Author Topic: Conondale Classic  (Read 9295 times)

Offline retrowrex

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Conondale Classic
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 06:52:49 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V98cV_NoqAA

Sunday 125 race. Had a rapidily deflating rear tyre, flat by second corner, otherwise I would have grabbed 8thish place instead of 9thish!

retro
Apparently you can only ride one bike at a time, and hence you should only have one bike.  :(

Offline Toolboy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 07:49:20 AM »
Retro, Thats a good quality clip, only the sound of the bike isnt as loud as i thought it would be.
What type of camera is it??

Good to review your lines when racing  8)

Tim
82 RM250Z
79 RM400N
76 RM370A
74 TM400L
05 M50 Boulevard
1986 RM80G
1974 RV125
1994 DS80
2005 JR50

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V98cV_NoqAA
Sunday 125 race. Had a rapidily deflating rear tyre, flat by second corner, otherwise I would have grabbed 8thish place instead of 9thish!
retro

awesome stuff I was cheering for ya..and you got him at the 5 minute mark(then downloads slowed  :(;D  :o  :P  excellent stuff for someone who has returned to the fold..well done ya pro and you cornering is very good-you hold ya lines well  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »
Great vid! Wish I was there...Definately will be next year!

Offline retrowrex

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
Video was recorded on a Oregon Scientific ATC2K which I purchased from Aldi about a year ago for $150.  Probably cheaper on Ebay now as there are heaps more betterer models. Just fun to watch.  Seems much slower than it was on the day though. 

Some times you can even hear me muttering and cursing as it is mounted to the mouth guard of the helmet and gives a really good view.

That is my freakish little YZ125J.  Not a giant killer but soooo much fun to ride and just keeps coming back for more.

Retro
Apparently you can only ride one bike at a time, and hence you should only have one bike.  :(

Offline Mutch

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
A BIG THANKYOU TO MY BIG BROTHER STEWART FOR SUPPLYING ME 2 EXCELLENT BIKES TO RIDE.
I MAY HAVE MISSED THE CD7 BUT THIS WAS JUST AS MUCH FUN WITH PLENTY OF GOOD RIDING BY ALL.
WE WILL BE CERTAINLY MAKING THE TRIP BACK OVER THE DITCH NEXT YEAR.

CHEERS MUTCH,OLDFARTS BRO
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:45:13 AM by Mutch »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
Good for you Mutch for makin it across the ditch.. 8)
Same old dirt,Same old bike,Same old fun!!
How is 090 face--did he get a new one ??
cheers west side
Best is in the West !!

TM BILL

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »
Another great QVMX event  ;D A  huge thankyou to all who made it possible for me to ride this great event again  :)
Track was awesome and the format flowed well.

Its not just a Race meeting its a great social event , with lots of bike sharing and laughs.

Big thankyou to John the Buzzard for getting me to the event  :D

To John (Davey crocket )Tate and Brad (090) Van Barrello for the loan of the bikes and everything you blokes do to make it possible for me to come and ride my favorite track  :)

To my main man Harry (H) Tate  :) tell your old man to get you organised to ride over here at easter. Iv'e got an RM 125B  with your name on it  ;)

If you get the chance to ride this event then do it  :) this was my 2nd Connondale classic  and i hope i can get back next year  :)