Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7  (Read 35063 times)

DR

Classic Dirt 7
« on: June 13, 2010, 05:48:10 pm »
Just got home from the best Classic Dirt I've been to yet! Something like 450 riders and a zillion bikes, almost too much to comprehend 8) great weather, great people, great tracks, great entertainment and a great time! I've a few pics..very few sadly as I was once again just far too busy riding ;D will post the pics a little later when I can find my camera ::) A special thanks to the VMX guys for once again hosting what could near be the 'best' vintage dirtbike event worldwide. It would take something of monumental proportions to top it! Great to meet Hoony and special thanks to Rob 'Shoey' for the Husky Central tee shirt! Almost has me thinking a Husky wouldn't be a bad future proposition ;) cheers and again thanks to all who made it possible!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:51:55 pm by Doc »

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt 7
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:05:06 pm »
A couple of snaps from CD7 

http://ausvmx.ning.com/photo/albums/cd7-2010-qld

Enjoy
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:38:03 pm »
Yes after last year we at the SCMCC thought it would be hard to top cd6, but wow, just fantastic. A big thankyou to all that turned up. Cheers Gary.

211kawasaki

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:16:37 pm »
Just home, what an event 586 was the final tally of entrants and what a fantastic, well run event it was. Big thanks to the Club, VMX and all concerned.
Great to catch up with so many friends over the weekend, the party was great guys, hope you all get home safe and sound.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:21:22 am »
Yes it was a fantastic event.
Thanks to VMX magazine, Suzuki, Wiltec, Shoey, SCMCC, QVMX, Peter Bell, all the legends and most of all all the people that came and made it something to remeber.

I hope Popeye and the others taken to hospital will get well soon.

Safe trip home all

And

Tight nuts

Ji

STW996

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 08:28:28 am »
Yes really was a great event.

Shoey as usual turned it on and made us all welcome, this bloke is just so good for VMX!!!!

Ken and AJ put on again the best event, ablely supported by Dave, peter and all the girls and boys at the SCMCC.

Great tracks

Great fun

Great people

400 day licences sold so a lot of one time a year people making the event what it was. A hugh success.

Thanks to all the people who came over to meet me over the weekend

Like Doc said great to meet up with Hoony, we is the same in person as he is on the forum.

Can't sign off without thanking Suzuki for their big effort as usual.

Shane

mainline

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 08:44:50 am »
where to start?

Firstly an absolutely huge thanks to those who put this event on. Everyone from the club guys to the mag guys and all in between, tireless efforts paid off in what would have to be the best dirt bike event in the world. I cannot imagine how you would go about improving it.

The tracks were perfect, the camping facilities were first class, the schedule ran like clockwork, and the whole vibe of the place was just fantastic.

It was great to catch up with all the guys I met last year. Amazing how many people you remember, and vice versa, even though you've only met them once before and 12 mths earlier.

A big thanks to DJ for letting me loose on the Noguchi, I felt guilty for riding it so much, but it was too much fun to hand back ;D

Also thanks to Firko and the crew for the Marguerita's and a massive thanks to his good mate Jonesy for letting me ride his unrestored original Metisse! Again, I was feeling rather guilty for doing lap after lap on it, but it was so easy to ride, and the power was so addictive, I just didn't want to hand it back. It's certainly put my BSA project on the priority list.

I'll probably remember more stuff later, but again thanks to all involved for a great event.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 08:49:45 am »
Conondale Green Park 7.30am Friday morning.

Tight nuts

Ji

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:51:39 am by Ji Gantor »

mainline

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:46 am »
is it just me or does Jonesy look like he's having second thoughts about the whole arrangement?

Thanks to Lawesy for the photo

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:17 am »
hi all wish i could have been there.not good to hear people taken to hospital doesonyone know how popeye is.i still have his number ill try and ring him before i go to work today.cheers gary

mainline

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:38 am »
A couple of the funnier moments that come to mind...

The 40 yr old Virgin (YZ250H) takes the Disco Ball (fully restored YZ250H) out for it's maiden spin, and comes back with gnashing teeth and tears in his eyes cause the gearbox is stuffed and won't get out of first gear. After some deliberation, the bike is parked for a while and he goes for a ride on some other stuff.

So Big Ted strolls over, and has a quick squizz at the gear lever, and with an accompanying stream of insults directed at the aformentioned 40yr old virgin, points out that he has the gear lever mounted so high on the splines that it's hitting the front sprocket cover ::) ;D and hey presto the gearbox is fixed!!

Then there was Hoony, who was so frightened that Macca and Bahnsy would get him to pissed to ride the next day, that he fled the compound on Saturday night to sleep at his digs offsite.

Some half drunk twit with his old winter woolly gloves clenched between his teeth while taking a leak, managed to drop one of them in the portaloo whole trying to zip up and talk to TonyB in the next loo ;D lucky the weeing had stopped by then :D

Ji Gantor

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:26 am »
I can not remember all of Popeye's injuries but,
A broken collar bone, broken ribs, bruised liver..........
But with all that he was talking to others on his mobile phone from the hospital.

My son ran into our tent and told us that he had just seen Popeye have a really bad getoff.

Get well soon mate.

and

Tight nuts

Ji

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:01 am »
Home now. Had a great time Thanks to everyone there. you all helped to make for a great time
 Also if anyone found a bright orange side cover with the numbers 674 on it could the please ring me on 0427100684 ,it fell off the Hodaka ::) Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 09:36:33 am »
thanx ji ill give him a ring today before i go to work and see how he is.met him a couple of times hes a nice bloke.cheers gary

Ji Gantor

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 09:48:03 am »
My son told me that Popeye flew over Drunks Hill jump and cleared this step up double. While in the air the sidcar corkscrewed and when it hit the ground well lets say that it had rotated so far there was no bringing it back.

Tight nuts

Ji