Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7  (Read 35029 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt 7
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:41 am »
Exactly my point GD66 ( no disrespect to Joel of course? ) Jerry

DR

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2010, 01:26:54 pm »
I concur, the new riding gear looks out of place on the older bikes. Fortunately I kept all my old stuff, boots, leathers, jerseys etc and the best part, it all still fits! ;D the jersey (doc original), gloves and helmet are relatively new but still keeping with in the theme of things ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2010, 01:35:08 pm »
I got on to some plain race jerseys but they only come in red/black arms, white/blue-black arms or a grey/black arms.
They are very good to ride in though and soak up the sweat well and can be screen printed as we have done.
As for helmets, the best I could think of was those helmet covers the youngsters had a few years back, similar to what speedway riders use to show which team they're on, however the supplier only had a few left and they were too abstract as well. 
I would just buy a plain helmet but the only one available was a Shoei for over a grand!!

firko

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2010, 01:45:43 pm »
I'm about to shoot a couple of coats of plain silver basecoat topped by clear pearl  on one of my flashy helmets, an MR2. I just can't look at the hideous graphics any longer. I don't mind the graphics on my Bell Moto7 so I'll keep that for days when too much colour ain't enough.
As far as nylons...I have a pair of Metro Maico nylons with a huge selection of Maico and Wheelsmith Jerseys. For the other bikes, I bought a pair of plain black Italian nylons and have a very cool London Harlequins Rugby Jersey awaiting my body repairs which should hopefully allow me to cut a few laps. My Fox modern gear will go nowhere near my vintage bikes.

mx250

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:28 pm »
I concur, the new riding gear looks out of place on the older bikes. Fortunately I kept all my old stuff, boots, leathers, jerseys etc and the best part, it all still fits! ;D the jersey (doc original), gloves and helmet are relatively new but still keeping with in the theme of things ;)

I agree 100% Doc - particularly true at a non-race exhibition rides such as the CD's.

Take a bow Doc, great shot, great clobber 8).

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2010, 02:08:58 pm »
I think HBBB should adopt this format for sure and CD should at least encourage it.

Firko, I'm not too sure about adding colour over modern helmets as thay have alot of polymers that might react to overcoats???? I will check it out before I spray anything. 

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2010, 02:16:21 pm »
Shopping List, # 1

Best is in the West !!

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2010, 02:33:29 pm »
Let us know how you go with the hemet painting Firko. Im seriously thinking of doing mine too. I have always been worried about the paint reacting badly with the existing paint (FOX) and affecting the structure of the helmet though. Do I have cause to be worried??? Jerry PS maybe Ji can throw some light on it. I'm serious on this one Ji!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2010, 02:38:49 pm »
Shopping List # 2 for me  ;D

Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2010, 02:42:52 pm »
Shopping List # 3 -I reckon this one would have to be for boy child.  8)

Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »
Shopping List # 2 for me 
Jeez Alison, you'd have to be seriously weird to want two of the buggers...... ;D
Didn't you take any notice of Jonsey's warnings?

The coolest bike I looked at was the seriously beautiful Kawasaki SR 250 works bike in the town square, next to the Suzuki display. The more I looked at it, the more trick stuff I found. Can someone post a photo of it please? My camera chucked a battery wobbly so unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:50:01 pm by firko »

Offline POM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2010, 02:48:18 pm »
W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2010, 02:49:51 pm »
Shopping List # 2 for me 
Jeez Alison, you'd have to be seriously weird to want two of the buggers...... ;D
Didn't you take any notice of Jonsey's warnings?

The coolest bike

The Roger Ramjet stickers where enough warning- :o -but I like to be different when it comes to shopping  ;D plus all the hard works been done on this AE one.

this one ?
first time I noticed the wheel chains-suppose it can happen anywhere.-there you go only five were made  :(

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:09:44 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2010, 03:06:47 pm »
"Thread hijack warning"
I just spoke to the body shop next door and the foreman tells me that to paint a modern helmet is o.k.He is a long time BMXer and repaints all his stuff-retro as well. he was surprised that we don't have to wear full faces as they do in his sport-no Jofa allowed.
He said so long as you don't cut through the top coat of the actual helmet case you'll be fine.
All Troy Lee design helmets are white base coat when he starts and he paints over them.

I reckon a base of standard paint followed by an arted version of a bolt on jaw guard in a contrasting colour to match the peak should look almost retro enough if done well. I'll have to follow that up.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2010, 03:08:11 pm »
Best is in the West !!