Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7  (Read 35050 times)

Ji Gantor

Re: Classic Dirt 7
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 09:52:50 am »
There was another fellow that got concussion while attempting the tabletop jump down the back of the main track.
Someone hit his bike from behind and sent him flying.
The whole back end on this chaps bike was bent.

Does anyone know how he is doing?

Tight nuts

Ji
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:57:16 am by Ji Gantor »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 09:55:17 am »
perfect!
a special thanks indeed to all who contributed thier efforts to the making of this event.
so lucky theres so much space for camping at this event and the hot showers really make it a treat.
had a few rides on some great bikes {thanks heaps boys, you know who you are ;)} and as always it was great to catch up with the many faces/characters that make up this sport and to meet a few new ones.
picked up and dropped off Tony T at/from the airport and he he really seemed to enjoy his classic dirt experience. but no bike Tony? :D maybe next time hey.
Some half drunk twit with his old winter woolly gloves clenched between his teeth while taking a leak, managed to drop one of them in the portaloo whole trying to zip up and talk to TonyB in the next loo ;D lucky the weeing had stopped by then :D

the only guy i saw wearing "woolly gloves" was you Mainline :D and one of them was wet :D
i'm sure i saw it in your mouth after i'd heard the story of it falling into the pisser :o
are you reading this Hilly?
"flat bickie"

Ji Gantor

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 10:07:54 am »
The attached image is of a Norton trials bike.
The frame, swingarm, tank and guards were all hand made.
A work of art.

Tight nuts

Ji

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 10:38:14 am »
just spoke to popeye he is back at home pretty sore but in good spirits,get well soon .cheers gary

mx250

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 11:36:38 am »
The attached image is of a Norton trials bike.
The frame, swingarm, tank and guards were all hand made.
A work of art.

Tight nuts

Ji

Remarkable 8). Lots of interesting detail there and some unusual ways of addressing some design detail.

Do you know if it is a 'period' home made, a 'period' replica or a more recent brainstorm.

Offline Paddles

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 01:11:43 pm »
i can't believe how fast steve gall still is, he just put in lap after perfect lap, until he stacked it at the back of drunk's hill on sunday and reminded us all he's still only human ............... just!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 01:13:24 pm »
Yes Vandy of course i'm reading this and spewing for missing it .Good to hear it went well except for the crashes . So where are the pics ???.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Ji Gantor

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »
Hi MX250,
The fellow that was owned by the Norton told me that it was modelled after an original and his mate had an original but did not bring it to CD7. A well know frame builder did make all the parts required. I did not ask when it was built but I will post some images to show the detail and craftsmanship that went into it.
Even the gears were made.
The engine was the only Norton thing I believe.

Tight nuts

Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 01:59:04 pm »
Norton trials bike at CD7.

Tight nuts

Ji

mainline

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 02:20:04 pm »
the best laugh I've had since was when I got home last night and opened up the Suzuki "shirt" I won at the trivia night, and it turned out to be a very neat pair of overalls that wouldn't look out of place on one of Dr Evil's henchmen. Wish I'd opened it up when they were being handed out, all the recipients would've made for a great group photo.

shoey

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 04:01:04 pm »
Well

I have just arrived home . I have travelled nearly 2500 km .

The riding was fantastic , the venue was fantastic and to my mates you are just the best .

To the WA crew , thanks for the company and fun times.

I would like to thank all the people that took the time to come over and visit us at Husky Central as this really makes the whole trip real special.

Thanks to Shane for coming over and spending some time with us , shooting a few tequila's. (Nice bridge mate).

Big Bill and Family , Rusty and all the crew , thanks again .

To the team at VMX mag. , thanks for providing us with such a great opportunity.

Thanks to the team at QVMX for providing us such a fabulous venue.

Shoey

STW996

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »
Shoey the pleasure was all mine Maaaaate

Not sure about the tequila's, they put pay to my light beer and riding the next day theory

See you in two weeks

Shane

TT

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »
What can I say that hasn't been said. I can't remember going to any event that had such a good feel to it in such a good location.
Rarely did I walk past anyone and not get a greeting of some sort.
Special mentions need to go to everyone at Husky Central (especially Shoey) for the extraordinary hospitality and generousity in looking after me with bed and board for the weekend, (and for not throwing a boot at me during the night...... I'm thinking I might not be so lucky next year......  :-\ ) Vandy for going above and beyond the call of duty to get me to and from the airport, Klub Kevlar for the hospitality and hangovers, VMX42 for the little 'gift' (it's on the office wall already!) the organising club for a sensation job and tireless work (even the lady that kicked me and the guy from Trailzone out of the track area despite having done all the paperwork etc and already having been out there for 2 3/4 days  :D ) all the guys that offered me bikes to ride (there was a lot!), the VMX team, caterers and everyone else that I got to meet and chat with over the weekend.
A big mention also needs to go to all those that volunteered for flaggy duties and other official positions.
Well done to one and all!  ;D

P.S. I'll still start laughing when I think of "incest".............  :D :D :D    Don't ask.....................

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:38:37 pm by Tony T »

Offline brebel

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 05:29:59 pm »
It was my first time at a Classic Dirt event and I really enjoyed it, I totally enjoyed the sight and sound in particular of all the big bore 2 strokes tearing around, music to my ears  ;D, but on a more sour note , my mates generator was pinched sometime saturday night, there's one low life scumbag in every crowd it seems >:(

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:22 pm »
Well just got home this arvo, and it was really great to meet all the forum members that i could find, all great people one and all, shame i could not spend to much time with all as there was so much to take in.

what a blast, i have been buzzing all day. I managed lots of rides on my Bike (Thanks Macca & Mark for taking it up) as well a test ride on the suzuki both days. was even keen to Ride Shane's generous offer of his CR480 RD but ran out of time and i was stuffed by this stage too.

i was torn between the piss up on Sat night or getting a bed that night and riding the next day, Macca's late pages on the PA were bloody funny. That track is primo fun, and i absolutely loved the Step up (Drunks) and the big hill jump over the back towards the pit, i was like a dog with 2 dicks, it was that much fun. as always at every CD i have been to, the range and quality of the bikes always amazes me.

i am thinking about making the long Haul for the Conondale Classic next year if you guys can give me dates/info when they are available, i want to ride the whole track now.

i can say that this track is now my # 1 Favorite in Oz.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:34:57 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)