Author Topic: My 78 Maico project.  (Read 18183 times)

All Things 414

Re: My 78 Maico project.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 06:05:03 pm »
Thanks for your concern re my hard earned Scott. Each to their own.... ::)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:29 pm »
Have you dickheads even realised that the new guy who started this thread is long gone. and why wouldn't they be. You have turned a perfectly legit question into your own personal syber shit fight A,forkin,gain.
Piss off with your personal vendetta's and let the guy share his ride resto. >:( >:(

DR

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 10:39:33 pm »
err ;D Roostin440 is actually over in the Suzuki camp getting some real feedback on real bikes ::)..just quietly I reckon he just needs to swindle a ride on his mates RM when it's a goer and he'll instantly see the big picture :-X  ;D

Roostin440

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 12:49:27 am »
Well, not to go off on a tangent, thank you guys for the help. I guess I'll decide on the shocks once the bike is done and I here it run. The motor looks ok inside but you never know. My friend got screwed on a RM deal so I'll help him put his bike together and track down the right parts. It will give me something to do while I wait for the rest of my parts to show up.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 08:22:52 am »
Well said Evo.
Good to see that Rosstin hasn't been scared off completely, (only scared off to Suzuki's) ;D

As for the tank mount question, the frames had different mounting brackets for alloy or plastic tanks and I think the era of 78 / 79 is when they changed tanks?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

shoey

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 10:29:09 am »

Great product , reasonably priced with great customer service and back-up. A little more difficult to adjust , but having said that a great and well supported product.

But as Ross said , each to his own.

Or as Shoey say's , stick to a product that you have confidence in , same as each to his own.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:34:00 am by shoey »

shoey

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:25 am »
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/ee61/Finished430CRHusky.jpg[/IMG]

Some recent Ohlins applications

shoey

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 11:51:36 am »

Some of our restorations featuring restored ohlins products.

Ohlins like most products are rebuildable (providng they have not been overly abused).

Generally the cost for restaoration is far far better than buying new

Most parts for Ohlins are still available.

Ohlins are a Long term producer and product supporter of a great range of products. (Cars and Bikes)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:03:24 pm by shoey »

shoey

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 11:53:53 am »
Hey paul

Diane suggested that i keep it and i think it was wise advice. I had a peak at the beast in the shed last nite. Sure is nice.

cheers

Shoey

(I should get rid of that advert.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:51:44 pm by shoey »

shoey

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 12:08:09 pm »
If that picture post that you so conveniently removed , is directed at "The Ohlins" products described.

Well the Ohlins shocks described and shown have been faultless D""" head.

Your continual posting's and disparaging comments on this web site under different pseudonyms is uncalled for and for that reason , i have sent a request to the team operating this site stating that concern.

This site is for genuinely funny comments , sharing of genuine information and normal discourse, "my opinion only" if you dont have that in you , keep it to your self.

Your a real clown fella. But not the funny type

"And yes you removed your posts". Typical of your behaviour and your operating proceedure

Shoey
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:04:35 pm by shoey »

shoey

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 12:15:45 pm »
Now

Back to the examples shown.

As we are all aware ,there are many products on the market and each to there own and everybodies entitled to an opinion.

But Ohlins are a product that has been around , practically forever and proven time and time again .

Great customer service and back-up as is the case with most brands.

Shoey

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 12:27:41 pm »
shoey good thinking ,it a nice maico

shoey

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2010, 12:30:40 pm »
Thanks Paul

Roostin440

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 01:50:19 am »
I bought a bunch of polished stainless flange bolts for the project. Very expensive and it turns out they are pretty, but absolute crap. They will barley stick to a magnet and the heads will strip with ease. I dont normally bash anything in public but stay away from Pro Bolt. I did find a local store with a very good selection of stainless bolts, flanged, hex, socket, tapered ect.. Looks like I'll have Maico Only build me a set of Ohlins shocks for the bike.

TooFastTim

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »
They will barley stick to a magnet

SS is non-ferous. That's why it's used for (particle) beam lines