Author Topic: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?  (Read 51148 times)

SAABCOMBI

Re: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 09:06:27 pm »
Well l am sick of relisting the bloody things all the time, so this time l started the auction at 99 cent, go for it No reserve. you wait people will bid fast for the first 24 hours and then stop and try and get it cheap, Knowing the bloody bike owes me $4700. so should l lose money.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:18 pm »
Dave don't let it worry you everyone wants something for nothing these days you couldn't build your bike for that.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:43 pm »
I cant stand these tossers that are bringing bikes in from USA and expect people to pay for the bikes in full before they even are in Australia. By the way i do not have any issues with someone importing old VMXers- even if they make a well deserved profit...
OLDYZ!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:46:46 pm by oldyzman »
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 09:31:10 pm »
Yes oldyzman, l am a  bit sceptical about that too. Hey frosty are you going to Harrow vinduro in three weeks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:33:05 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:50 pm »
I hope to be Dave not sure though. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »
Ebay gets you market value, (whatever that might be) on the week/day/minute in question. If you don't like it, then don't play the Ebay game.

I am on a non-bike forum where I advertise every-relevant-thing before hitting Ebay. Without fail, the forums gets me a lot of ball-ache and no sale, while Ebay gets me more than my forum asking price.... I really don't know why I bother.

Ozvmx isn't perfect, but its a lot better than most!

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 10:34:56 pm »
I understand the "reserve" & "starting price" option on e-bay, its the dumbshits that highlight, caption & bold there own typed text saying that it is a no reserve auction, yet they list a starting price.

I always have a starting price and put No Reserve on my Ebay auctions so that bidders know that when they make a bid at the starting price the bike is genuinely for sale. I do this this because I find it annoying when I make a bid on items and then the "reserve not met" springs up. I thought i was making my auctions more honest and open by doing this......

In the end starting price and reserve have nothing to do with each other, "no Reserve" doesn't mean its a zero dollar start. I've seen this applied at Real Estate auctions and at car auction houses as well, its not just an Ebay thing

Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 05:47:41 am »
I understand the "reserve" & "starting price" option on e-bay, its the dumbshits that highlight, caption & bold there own typed text saying that it is a no reserve auction, yet they list a starting price.

I always have a starting price and put No Reserve on my Ebay auctions so that bidders know that when they make a bid at the starting price the bike is genuinely for sale. I do this this because I find it annoying when I make a bid on items and then the "reserve not met" springs up. I thought i was making my auctions more honest and open by doing this......

In the end starting price and reserve have nothing to do with each other, "no Reserve" doesn't mean its a zero dollar start. I've seen this applied at Real Estate auctions and at car auction houses as well, its not just an Ebay thing

I can't agree with you there. If you have a starting price that is approximately market value and then say its a no reserve auction, well that's a crock.
A no reserve auction agreed doesn't have to be a one cent auction (although that is being in the spirit of one), if you start a bike on 2k when it's obviously a 10k bike, that is still a no reserve auction in my eyes as you run the risk of selling for bugger all. The practices of real estate agents and car salesmen are never good examples!
AND To all those out there that put 'bike sold, don't bid', go into your ebay and end the bloody listing!

All Things 414

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 06:47:49 am »
Dolphins.

mainline

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 06:59:10 am »
Dolphins.

I dunno, they're useful for making up the numbers if you can't catch enough Tuna

All Things 414

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 07:05:09 am »
People get all shirty if you have a stuffed one in your lounge these days. I dunno.... ???

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 08:21:59 am »
Goddamn rainbows! You're sitting there, minding your own business, when a raindow sneaks up and....

[Not expecting many people to get this one]
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 08:51:37 am »
I hate it when that song you really hate with a passion gets played for what it seems all day on the radio. What I hate even more is when I find myself singing along to that song I really hate.
K

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:57 am »
Hi,
   Tools,
    the Forum members who still think a YZ360B (on Ebay) is only worth $1500, mind you, they are usually the "Bar stool" experts  who think you can build a Rickman Metisse for $5000.
cheers

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:27 am »
….. people that hang onto every word (like my wife does with my words :D)
What they are really trying to say is that there is no hidden reserve, but haven’t chosen their words wisely.
Its wording I use myself at times and I refuse to believe that I am deceiving anyone. Its all there in black and white, don’t like the price, simply move on.

There are many things in life worth getting wound up about, (like annoying songs you can’t get out of your head ;D) this isn’t one of them.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/