Author Topic: HEAVEN at Canowindra  (Read 25291 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
HEAVEN at Canowindra
« on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:38 pm »
OK, I know that the Canberra round hasn't happened yet, but I reckon it's time to start pushing the Canowindra weekend. I went to the inaugural Canowindra event last year and it was a blast. I haven't heard anything about this year's event, but if it's even half as goods as the one last year it'll be a pearler. Located at the local showgrounds, it's well catered, got great facilities, is ably supported by the town, and just sheer good fun.

It's down for the weekend of October 2/3 so it's not that far off now. If you live within travelling distance, you GOTTA do this one. Just to whet the appetite, here's some photos from 2009 (thanks Greg)

More here:
http://s750.photobucket.com/albums/xx150/xl59/?start=0

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVEN at Canowindra
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »
I heard theres a loop incorporating the Golf Course next door 8) All new for 2010, dont know how Gregs pulled that one off but when you are the Lord mayor of Canowindra,
Nah just joking, would be pretty cool though ::)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:23:20 pm by Turtle.Inc »
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:40:27 pm »
This was a real stand-out event last year, and this year is only going to be better.

I'm not 100% sure that I'll make it - but rest assured that if I don't, its for a damn good reason!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:06:25 am »
To quote the obvious this is a ball tearer (theres a blast from the past) won't be riding this year (pretty pissed off) but planning to be up there to enjoy the vibe.
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:45:20 am »
nato,i'll give ya $5 towards petrol if you turn up ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 07:16:06 pm »
hey guys and girls,
anyone who has any sugestions of any changes for this year canowindra event please let me know. willing to take anything on board and see what can be done. the only thing i ask is that there is no rubbish talk on this thread as there is on others.
the even will be taking place at the same venue Canowindra Showground and unfortunatly does not include a loop around the golf course.  ;D
as there was last year, there will be a great meal available on the saturday night so make sure when it comes time to enter, place your orders. there also will be the canteen running on both days with drinks, snacks and probably a snag sanga.
the rounds will be the same as last year with canowindra cup events on the saturday and heaven rounds on the sunday. we are going to try and start a little earlier on saurday so we can fit more rounds in. i will be in touch with the commitee to confirm details and will let everyone know asap.
as for accomodation, you are again more than welcome to camp on the grounds, but if you would like to stay in a hotel or motel, plan your stay very soon. accomodation is rare around this time of year. will post some numbers of accomodation shortly.
p.s. the local rspca have warned that there may be some chance of a turtle or two crossing the track this year again. so please keep an eye out......
see you all at canberra.

cheers greg

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:27:45 am »
hey guys and girls,
anyone who has any sugestions of any changes for this year canowindra event please let me know. willing to take anything on board and see what can be done.

Hey Greg how about adding a Pre '90 class  ;D ;D ;D ;D (I say, that's a joke son)

Seriously though this event last year was a ripper and I reckon you don't need to change a thing.

It should be remembered that Canowindra was the last race meeting that we got to see our mate Magoo in action. And he was on fire winning almost everything he entered.

Maybe it would be good for the club to do something for Ann and the kids as well as Bruce's memory.

Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:11:23 pm by Sugar »

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20:43 pm »
was this meeting the last heaven meeting that magoo rode in? if so i know it`s very short notice but how about the heaven club put a flyer together and hand it out at the penrith/heaven charity weekend.i think you may flush out some of bruce`s mates. 

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:27 pm »
micks, that sounds like a great idea. unfortunately i wont be able to make it but i know a bloke around here that is going, i will pull one together and send it down there.
greg

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:30 pm »
sugar, we have an idea about doing sumthing for magoo and his family, have to speak to the commitee and run it past them first before i say anything. i will let you know what the outcome is.
greg

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:07:34 am »
Sounds good Greg. If there is anything I can do down here to help you out please let me know.

Cheers
Shaun

dirtrumpy

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 12:15:20 pm »
Magoo first over the line last year at Canowindra!

Mike #278

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 10:07:45 pm »
Hey oldstuff ,make sure you bring your gear to canowindra.Sure i can find you a bike to ride,CHEERS GREG

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 08:24:53 am »
Hi

Just a reminder, this meeting is only 3 weeks after Canberra which is only just over one week away. The time will fly and the event will be here.  Are you camping or booking accomodation?
rgds
Carl

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:05 pm »
Hey guys and girls.As CARL said get your entries in for canberra and canowindra.Dont forget thier will be a presentation and meal at canowindra and maybe entertainment.(not you on P.A either turtle) Ordered Trophies today all looking good so far come and help make these last couple of rounds big ones, CHEERS GREG.