2010 – The championship-winning Rockstar Makita Suzuki team and Roger DeCoster will be parting ways after the close of the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross season. DeCoster has been Team Manager for Suzuki's Supercross and Motocross efforts for 15 years, and together they have earned numerous titles and championships. DeCoster will continue to lead the team through the final two rounds of the Motocross series.?
The championship-winning Rockstar Makita Suzuki team led by Ryan Dungey earned the 2010 AMA/FIM Supercross title in May and wrapped up the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross championship last weekend at Southwick, making him the most successful rookie in Supercross and Motocross history.

For now, the Rockstar Makita Suzuki team plans to focus on finishing off the 2010 season strong and celebrate the incredible year it has been. For 2011, the Rockstar Makita Suzuki team looks forward to defending its championships with Ryan Dungey sporting the number one plate in both the Supercross and Motocross series. The team will begin the search for a new manager in preparation for the 2011 race season.

American Suzuki Motor Corp., the Rockstar Makita Suzuki racing team, Rockstar Energy Drink, Makita Industrial Tools, Yoshimura R&D of America, and all the sponsors of the team wish Roger the best in his future endeavors, and thank him for the great years spent together at the races.

"You can never replace an icon like Roger," Yoshimura R&D of America Vice President Don Sakakura said. "However, with Suzuki and Yoshimura’s racing DNA still strong as ever, and with the core nucleus of the team staying the same, we are looking forward to defending 2010’s championships. Roger has made great contributions with Suzuki and certainly has the utmost respect, friendship, and our acknowledgement of a job well done. We wish him nothing but good luck in the future."

Team sponsors:Rockstar, Makita, Yoshimura, Dunlop, Maxima, Tag Sprockets, Pro Taper, Alpinestars, ONE Industries, Mechanix Wear, Showa, Road Champs, CP Pistons, Hinson Clutch Components, Snap-On, Teka Group Co., Twin Air, D.I.D., Excel, NGK, Works Connection

About Suzuki: The Motorcycle/ATV Division of American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC), Brea, Calif., was founded in 1963 by Suzuki Motor Corporation. ASMC markets motorcycles and ATVs via an extensive dealer network throughout 49 states. ASMC's parent company, Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), based in Hamamatsu, Japan, is a diversified worldwide manufacturer of motorcycles, ATVs, scooters, automobiles and marine engines. Founded in 1909 and incorporated in 1920, it has 120 distributors in 191 countries. www.suzukicycles.com.
About Rockstar: ROCKSTAR is the world's most powerful Energy Drink. Enhanced with the potent herbal blend of

Guarana, Ginkgo, Ginseng and Milk Thistle, ROCKSTAR is formulated to provide an incredible energy boost for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles - from athletes to rock stars. ROCKSTAR Energy Drink is available in fourteen amazing flavors: Original, Sugar Free, Zero Carb, Juiced Mango, Juiced Guava, Juiced Pomegranate, Tropical Punched, Punched Citrus, Energy Cola, Recovery Lemonade, Roasted Mocha, Roasted Latte, Roasted Light Vanilla, and Roasted Espresso. ROCKSTAR ENERGY SHOTS are available in Wild Berry and Tropical Punch flavors, and coming in 2010 - ROCKSTAR ENERGY GUM.

About Makita: Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge technology and innovation to engineer tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita innovation includes Makita LXT®, the industry’s first 18V lithium-ion cordless lineup. For more information visit makitatools.com. Follow Makita at www.facebook.com/makitatoolspage, twitter.com/makitatools and youtube.com/makitapowertools. The Makita Teal color is the trade dress of Makita Corporation and is protected under common law and registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Makita is Best in Class Engineering.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: SUZUKI THANKS ROGER DECOSTER FOR 15 YEARS OF RACING TOGETHER
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:32:13 pm »
Is he going to another team ?
I wonder if Jay Foreman is sitting by the phone :)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:02:24 pm »
there is talk of ktm

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:23 pm »
I'm hearing rumours of him managing the new KTM team in the US with some big name riders.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »
Stefun Everts is going to the States next year to run the KTM team ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 09:31:17 pm »
All on 350 sx 2 strokes.....now wouldn't that be good :o

Offline AJ

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 09:39:54 pm »
Jay is far too casual to be sitting by the phone.
AJ

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 09:41:19 pm »
And he's taking Caroli with him......should kick the seppo's butts all the way to kalamazoo...
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 11:27:14 am »
'Ol Rog might be lookin' for a ride next year as everyone else seems to makin' a come back.!!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 11:38:17 am »
Will Chad be the next ex champ to pop up running a team ?.  ;)

Rogers involvement with Suzuki seems too long and successful for him to start shagging about with the lesser brands now. I think he has retired completely to the farm.
formerly Marc.com

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:57:55 am »
I think he'll pop up runing another successfull team, possibly orange... they've dominated in Europe this year and are looking to do similar in the US. Maybe the chance to work with the most successful motocrosser of all time appealed to him.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 12:49:26 pm »
l had a call from Team Suzuki couple of nights ago, and they asked me if l was interested in managing the Suzuki Team, and l declined , l was very honored that they though highly of me to run the great Team, and to fit into the shoes of the great man and  by the way Roger is a very close mate of mine, and l wish him all the best ,we send email to each other regularly, l even asked Rog if he would be interested in my KTM 125, but he had know time, Rog told me that he has planted a row of carrots at his farm and he was spending a lot of time in the garden watching their growth and at the tracks with this young future champions wataching there growth too until the end of the season, Rog even said, he is having trouble remembering their names, its time for me to move on, so l said to my friend the great man, rog you don`t need to give any reason why you are leaving, we will remember., but l also said to the champion, make sure you use up all your sick leave, if you don`t they won`t reimburse you, Team Suzuki sucks in that way.
Well anyway back to Team Suzuki or was it Kawasaki offer, well anyway someone did offer and l proceeded  to tell them that l was heavily involved managing the new OSSA team next year. ::)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:49:51 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline Husky70

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 12:55:02 pm »
Brilliant, isn't it? Half the article is about their various crap sponsors, and they don't make any mention of Roger himself having won a championship or two for Suzuki. And people ask me why I don't enjoy modern MX???

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 12:56:08 pm »
they asked me if l was interested in managing the Suzuki Team, and l declined

It's for the best Dave, they would have been pissed when you dropped them a couple of weeks later for team Yamaha, and then team Honda, and then....

:D :D ;D ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 01:34:30 pm »
  The move to KTM   may also include Chad  Reed back with Roger  !!!