Author Topic: Life as a renter  (Read 4085 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Life as a renter
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:08 pm »
G'day viewers  my family and I have just been told to move on as we only rent we have been in the same house for 12 years  :'( thats 12 years of crap I've stashed just incase it comes in handy one day. I know sh#t happens but its a pain in the ass  ::) I started pulling down the shed out the back I hope the new place has space or I'm stuffed as the wife dose'nt see my bikes as important. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Life as a renter
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:39 am »
sell some bikes and parts and buy a house,get out of the dead money cycle

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:39 am »
That's gotta suck...  :(

There's room up here if you need somewhere to stash stuff.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:44:45 am »
That's a bit harsh Matt. Everybody's circumstances are different and it's never as easy as just selling a few toys to buy a house. You'd also be assuming that Jimson has enough valuable bikes and parts make enough money for a deposit. He's have to have a lot of desirable stuff to be able to raise enough for a deposit these days.
Having been through Jimsons situation in the past I fully understand the stress involved and sympathise with his and his families plight.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 10:16:14 am »
Nice one Firko, kind, understanding and empathy for the man in his situation.  Will that make you first on his list for anything special in the shed.  All in jest!!lol  Good luck with your plight Jimson, never a good time, but it will be a fresh start
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

firko

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:32:09 am »
Will that make you first on his list for anything special in the shed.  All in jest!!lol
Ironically Tossa, I've got some stuff in my shed just waiting for Jimson to pick it up ;). I've never met Jimson but like his low buck perspective on the sport. We should be supporting a comrade that's fallen on tough times rather than offering empty advice that he most probably can't use right now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:42:37 am by firko »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:47:29 am »

Statistically Jimson is not alone, easy credit has put home ownership out of reach of whole coming generation .... or else placed them vastly in debt, I think society will pay a price for this bubble.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 10:52:24 am »
As I said Firko, all in jest, can understand what he's going through after over 20yrs in the army and everytime we got settled we had to move on, I know it's a different circumstance, and after12yrs of collecting things, having to uproot is not a good time
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

TT

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:27 am »
Those of us that bought homes before the market went ballistic can count ourselves as very lucky, I reckon. I worry how my son will go getting his own place. (Before I die that is...  ;) )
Good luck with it all Jimson. Sorry I can't be of any help to you.  :-\

Don't suppose there's someone in the area with some free shed space to at least ensure that his 'collection' is safe?
I know, it sounds silly asking a bunch of blokes with old bikes if they've got shed space free, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 11:33:24 am »
Jimson sorry to read that you have to uproot and go some other place.Not good and a pain in the butt.. :(
Tell the new landlord ya need a shed for your business purposes. ;D
We moved 10 years ago with a semi and six 6x4 trailer loads and a yz250a/b (not sure which) in a box which we sold for a few pennies  :'(  :'( 
If I only knew what I know now.
best wish's Jimson  ;D
cheers

Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 11:47:36 am »
Some maybe's.
*Maybe there's someone here with a big truck to help Jimson move.
*Maybe a group of "labourers" can be organised from here to make the job a bit easier.
*Maybe some of us could offer storage facilities as Nathan already has.
*Maybe someone here has a rental property to offer. 

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 12:48:00 pm »
Some maybe's.
*Maybe there's someone here with a big truck to help Jimson move.
*Maybe a group of "labourers" can be organised from here to make the job a bit easier.
*Maybe some of us could offer storage facilities as Nathan already has.
*Maybe someone here has a rental property to offer. 

yep , wheres up there? Qld ?

firko

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 12:51:49 pm »
yep , wheres up there? Qld ?
South Coast NSW I think Moto

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 12:59:38 pm »
South Coast NSW I think Moto

Yes. Nowra/Shoalhaven area.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

TM BILL

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 01:39:52 pm »
Best of luck Jimson , mate i feel for you its a bastard when you gotta move  :(

Old mates helpfull comments on buying a house dont always stack up . Iv'e done both a number of times in the last 30 yrs or so.

To my mind theres no particular gain in buying a property over renting  ??? Security they say (yeah until you get a compulsary purchase

order against you) natural disaster (watch the insurance company wriggle out of that one ) but the bank will still want paying  8)

Capital gains ( you cant take it with you  ::) )

rates, repairs and maintence, shit neighbours move in , dealing with real estate parasites  >:(

Jimson mate its a bloody shame you gotta leave your family home , but every cloud has a silver lining and im sur some good will come of it Bill  :)