Author Topic: Swingarm of the gods 2  (Read 13135 times)

DR

Re: Swingarm of the gods 2
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 07:31:47 am »
hmmmm...I have the PP no-dive setup I was going to fit up to my 2nd 400C (t'was going to be a loosely based '78 Gunter replica but that idea got shelved due to lack of interest ::)) I think I still have the detailed fitting details you once sent me Rod so I may just have to resurrect the project ;)

monaro308

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
I was going through some of my old mx videos recorded off TV back in the 80's and found a video that my cousin recorded (those big mother ones that rest on your shoulder) when i loaned his brother my PE175X....i figured about 1983 as my PE still had a "P" plate displayed.
I was watching the video about a month ago and noticed one of their mates with an RM125C and it had the PP no-dive set-up on it.
Funny looking back at that video nearly 30 years on as there was my PE175X,RM125C,RM250N,YZ80E or F and an XT250.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »
I wish I had a standard muffler, but how does this look?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:46:57 pm by pmc57 »

DR

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 09:39:52 pm »
looks the goods Pete 8) The gear lever looks a little high for my liking but eh..ithat's just a personal thing ;D

monaro308

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 10:02:32 pm »
When i was chasing parts for my RM125C restoration,i would email a question about the part for sale and then add the "oh by the way,you wouldn't happen to have the rear muffler from that bike?"
One rear shock turned into 2 and then he happened to still have the muffler for an extra $20.00.
The week before i missed out on one for $100.00....to say i was pissed off is an understatement.
One minute i would have paid to get one....after getting mine for $20.00....i said,geez i nearly paid $100.00 for that muffler?  ::)
It pays to ask more questions  ;)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 06:36:37 am »
Help is on the way, fleabay just yielded a decent looking muffler for $14, plus $500 postage  ::) plus a Tony D yellow front guard so I cooking with gas to tidy up the outstanding issues.

Thanks for the photos and tip on curing the muffler droop, I will be making some adjustments. So this weekend should see the 125 finished and back to working on the Harley.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 07:15:31 am »
Gee Pete, that muffler looks the goods.....where did you get it? ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

oldfart

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 07:27:55 am »
Hey Pete ....I saw something simalar to that  on the weekend, they must be pretty common  ;)

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 05:25:04 pm »
Chris, I need the gear lever mounted that high, I had heaps of trouble getting my boot under it to change up when it was lower.

John, a little bird gave it to me...

Stew, nearly as common as arse holes, everyone's got one.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:37 pm »
How does it handle...after spotting one on the UK/Oz tour ??

almost there, few small bits like the rear axle, PP front guarg and it is done.

Best is in the West !!

suzuki43

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »
Allison,young Marc is in transit back to Japan as we speak,so response to follow ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »
Allison,young Marc is in transit back to Japan as we speak,so response to follow ;D

cool-thats why I spotted him on facebook bagging the evening meal of Trichosurus vulpecula......  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 05:39:03 pm »
That as a package just looks shit to me.....nothing gells.....exhaust looks like its off an 80, plastic tank looks crapola(needs an alloy tank), RM on the seat cover is pissed, the yellow ign cover looks like its made from a plumbers water pipe, fork boots...yuk, every peice of yellow on that bike is a different shade, muffler looks dodgy, swingarms obviously bent after landing from a jump?, porkypine head doesnt suit it (you NEED to send it to me Mark), apart from that it has promise but I wouldnt want you to decorate my bedroom!!! ;D. I think you should pack it into boxes and send it to me before the style police charge you with cruelty to RM's.....or the secret Suzuki agent 219William Doe arrives and saves the day ......and also gets the girl!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 08:57:51 pm »
That as a package just looks shit to me.....nothing gells.....exhaust looks like its off an 80, plastic tank looks crapola(needs an alloy tank), RM on the seat cover is pissed, the yellow ign cover looks like its made from a plumbers water pipe, fork boots...yuk, every peice of yellow on that bike is a different shade, muffler looks dodgy, swingarms obviously bent after landing from a jump?, porkypine head doesnt suit it (you NEED to send it to me Mark), apart from that it has promise but I wouldnt want you to decorate my bedroom!!! ;D. I think you should pack it into boxes and send it to me before the style police charge you with cruelty to RM's.....or the secret Suzuki agent 219William Doe arrives and saves the day ......and also gets the girl!!

Jesus John tell us what yer think  ;D dont hold back  :D :D Iv'e made a space for it it the shed  ;) we can get it sorted and big H can ride it at easter  :D

oldfart

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:30 am »
Bill, to be honest it's different
Crockashit, you would make one hell of a bike critic   ;D