Author Topic: FAMOUS PEOPLE  (Read 34048 times)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: FAMOUS PEOPLE
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 08:38:22 pm »
sorry its hard enuff to type letalone look for all the other bits in between :D.ill try harder next time ;Dcheers gary

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:38 pm »
curly haired bloke that used to play guitar for status quo(cant think of his name)
Alan Lancaster. Met him, been to his place. Studio above the garage. My mum was good friends with his wife.

I met royalty once. I met a queen when I was down the cross!
Met THE holeshot buddy. A legend in his own pony tail! He also kept telling me the same thing. Over and over and over......

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 09:04:31 pm »
and over and over and over ::) :-*
follow me to first turn

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 09:14:19 pm »
Eddie Lawson, Horst Lietner, Bob Hannah and Jeff Hicks at pro circuit, Mike healey,Goat Breker,Roger D,Johnny O,Marty Moates,Gary Jones (not a HBBB)Mike Bell,
Pit Bierer(helped lift him up some stairs ), Marc Velkeneers, Jan De Groot , Gerard Rond
Non moto people - singers-JudyCollins , George Benson, and was on set with Billy Idol and Val Kehmer.
Footy? Kevin Sheedy,Tommy Hafey ,Stewart Lowe ...blahblah..

other - Debbie Flintoff -King if anyone remembers her.          

and I've been to Brad van Barrello's place  ;D                

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 09:21:37 pm »
A mate and myself were standing at the bar of a restuarant in Cowes, Phillip Island ordering 8 VB stubbies when the guy next to us said to the bar girl "God Damm change my order, make mine one of them as well cause they must be good if they are ordering eight of them". It was Kenny Roberts Snr. He told me later he enjoyed it and had several more before the night was finished. Nice guy.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:01:13 pm by Stan S »

TT

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 09:31:33 pm »
and I'm sleeping with a woman who once slept with Firko.

I hope you've had all the 'tests'............. one can only imagine where this Firko bloke has been.............  :-\

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 10:09:49 pm »
the most FAMOUS PEOPLE I ever met, was those loven VMX  ;D

Sandy someone (she won a world championship, but I'm too lazy to google her surname).
Sandy Wicks will be attending the VMXWA 15th Anniversary August 28th & 29th if you wish to do some dirt skids with her.  8)
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 10:30:17 pm »
one can only imagine where this Firko bloke has been
I've been in the shed working on Firkos Cheney actually Tony ;).

Besides the usual subjects to do with motor racing, I've had fleeting moments with B grade celebrity, such as............
*Played in a darts tournament against a team comprising of Kim Gardner (Ashton,Gardner and Dyke bass player), Jackie Lomax (first solo performer signed by Apple records) and Ray Cooper (Elton Johns percussionist)

*Got hopelessly drunk with, B grade Swedish actor Bo Swenson, star of  B grade moviie, 'Walking Tall'. A good campfire story for CD7, too long to relate here.

*Briefly dated Jim Weinerts first wife Cathy (one date actually, we worked together)

*Sat next to Les Pillet at school, who later murdered his parents. He was a very weird and twisted boy, even at 15.

*Sat next to Steve Marriot (Small Faces and Humble Pie lead singer on an LA-NY flight, talked anything but music and didn't even realise who he was until the landing buzzer came on. He was a really nice bloke and dead within a fortnight.

*Drive Firkos 90 year old mother to her regular monday Ti Chi class.

*Rivalled All Black legend Murray Mexted for the attention of a stunning black South African babe at a party and I won.

