Author Topic: Ok, who ordered the factory kawasakis?  (Read 9335 times)

All Things 414

Re: Ok, who ordered the factory kawasakis?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 02:27:56 pm »

Funny i once read a post in the US where a guy was talking about a bike i owned, kinda scary really,

Don't sweat it Freaky. It was on their "funnies" page....

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 04:26:43 pm »
I don't really see how a pic of a bike and some bits being loaded in a remote area of England is an invasion of someone's privacy in Australia. It's not like the address is visible or his name's published. Harden up.

Yep.
People are way too paranoid, and plenty of people like the drama of making a big fuss about these sorts of things.
Its like primary school kids playing at being spies or something. ::)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

vmx155

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 04:35:25 pm »
I wonder if any of you guys would want any of your special gems that you have tucked away become known to the world. The time and money it would take to find this kind of stuff i know if it was me i would not like it to be common forum discusion about such stuff that is so rare and hard to find then have it spread all over the net so potential would be theifts can track it down and remove from your pocession i would be pissed.  You all obviously dont have anything worth protecting as for too much nice stuff gets stolen  cheers adam
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:38:11 pm by vmx155 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »
The sum total of the details are "Australia": So we know the bike is somewhere within 22 million people and over 7.5 million square kilometres.

If that's enough info for anyone to track the bike down to steal it, then they were going to be able to track it down anywhere in the world.

If you stole it, you could never use it, could never sell it and could never even show it to anyone... WhyTF would you bother? Maybe the local dead-beat my be willing to thrash it around the scrub, but if the security at the new owner's house is such that a local deadbeat can take it, then they don't deserve to own the bloody thing in the first place. And I really doubt that the local deadbeat is the one to work out exactly where its going based on an overseas internret forum posting that says its going to Australia.

FFS, are we eight years old?

Edit: This is completely different to "Fred Marsh from Bulli has a really nice RC500 and a YZM500 in his back shed". That's what vmx155 seems to be talking about and I understand that point. But the statement that started this off was "Australia"...  ::)
I've lived the early Mazda dream (even when living in Wollongong) so I know the dramas... I know its futile, but I'd really live to drive a stake through the heart of the paranoia about "If anyone knows you've got it, then it will go missing", particularly when it comes to a very small, very tight-knit community like the VMX one.
Despite Husky67's scare at CD4, I am still to hear of an Australian VMX theft that wasn't just opportunistic thieves who have taken the easiest bike they can get their hands on (which sometimes happens to be a VMX bike).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:55:39 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:33 pm »
Can't believe the hysteria my harmless post has created!  Some joker posted it on a UK-based public internet forum, with the clue of 'down under'.  How big is Australia again? 

If the pics were taken at this end, ie, unloading all the kit at the destination with pics of the bloke's shed & property in the background, then there is a problem.  If our buyer wheels these bikes out to a single race meeting, then that's much more of a risk to their security than these pics.

And like all VMX bikes, they're only really worth a massive amount to certain people in the know who have the desire for them.  And these people will be in the loop as to their whereabouts (probably already).  To your average crim, they are just old motorbikes.

FFS.... ::)

vmx155

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:00 pm »
Tell that to the guy who had his trick husaberg fc that was stollen from a shop in sydney

And like all VMX bikes, they're only really worth a massive amount to certain people in the know who have the desire for them.  And these people will be in the loop as to their whereabouts (probably already).  To your average crim, they are just old motorbikes.

FFS.... ::)
[/quote]

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 05:06:30 pm »
i not sure we are all taking about these "specific" bikes, i dont even know what a kawasaki is.

IM just saying some folk can be as open or as closed about what they have as they like.  Your not paying there bills and you might have good neighbours, so think yourself lucky.    

YOu would be surprised a lot more people know more about you than you think.  They may not know what it is, but its more about those ding bats that actually have no idea bout what it is other than they want it to ride around.  

regardless of what it is if you advertise you have somthing, be it a shitter or a queen some deadbeat is going to want to steal it, just some folks who value there kit just want to cut down the risks from a moron finding it easily.   This goes back to Stickers on your Trailer, cleaning your bike on the front lawn.  Hanging riding gear out on your front porch.   IF you put it out there there is a higher chance sum ding bat will have a go at it.  Thats all im saying.  

Personally,  im not that PARNIOD that i have to put bike locks on my bikes in the PITS ??   ::)  FFS ..... I think thats so far out there its funny.......  but  that may say more about the company at those track or those you keep, than perhaps the owner himself.....
but then again ....................   nimmo :-\
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:13:14 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 05:14:48 pm »
Facebook now that gives me the hebeez,,kids got no idea.  :-\
Suppose you can only tell them so many times  ::)   ;D
Not paranoid just aware  8)
Best is in the West !!

PB20

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 05:24:08 pm »
http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=275184

1 ton of factory kawis & associated bits & pieces on the way to Australia, apparently.

HAHA, tractor forks poking out from the hedge. 1 ton is a helluvalot of bike shit.

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 05:33:12 pm »
Tell that to the guy who had his trick husaberg fc that was stollen from a shop in sydney

Tell what?  There was a bike in a shop.  It was on display.  It was pinched.  It happened to be 'trick' or 'rare'.  Your point is?

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 05:33:52 pm »
It's about the principle of privacy for me here. OK the post was "innocent", however as some people have eluded to already, those in the know could have a fair idea where the stuff is headed. Now with all the loose lips around, this fellow's hope of any sought of privacy is shot to hell. If you've ever had anything nicked, you'll know how sickening it is, not that this is the point but must be considered. NR's post was probably in his interest of VMX, but IMO it's the new owner who should get the say of what, when & where. I had a phone call the other day from someone I didn't know in another state, who proceeded to tell me some of the things I had in my shed, in some detail! The world is small.
K

Offline k2000x

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:56 pm »
if the owner reads this thread... i would like to buy a clutch cover from him if theres a spares...and i will keep it private cheers

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 05:42:36 pm »
You're right bigk, I just thought it relevant to us guys on here.  Totally harmless.  Someone publicly posted something on a site in the UK (which I visit), and I reposted it here.  I know of a few Kawi nuts, but I'm not going to name names on this forum and ask them if they bought those bikes.

It's just a link, so don't shoot the messenger.  If I was the buyer and was concerned reading this, then I'd be all over the guy in the UK to delete his thread.

You can access that website anywhere on this planet, and I know there are others on here who read that site.

All Things 414

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 06:01:12 pm »
Yeah K. Get on that Pommy forum and give that guy a really good talking to. You know what? He'll probably tell you to F U C K right off!

I can just see I'll be getting the silent treatment this Sunday. Let's not wait 'till then. Let's sort it out now you humorless groms. You have my number. Because if I get the treatment that I got at Bluerock I'm gunna start swinging an axe.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 06:14:16 pm »
Not bitter, then..... ;D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....