Author Topic: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?  (Read 51145 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2010, 04:05:48 pm »
Don't hate It ...just annouys me... :(
riders that dont read the controlling body rules or GCR's before buying a bike and there is no class for the new 4/5k bike  :'(
cheers

OK was it you or steve that bought this one ???
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2010, 07:43:39 pm »
What's the bike?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:23 pm »
I can't talk sensibly about the mechanical differences between the 84 & 85 CR250s, but they are cosmetically different - the 85 was the first year of the angled shrouds that ran through to 87 (and 88 on the 125s).

Funny that you bought it as an old bike, but apparently its no good for "classic" MX...  ;)

PS: www.retrodirtbike.com
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2010, 09:20:57 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna have to do the chrismissey thing and do you a favor....I'll take it off your hands for a grand....I no, I no it's too generous  of an offer but what are friends for?....merry christmas.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2010, 10:32:38 pm »
You could always sell it in tas as we run pre 86
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2010, 11:13:25 pm »
Or NZ
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2010, 10:12:19 pm »
Pride and Joy but if the right cash is offered will think of selling

Why would you put it on e-bay if you don't want to sell it!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-XP-Futura-1966-Full-Custom-XM-XL-XK-GT-Hotrod-FANS-/270673018660?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3f055e7f24
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2010, 10:57:15 pm »
Con Artists
I have had a few of these over the years,
They never actually say what they want becuase they haven't got a clue what I make but I'm sure if I told them it wouild be exactly what they want.

Anyway, not much point trying to deal with them even if they were legit.
Not sure if the guy realises, but North & South are about to blow each other off the planet :o

Hello Sales,

I am Clarence , I will like to order some of your products and I will want it shipped to our place as follows :

Shipping Address:
PECKTINS INVESTMENT INC
60-1 Panpo-Dong Seocho-Gu
Seoul 137 700
Republic of Korea (South)

So i hope to hear from you soon regarding my inquiry and to know where i can view your products you have presently in stock and if there is any special pricing i need to know about. Lastly regarding payment i will be sending you my USA Valid credit card to charge for my order to avoid delays but can you let me know the type of credit cards you accept?Can you work hand in hand with my client freight personal agent? so they can Pickup the products directly from your location down to my client address in SOUTH KOREA

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Regards.

Clarence Adler .
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2010, 11:20:17 pm »
Postage costs to the US

New charges to the states now...

Articles over 453g and all ECI and EPI services will be subject to an additional $9 security surcharge and may face transit delays of up to 48 hours.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2010, 11:47:28 pm »
Con Artists
Hello Sales,
I am Clarence , I will like to order some of your products and I will want it shipped to our place as follows :
I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Regards.
Clarence Adler .

Clarence ?
Gotta be for real.
Con artists pick names like Kevin or Anna or Wayne.
 :) :) :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:04 pm »
87/88 YZ125s advertised on Ebay as 89 models. There are THREE like that right now.

This is what an '89 looks like:
http://bikepics.com/pictures/1511334/
(although this is the wrong front guard).

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2010, 08:34:44 am »
  Tailgating arse holes.

Not always the case.

The wonderful pr#$cks who seem to not be able to drive their vehicle at a reasonable speed UNTIL you attempt to overtake them. Then as soon as you move out next to them its suddenly up to 100+ something and a bloody drag race! Then if you dont get past them its back to a crawl again. What gives with these F'ers?
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

firko

« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:49 am »
Tailgating arse holes.
I had a win against one of these idiots on Friday afternoon.
On the Hume Highway between Goulburn and Marulan with my 91 year old mum in the passenger seat I was sitting in the fast lane doing 115kph, 5k over the posted limit while passing a string of traffic that was doing around 100kph. The next thing I know I've got a Suburu Forrester right up my arse flashing his lights and giving me the "get out of my way" finger. Not being able to move to the slow lane because of traffic, I stayed put, still sitting on 115kph, occasionally hitting my brake pedal to get him off my arse. The Suburu bloke kept up his antics and added a bit of horn blowing to the mix which was freaking out my frail old mum no end, but with it being the police laden Hume Highway I wasn't prepared to go any faster as I was already 5k over the limit.

Eventually a gap appeared and I moved into the left lane and let Mr Suburu past. As he drove past he and his passenger screamed obcenities at me then kicked it back a gear, did that dumb pop off valve turbo thing and zoomed off into the distance at at least 150kph(at this stage I could now see that the Forrester was a turbo version fitted with low profile 20's lowered and one of those big fat exhausts the kiddies love). With him gone I settled back into enjoying my drive when about 20km further down the Hwy at Suttons Forrest I came accross a blue police XR8 with lights flashing after pulling Mr Suburu over. I couldn't resist blowing my horn as I went past, my smile lasted all the way home. It was a  moral victory for us law abiding old farts.

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2010, 10:47:25 am »

I know its not  VMX but.....

I HATE it when you give someone a Z900 head for rebuild, they DONT adjust the valve stem heights to specs correctly,which you find out after fitting the head and cams and attempt to adjust the valve clearances finding NOT ENOUGH CLEARANCE, then they take their time about rectifying the situation AND that is after you pull the cams and the head again!

Why arent these things done right first time???  I spose you got to feel for the machinist, they cop it every day, a mistake is likely to happen EVERY DAY.

Kt

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »
When i read an add That says "Never been raced". This really has nothing to do with anything. It really could go either way weather  its been raced or not. There are race bikes that are well sorted and there are shit boxes also. I think i would rather buy an ex race bike...
Cheers Grumpy OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...