Author Topic: freaky was looking for one of these  (Read 3854 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: freaky was looking for one of these
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:57:40 pm »
yes looked at that one but they would be too $$ to ship over, also suss out the one with the socket rod that hand cranks of the clutch.

im thinking of modding a local go kart one if i find one at the right price :OP
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

YSS

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:15:15 pm »
freaky is looking for something cheaper than that . Or probably cheaper than that again.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:19:18 pm by YSS »

All Things 414

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:27:48 pm »
How 'bout a big hill. Girlfriend. Pay some kid. Thing on the side of the motor that flops out and sometimes tries to bite you......

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 02:09:58 pm »
Damn- that is high $-it is obvious that it has two Ford starter motors, with the weight that shipping would be horrible. What is good is that we can see how to fab one up-and I think for singles it could be much less...stout-maybe smaller motors-lighter frame etc. The expense would be in the rollers, and the fab if you can't fab it yourself.

I bet that thing weighs about 150lbs(what is that in kgs?).
Life is suddenly very Monaro

firko

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 02:16:16 pm »
Maybe I've missed the bloody obvious here but what's wrong with the kick starter? What kind of monster vintage dirt bike would neeed a roller starter? My mate Edgar starts his ESO Metisse by spinning the back wheel by hand! If I read your posts right Freak you've only got two stroke singles, mostly 250s so you should be able to kick 'em over with your dick.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 02:38:22 pm »
I bet that thing weighs about 150lbs(what is that in kgs?).

To forkin' heavy to take to a track
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 02:49:37 pm »
i suppose if you cant kick one off those little two smokers  over then you wouldnt be strong enough to carry that thing any way  un less you get the mrs 2 do it  for ya
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 03:12:03 pm »
Damn, you guys are brutal ;D ;D........

If I can't kick it over it won't start-don;t know how many bikes I have started with "fouled a plug"," loaded up", etc... kicked over some bolt together Husky for a man who looked like he was at least forty when it was made-he wouldn't tickle the Bing-held it down while he was trying to push me away and kicked over in one-with fuel drooling on the cases. He kept asking me how I did it-whether i help throttle open or not and all. I wonder how long he owned that bike without being able to start it..LOL find a Maico rider-he can kick over any bike ;D

I think Freaky needs this for his flattrackker bikes. On a piston port engine it is common to cut away some of the piston skirt to gain revs on a tracker-runs like a bat...but maybe not enough vacuum to suck fuel in at slow( with the kicker) cranking speeds. Have a friend with an AW250 Flattrackker(no shit)- almost can not kick when cold-bump starts nice though.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

firko

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 03:49:26 pm »
James....I had a Champion framed XL350 with 13:1 compression on alky and and SC500 Yamaha Champion that both started within a couple of feet on the push start or second or third kick with the kicker. I also raced a methanol burning piston port DT1 with pretty rad ports and it started as easy as shit. Methinks Freaky just wants a gizmo to play with.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 04:12:49 pm »
well then i have to be honest i had a bit of trouble last sat with a 490 maico   I TICKLE  I KICK I TICKLE I KICK KICK I TICKLE MORE I KICK  I  SWEAR I TICKLE AND TICKLE  I KICK I SAY FARK THIS ITS TO HOT 
I SIT  I DRINK CAN  I  TICKLE I KICK  I forkEN TAKE THE SEAT OFF I  SPRAY START YOU BASTARD DOWN THE CARB  AND I FARCKEN  KICK  IT STARTS   SO YEAH MIGHT GET ONE OFF THOSE GIZMO FOR THE GARAGE

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 05:04:51 pm »
Paul, i have trouble firing the 500 up when its cold all last season till recently, takes a lot of kicks. i found that pulling the plug out and spraying "Start ya Bastard" down the plug hole (or even a bit of fuel will do) it then fires in 2 kicks.

after that its first or second kick every time. i think the problem is getting an initial charge into the pot to get them to fire, try it and let me know how ya go.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 05:09:34 pm »
hoony  im thinking of a start you   BASTARD  TUBE STRAIGHT THROUGHT THE AIR BOX   THROUGH THE AIR FILTER AND JUST CONECT THE CAN AND SPRAY  FROM THE OUT SIDE 

All Things 414

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 05:22:06 pm »
414: Fuel on, choke on, 4 slow kicks, tie right arm behind back, first or second kick....... IGNITION! Hot or cold weather  8)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 05:38:19 pm »
be probably good if i had a   choke