*Watched Michael Caine and Rod Stewart get pissed on half price Watneys Red Barrel pints at the Kings Head Pub in Santa Monica, LA in 1977. My missus buggered their faux working class slumming it vibe by asking Rod for his autograph and was not so politely told to "fi*k off darling, we're off duty". She threw our copy of 'Every Picture Tells a Story'
in the garbage when we got home.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »
and not a single comment re your alleged sleeping around Firko!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

firko

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 11:11:01 pm »
Another America close encounter...When I was living in Lakewood, California, Michelle Pfeiffer was a check out chick at my local Alpha-Beta supermarket. Naturally I always took her line. She was drop dead stunning but a Japanese American girl working with her named Mavis left 'Shelly' in the dust for good looks. Unfortunately Mavis had a liking for Bolivian Marching Powder and went sour pretty soon after. Michelle however became Miss Long Beach and the rest is history.

and not a single comment re your alleged sleeping around Firko
Old footy saying. What happens on tour, stays on tour. ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:15:52 pm by firko »

Doggy Digger

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 02:37:16 am »
Silvester Stallone, 1988 - I did a photo shoot with him for a mag

Henry Reynolds, 2001 - Historian and Aboriginal activist

Rex Staten, Pietermaritzburg, RSA, April 1982 - at a local motocross.   I didn't talk to him - we just eyed each other off, and I thought how much this nasty looking thug looks like the USA guy (but that it could not possibly be him.  No way ... not way down here)   I still curse that day for missing such an autograph

Frank Black, March, 2010 - Manly Corso.   Lead singer for The Pixies ... who declined to have a coffee with me.   I nearly spewed on him, I was so excited.  (My all-time fave band)

Jaroslav Falta, 2008 - Manly Corso.   But he doesn't speak any English, so I talked to Ken

Kork Ballington, 1981 - Durban.  He came down to hotel foyer and gave me an autograph

Phillip Adams, 1998 - Radio National and The Australian ... at Sydney Library

Wayne Gardner, 1989 - did a photo shoot with him at Calder practice day.  It was around October, and he was champ

Alan Cathcart, 2010 - shared a hotel for weekend with him at HBBB.   I can still can hardly walk ...

Ivan Miller, 1975 - Wonthaggi, Vic Titles.   I was thrilled to bits and in nervous.  Got my first MX autograph.   (What a L.E.G.E.N.D.)

Paul Kelly, 1992 - cos I shared a flat in St Kilda with one of his cousins from SA

Kevin Magee, 1989 - at Phillip Isle for inaugural GP.   I did a photo for mag, with him

Vince Jones, 1990 - cos I was sharing a flat with his sound technician in St Kilda

John Seale, 2001 - Academy award for cinematography, cos he lives next door to my mum-in-law on Pittwater

Rod Hunwick, 2010 - at Deux Ex Machina.  He built the Hunwick Hallam superbike

Michael Leunig, 1990s to 2002 - Melb Age's cartoonist.   Got to know him via local cafe hangout in St Kilda

Bill Leak, 1997 - The Australian's cartoonist.  Flew up from melb to see a small seminar he did on cartooning.   This meeting changed my life, and led to me moving to NSW for good, six months later

Mark Firkin, 2010 - there was a big crowd gathered around him at Speedway, HBBB.  (Turns out they were trying to get a sqizz at the Vincent sliders)

PS:   I'll have my MX autograph book with me at CD7.  I started it at a Brit national in 1981 (John Banks, Bill Butchka, Noyce, etc) ... and am still collecting the occasional monicker to this day.    It has approx 100 names in it ... one per page, with clippings glued in  (If anyone wants a look, you are most welcome.   It'll fall to bits one day)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:40:48 am by Doggy Digger »

Offline dirttracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:41 am »
the only ones i can think of are ron jeremy, yarna wench and chopper read. i thought i seen plankman when i was in dunedoo but i was told it was just a cocky.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 08:45:19 am »
Peter Shoene isn`t famous,  ;D (well ) he may be famous for ripping you off with bultaco parts jerry, ???
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:56:33 am by DAVID#46 »

firko

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 09:44:42 am »
Peter Shoene isn`t famous,   (well ) he may be famous for ripping you off with bultaco parts jerry
Jeez Dave, now you've gone and ruined the funny vibe by being nasty. No wonder you're not famous. ::)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:13 am »
my dad world war two vet without all the vets we would be speaking german and drining vws and riding puchs
lots of australian road races and dirt track/speedway riders