Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7  (Read 35032 times)

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt 7
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2010, 11:26:26 pm »
 Great shots DJ, good to see you again, thanks for the tips on photography, need more practice though, I deleted more than I took :D ;D the guy on the yz465 is Brian Fox or Tony.

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2010, 02:52:08 pm »
My photo of  a black twin pipe Metisse with a guy wearing black Metisse pants didn't turn out too good, anyone got a pic or know of the bike ??
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2010, 04:09:20 pm »
That'd be Mike Wellers Metisse.......Dirtrumpy here on the forum.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2010, 04:27:18 pm »
That'd be Mike Wellers Metisse.......Dirtrumpy here on the forum.

cheers 5 minutes on a search & read of Dirtrumpy and its all there,
nothing secret here  ;)  ;D

$12K, which is a fair estimate of the cost to build my Pat French Framed Triumph 650 unit Metisse, is by no meas a budget bike.
The first 4 years of its life saw it fully registered and used as everyday transport with weekends spent off in the dirt heading west with overnight trips staying in remote bush pubs, and what a blast it was.
Last year I plonked it on the start line at Clarence with the Heaven boys, and what an even bigger blast that was.
Next month the bike will, for the first time, be used on the Nepean dirt track.
When Im too old to ride it round a track, back on the road it goes on full registration.

Best is in the West !!

« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02:08 pm »

Klub Kevlar and Mainline

Hmmm. Assuming the position for payment for a ride on a metisse ?

ted

« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:12 pm »
Either that or KK are just about to Knight him

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2010, 08:42:33 pm »
Had my first day back at work  :( and it was windy, cold and not a bike in sight.

Thanks again VMX team, at least I have the memories of a fantastic weekend, where ever you decide to have it next year count me in.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:19 pm »
A couple of forum members that rode Dirtrumpy`s Metisse had early showers, crack around the fuel tank filler cap!  Av gassed testicles ouch :-X
Couple of CR`s

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »
"Thread hijack warning"
BMXer and repaints all his stuff-retro as well. he was surprised that we don't have to wear full faces as they do in his sport-no Jofa allowed.
 colour to match the peak should look almost retro

RETRO RETRO

Washougal Lucas Oil AMA MX National to go Retro
For three decades, the Pacific Northwest has been a staple of American motocross and to celebrate the 30 years of hosting an AMA-sanctioned outdoor national, Washougal Motocross Park and MX Sports Pro Racing will stage the inaugural retro-themed event at the famed Southern Washington track.
As the original action sport, motocross has become one of the fastest growing forms of motorsport in the country and for nearly 40 years, American motocross has been the stage for epic races and even greater memories. Throughout that weekend, vintage will be the name of the game at Washougal when the Lucas Oils AMA Motocross Championship hits town.
Teams and riders will be in the retro spirit with vintage plastics adorning the motorcycles and "old-school" gear featuring the colors and patterns of decades past.
"There isn't a better way to celebrate 30 years of Washougal Motocross than to host a retro national," said Washougal Motocross Park's Brian Barnes. "This race has such a strong history that the opportunity for the stars and teams of today to pay homage to the legends of the past was simply too good to pass up."

Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2010, 09:51:23 am »
It will be interesting to see if there is a renaisance of the older colours and kit after this event just as there is with girly fashion which seems to go round and round in ever smaller circles, just to get the missus/daughter to buy the "latest fash" .
I fear the come back of the pastle colours from when we in Europe though.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »
I was looking though some threads for a particular photo and I thought how cool if CD8 is as good as this was.  Can't wait ;D   
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies