Author Topic: FAMOUS PEOPLE  (Read 34045 times)

TT

Re: FAMOUS PEOPLE
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 11:13:35 am »
Hey Jim, I think you've posted in the wrong place.
You should have put that one in the 'Heroes' thread a bit further down...........  ;)  ;)  ;D

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 11:15:31 am »
My father played lead guitar in the Aztec's with Billy Thorpe
We used to have this old farm house at Dural with a big shed and lots of music people would come over and practice. My Mother points out lots of famous people who used to visit us back then.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

STW996

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 12:23:17 pm »
Peter Shoene isn`t famous,   (well ) he may be famous for ripping you off with bultaco parts jerry
Jeez Dave, now you've gone and ruined the funny vibe by being nasty. No wonder you're not famous. ::)

See that's why Firko is famous he tells it how it is!! ::)

I was with a Catholic Italian mate once, well walking the other way was Firko and the Pope and my mate said to me, Hey, whossy that witha Firko!!

true story

That'll get the vibe going again Firko old mate ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:35:59 pm by STW996 »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 01:02:31 pm »
is this the infamous or the famous page ;D just looking to see if i've been mentioned :D

the only famous person i've meet was at the last race meet, gave him a hand on the start line with a crate, think he went on to win that race.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:12 pm »
Peter Shoene isn`t famous,  ;D (well ) he may be famous for ripping you off with bultaco parts jerry, ???

WTF David, he's famous to me and all the other Bultaco guys he has gone out of his way to help over the years!!!

Stan.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 01:11:06 pm »
  ive meet
 Arnold_Schwarzenegger
  joan jett
  keith richards
 got pissed weekly with  lobby loydd in days gone by   ( r.i.p )
 meet firko this year :o

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 01:52:26 pm »
thats nimmo . he went the full monty

firko

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »
Hey Paul.....I met Lobby Lloyd in the old Coloured Balls days, prior to him playing in Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs (after Slakewells dad). Got to know him pretty well through an old footy mate who was the Coloured Balls (and later Aztecs)roady. Lobby was a really nice bloke, loved a beer or two as well! He reckons I was the only person left alive that had seen him play with the Purple Hearts in the mid 60's. He's one of my five all time favourite guitarists.

I heard a cool Keith Richard story on the radio when they had listeners calling in with their meeting famous people stories.
One pissing down rainy Melbourne morning this woman was driving her kids to school when he car was shunted up the arse by a stretch Limo. Neither car was movable so she had to stand in the pissing rain sorting out the details with the other driver and wait for the cops. After a while, the rear door of the limo opened and the occupent shouted, "Hop in out of the rain darlin'". Without hesitation she hopped in to discover the Limos occupent was Keith Richard. She reckoned he was a real charmer, asked why she was out on such a shitty day and when she told him she was driving the kids to school, he asked his driver to fetch the kids from the Mums car and bring them to the limo as well. She went on to say that he offered her a Vodka which she declined but did accept a coffee which he made for her using the coffee machine in the Limo. She said that he seemed to really enjoy the experience and especially enjoyed talking music with her teenage kids. When the replacement Limo arrived, he insisted on delivering the kids to school and requested that the driver make a big deal by driving the limo onto the school grounds too impress the kids mates. He then drover her to her home and as a final gesture, gave her a phone # to call to request five tickets to that nights Stones gig. They were front row VIP tickets and during the show old Keith recognised her and her family and mentioned the story on how they'd met to the audience. The family even got backstage passes to the post gig party where they were introduced to the rest of the band.

He seems like a nice bloke to me too.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:39 pm »
lobby was a good guy firko ,  when we    went out i wouldnt come home for a week at a time  ,the coloured  ball use to play at the whitehorse hotel in mitchum every wed nite ,thorpie  thusday ,red house roll band friday ,then as thorpie sat box hill town hall or camberwell town hall  week in week out it was great

plus all 3 sunburys  concerts as well we good value
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:13:26 pm by paul »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 02:15:07 pm »
shit Firko, everybody thinks your famous, well i dont !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, your just sooooooo much older than the rest of us, you know more folks ;D ;D

the infamous worm

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:06 pm »
while on rock and roll stories here is a true 1
weeknight revesby round house.party boys playing (joe walsh as well) went with girl from office and some mates.many jds and coke was had and at the end of the night had to carry jenny out to the car.when walking past the back door joe walsh comes out and we offer him jenny as a gift and hope to get invite to after party.no jenny is a good lookng girl in a little black no and all joe said to us was thanks for the offer but have a look in the taxi and tell me if the swap is a good one.we all looked in the cab and in the back set waiting was a blond to die for so we said bye and took jenny home.
ps nothing happed she was leggless,didnt even front for work the next day.it didnt impress her boss at all.thats another stor not for telling
jim
ps
tony my dad is famous to me and thats all that matters

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 03:19:08 pm »
i set up stage and did a light show for party boys at warrilla bowling club down near woollongong

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 04:32:12 pm »
Gee Worms, poor firko, you dont want to deflate his ego,  (Ok, l love peter schoene too, he has helped me out with bultaco parts and lots of cuppa`s over the years ( he is Famous )
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:41:27 pm by DAVID#46 »

firko

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 04:48:31 pm »
Now your being nasty to me but nice to Peter this time. ??? You'll never get famous that way Dave. ;D

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »
The Famous people that l have meet are, Barry Sheene, Jeff Kennett, Judith Briggs, Peter Lysakowski, Ivan Miller, Bert Flood, Gaston Rahier, Mike Rudd from Ariel, Ross Wilson, Brian Brown and Rachiel Ward, Dennis walter 3AW, Elliott Goblett drank with him at irish murpthys Ballarat 1998. Roger de coster, Joel Roberts, Andy Roberton, Adoff Weiller, Micheal Coombes factory rider. Mark Firkin great fellow love him, he puts up with my bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:38:58 pm by DAVID#46 »