Author Topic: HEAVEN at Canowindra  (Read 25290 times)

montynut

Re: HEAVEN at Canowindra
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 10:13:31 pm »
Great weekend. Was not aware you had a direct line to the head track waterer ;D

The track was great and funny how challenging a Showground can become with the addition of a truck load of 20L drums ;)

Glad I missed you during Saturdays race when your chain derailed :o must of only been a coat of paint in it :D

Already booked for next year.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010, 10:21:11 pm »

My win this year is dedicated to Magoo.  As most of you know it was the Canowindra round last year that was Bruce's last race, and he didn't just ride he won the 40-49 Pre85 class, the biggest and hottest class of the day.

Damo

On ya Damo --Congrats --Picture please--What was the winning bike you where on ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 11:52:39 pm »
hey guys, dont know how to get pics on the forum so i made a new album on my profile page, there is more to come,
cheers
greg

http://ausvmx.ning.com/photo/album/show?id=4424307%3AAlbum%3A17961&xg_source=activity

if you want you can let me know what your riding number is and i will see if i have any and if yoiu give me your email i can send them straight to you
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:41:20 am by Graeme M »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2010, 07:51:17 am »
Well, that was another brilliant event. The racing Saturday arvo was superb as was the track. Watching the final in the late afternoon sun was what it's all about. Thanks to all who made it possible and the many racers who came along to out on a spectacular show.

My day was less than spectacular! An off in the first, bogged off the line in the second, RM broke in the third. With the Sunday rained out and no racing, unfortunastely I didn't really get to make the most of the on track action. But it sure was good watching. I have some short video clips I'll try to post up later in the week.

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2010, 08:24:24 am »
Excellent racing on Saturday ;D ;D  Lots of happy faces.......that young bloke on the Hodaka Super Combat rode the arse off that bike in his races.....brilliant stuff !!

Roger

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2010, 08:54:00 am »
Firstly thanks to Greg, the committee and all the helpers for making the 2nd Canowindra Cup such a memorable event. Great equaliser this track. Lets some of the less jump effecient sneek up a bit in the pack. Also good to see some of the locals turning up and joining in with Heaven. Great to see John Green back on his RM370 (up front) after his big off at Bulladelah last year.

Track design was a cracker. Several open sweepers and a good spread of tighter stuff. Still can't master those two speed humps with any sense of grace what so ever...   Water in the plastic drums keep a few more honest this time around. Ask Johnny Zarro, he face planted into one when he stepped off Seano Hardmans YZ250D. Stars and Birdies he reckoned.

The only injury I was aware of was young Reece (#79) who came up from juniors last year. Does anyone have an update on his hip?

Once again thanks

Pete

KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:32 am »
Reece spent the night in Orange Hospital,
But is OK bruised hip and mild concussion,
was back on Sunday morning and wanting to ride but dad packed him up and took him home,
cheers
Noel

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »
yep,reece & nev turned up about 11ish at turtells campfire swaree,reece promptly crashed out in a deckchair (think it was all the drugs/painkillers),to think i (sorta) behaved myself in readiness for sundays racing only to awaken to precipitation,(nice one greg?),racing was canned,done the tourist,age of fishes museum was pretty interesting,360 million year old road fill,who'd athought??,(their council wanted the road back ???),big thanks to greg & the locals,the heaven gang,another good vibe race day,another big thanks to Dennis for letting me sample the Kato 125 experience,(can't believe how extra suspension travel can make such a difference ::)),not so sure about keeping us all up til early sat morning but,(Dennis's prerace strategy 8)),geezas was i glad to relinquish my trophy,(oldest rider present),dobbed KB in quicksmart ;D,on that note,think we will need a over 60's age group next year  ;D,grass tracks had it for some time now!,(super seniors ;)),see ya's all at glenbawn, :P
(if i still have a roadlicence,fugging cameras smashed me bigtime ::))
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:14 pm »
Pretty fuzzy, hard to see video of the Canowindra Cup itself

http://ausvmx.ning.com/video/canowindra-cup-2010

Offline nifty

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2010, 07:54:28 am »
Well done Greg another good one! Was having a thorough good time falling off and smacking them water bottles until Reece decided to call it a day. He's still pretty sore, gave the ambo's and the hospital staff some comical relief after sucking one of those green whistles dry!
Both Reece and I would like to thank everyone who rounded up our gear and stranded bikes on Saturday, in particular Noel, Dan, Shane and family. thanks to Dave again, what would we do without our own personal medic! Congrats to Damo for 2 in a row, bring on next year!

Nifty

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:23 am »
Walk in the park, looked like a big supermoto track on the grass !!!, just like being at home eh Damo... ;)

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2010, 10:05:12 am »
Thanks Nev and Darren

It would have been awesome on a big 4 stroke could have backed it in big time :D

Looking forward to next year.

Damo

Evil Rudy

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »
What happened with the big vote? No email sent out either way... did the independants get their NBN, the greens a carbon tax?

Enquiring minds what to know.

Rudy

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2010, 09:07:16 pm »
No big vote, we all agree to agree and remain one big happy family, and on another note, where were you :)
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Evil Rudy

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 11:12:39 pm »
What sort of answer is that? WTF...

Riddle me this turtle - what do you do when flipped on to your back? Pretend it wasn't a big thing, thats cool, some birds still burry their head, but what way did the vote go?

Me - two torn tendons in my left forearm (insert poor taste joke here). I can barely lift a single malt to my lips. No solution, no surgurey, no physio, only cure is inactivity - which I am following Dr.s order perfectly.

Cuddles,
Rudy