Author Topic: Andrew Macfarlane  (Read 17615 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Macfarlane
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:57 pm »
Sad sad another fine rider and person joins the Gods of Speed way to early. I grieve for Andrews family and friends.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 04:08:24 am »
just back from a twinshock meeting in southwest england and cant say i have ever heard so mant people upset about andrews death.  Such a nice guy .

Offline floberts

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 08:44:03 am »
I just read about this in today's paper, I can't believe it. I have been reading about him in ADB since the early nineties when I first started riding. He was the same age as me too.

Really sad for his family.

R.I.P
Ben

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 08:59:13 am »
I called into the track briefly yesterday morning to drop some stuff off, it looked a big meeting. I don’t get out to many moderns these days and I was thinking how good it was for the moderns to have good showing.
This was also the event that should have been at the “Bool”, fate works in mysterious ways.
The news filters out quickly these days with the news reaching us at a club day near Ballarat, didn’t want to believe it at first.

I too have fond memories of his ride at the Broadford GP. He did us all proud when in front of the worlds best he nearly ran away with it (along with Byner)
In fact, I reckon if it hadn’t start raining half way through that first Moto making the track turn slick he would have taken it all the way to the end.

Yes, he was a good ambassador for us.

My condolences to his family and friends
RIP Andrew
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

STW996

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 09:55:46 am »
Yes a sad day indeed, a great rider that loved what he did and gave us some great memories.

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 09:57:17 am »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:17 pm »
Quote fullnoise..does anyone know where the Kawasaki is now  ???

R.I.P Sharky #88
A photo taken by mum at  world gp in 2000 at Broadford
Best is in the West !!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 10:02:20 pm »
terrible news such a great rider one of our
best, we have lost a true aussie legend.

and vmx247 yes that bike is still around
and geoff is right he would have smoked the 4 bangers
 if it had not got wet
follow me to first turn

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 10:37:08 pm »
I spoke to My mate Benny today who spannered for Andrew last season when riding for MXRAD, he said that Andrew had a very nasty head injury last year which put him out for some time, he seems to think that there might have been something underlying from before which was triggered by this accident, absolutely horrible all the same,... :(

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 08:16:35 am »
I was racing in Narrabri north NSW when we found out :'(. Yes new travells very fast in our MX comunity. Brings back memoris of Joel Elliot. Head injuries must be treated with care. RIP.

firko

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 10:23:10 am »
I spoke to My mate Benny today who spannered for Andrew last season when riding for MXRAD, he said that Andrew had a very nasty head injury last year which put him out for some time, he seems to think that there might have been something underlying from before which was triggered by this accident, absolutely horrible all the same,...
I was talking to another person in the know last night (a rider) who told me the same story, that last years accident damage was allegedly worse than Andrew had let on and that it was entirely possible that Sundays tragic accident may have exaspirated the existing injury. The coroner will get to the real causes of Sharkys death so it's probably unfair of us to speculate too much.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 04:14:44 pm »
WENT TO KILCOY MX MONDAY
 ONE MINUTE SILENCE HELD
AT START OF PRACTICE
R.I.P. NUMBER 7

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 05:32:05 pm »
Anthony from powerhouse motorcycles is a kawy nut and i think he was looking at purchasing it a while ago ???  A bike we would all love to own!
Hopefully Anthony got it, as it would be in one of the best sets of kawy hands around
Maico's, the only way to go.

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »
Anthony from powerhouse motorcycles is a kawy nut and i think he was looking at purchasing it a while ago ???  A bike we would all love to own!
Hopefully Anthony got it, as it would be in one of the best sets of kawy hands around
Saw a PowerHouse van up in SE Qld today.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 06:04:25 pm »

Saw a PowerHouse van up in SE Qld today.

I think the Dyno tuning shop in Nerang is called Powerhouse, could be from there.