Author Topic: I bought a scanner too  (Read 7671 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: I bought a scanner too
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 12:24:17 pm »
I'll have to work out what a scnner is as I have 22 rolls of film form our trip to Europe in '87 so there should be some good sidecar shots in amongst that-other than what is is the photo album!
Pity it's not pre '85 I guess.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31:07 am »
I've now got a problem with the scanner software where every time I download some shots and then turn the scan program off, the computer won't recognise the device the next time I go to download. I then have to remove the program from my hard drive and go through the whole download from disc process again. It's getting very old, very quickly so until I work out whether the problem is me, the program or my computer (or all three of us) I'll be giving this little gizmo a miss. 

You don’t happen to have a Dell computer do you?

A few years back a friend of a friend did me a great deal on a new computer. ::)
I had noticed that he had installed a Dell XP windows system on it but didn’t think much of it.

Couldn’t get the DVD burner to work so took it back to him, he changed some settings, said it worked fine and gave it back, I plugged it back in to find it still didn’t work. Lack of confidence in him over a few other shortcuts saw me take it to a local shop where I went through the same thing, worked fine in the shop but as soon as I took it home it didn’t work again.
Was told it was probably the burner having issues with the motherboard so I ended up buying another burner only to go through the same thing again.
Finally the guy in the shop asked to reinstall windows and noticed the Dell version.
Turns out Dell computers are designed to only run Dell components.
It could be made to run the burner but as soon as it was turned off and restarted it would refuse to recognize any “foreign” components.

Just wondering if that’s why it won’t recognize your new scanner hardware all the time
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

firko

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 10:03:05 am »
You don’t happen to have a Dell computer do you?
No Geoff....my computer is a bit like my bikes, it's 'a bit of this, a bit of that' computer an IT mate put together for me about three years ago. Up until this glitch it's always accepted almost anything I've loaded. The only other problem I had was it not accepting the software for my Kodak pocket camera. By accident I found that the program for my previous Fuji pocket camera recognised the Kodak camera for some weird reason so I didn't bother looking further into the problem.

firko

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:55 am »
I managed to download a few more old transparencies before I again got the shits with having to re install the program after every operation. Not happy Jan.
Below: Pit scene at Cherabah Nats, 1996

The great Don Newell and his M11 Bultaco Metisse at Cherabah.

Broken Hill vintage veteran Robbie Tumes and his beloved KX Kwakas.

Todd Brennan on his CR250 taken at Nepean during a 'Preparing a CR250 for Dirt Track' shoot I did for ADB in 1994.

South Australian John Shwartz jumping his Cheney BSA Gold Star at the Barrabool Nats in 1995. Unbelievably, John is actually having a severe stroke as this photo is being taken. He crashed heavily, was unconcious and was rushed to hospital where the stroke was diagnosed. John had no body movement on one side and couldn't speak or smell. Eventually after a couple of years of serious rehabilitation John learned to walk and talk again and is today back farming. Unfortunately he'll never race again. John's son is David Schwartz, team mate to the late, great Andy Caldecott in the KTM rally team. He occasionally rides his dads immaculate Cheney in vintage events.

Johns beautiful BSA DBD34 Goldy/Metisse.

Ron Dinsdale aboard Paul Stackers Maico at the 02 Ravo Nats. Ron and Andy Caldecott diced in a number of classes throughout the weekend with the results being pretty even. During one particular race Ron lost the Maicos seat yet still beat Andy to the finish line in one of Vintage history's most memorable races. It was electrifying.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:45:07 am by firko »

Oldbiker

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 10:50:16 am »
great pics there Firko! just a small request...would you have any pics of an IT400F from 1979? I've bought 1 and would like to find as much info on it as possible.

firko

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 12:11:37 pm »
Nah, no IT photos...I was living overseas in 1979 and by then was taking more pictures of mountains and naked hippie chicks than dirt bikes :o.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 01:27:55 pm »
Hey Firko, its fine by me if you post pics of naked hippie chicks ;D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 05:23:58 pm »
I'm with you 370

firko

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 04:35:00 pm »
A few more scans from the early vintage days..
Early 90s Muswellbrook vintage motocross.R-L..#31 Edgar Phipps XL350/Elsinore, #34 Brian Clarkson Matchless Metisse, #56 John Peters, Maico/Honda XL420, # 105 ? CCM, #20 ? BSA B50,

Startline at Dargle, early 90s

Another Dargle startline

Edgar Phipps (Elsinore) ahead of Wayne Martin (Bultaco) Nepean, early 90s.

Mick Hockley getting the holeshot over Jens Olsen and Laurie Alderton, Condoblin, mid 90s.

Dingo Dave Dunne, stylin' it at Nepean on his XL350...mid 90s

Billy Unsworth at Condo, mid 90s.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:41:20 pm by firko »

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 06:06:01 pm »
OK,so,I've been patient.Enough of the old bikes now............where's the pics of the naked hippie chicks >:(
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:07:32 pm by Canam370 »

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:55 pm »
Laurie Alderton is racing this weekend at Cherribah.
Enduro champs , veterans class.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

firko

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 04:01:34 pm »
OK,so,I've been patient.Enough of the old bikes now............where's the pics of the naked hippie chicks
OK, how about this.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 04:35:33 pm »
OK,so,I've been patient.Enough of the old bikes now............where's the pics of the naked hippie chicks
OK, how about this.

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"  ;) ;D
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 05:08:48 pm »
I'll have to work out what a scnner is as I have 22 rolls of film form our trip to Europe in '87 so there should be some good sidecar shots in amongst that-other than what is is the photo album!
Pity it's not pre '85 I guess.

cant wait to see those
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 05:32:11 pm »
Ah Firko! A naked hippie chick on an old bike.......now you've got the idea :D I feel so happy