Author Topic: VICTORIA A STATE OF UNREST  (Read 9281 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: VICTORIA A STATE OF UNREST
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 08:45:06 pm »
Bring back Kenett!

Israel Filou got out of there just in time...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:03:38 pm by oldyzman »
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 08:47:11 pm »
Typical response from the Cockroaches , The Storm have a solid supporter base and there is plenty of money at stake so when you get flogged by the Storm this season just bend over and take it . Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 09:29:17 pm »
Good for you Hilly stand ya ground..
There will always be rife in the states,since the rail gauge width issue of two horses ass's.  ;D
All else fails take up VMX  8)
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »
Oh AFL is way out of a saffies grasp but league?
That's not what I said. I'm sure AFL can easily be understood by even the most one eyed of South Africans. What I mean't is that Rugby League is closer to the proper Rugby than AFL ever was or will be and is an alternative for want of a proper Rugby Union team for them to follow.
Go to a Storm home game Tim and listen to the accents around you. I bet you'll find someone from your home town.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:48 pm »
If Rugby was invented today you wouldn't be allowed to play it. Jerry

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 10:47:19 pm »
It's funny how Rugby Leauge stumbles from one disaster to another.....bit like our labor politians.....I really resent paying tax into these farked up goverments we have got at the moment.....carn't wait to see what the next bullshit, lets waste another 5 billion dollars that we dont have on?. If you think Gof (lets open the floodgates and let all the shit into the country) Witlam and Bob (lets get pissed every night and root everything ) Hawke farked the country up, wait till Kevin pretty boy Rudd's finished......god save the Queen.......cause he wont save Australia!!.....I'll go plant some more cabbages now.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

metalskin

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 10:47:57 pm »
Oops I forget MYKI the electronic public transport system thats cost $1.3 B so far and hasn't fired a shot in anger. If we had a half way competent opposition party the current mob would have been bounced years ago.Jerry

its stuff like this that i hate hearing... 1.3 BILLION DOLLARS.. (one thousand three hundred MILLION!!?)  

spent on a f'ing ticket system for melbourne transport that was already totally redesigned 10 years ago.

... and 20,000 homeless people in Victoria.

now lets take that 1300000 and divide it by... 20k = $12,960,000 (per homeless person....)
that kind of money, there'd be so much change left over, they could invest it in something like bringing back trade schools,
or doing something that will create employment and oppertunitys. not wasting it on a ticket system for a couple of private companys
that probably dont even keep the money in Australia. the same people who are always trying to find ways to replace people with machines.

why not check how this stacks up against the whole population of vic.

130000000 divided by 5400000 = $240 per victorian...   that is utter bs....

politians live sheltered lives and dont understand the true value of a dollar... let alone 1.3 billion.

oh well, why should they care.. they'll just go order another scotch from the bar @ 50c... subsidized by all of us.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:57:19 pm by metalskin »

monaro308

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 01:27:17 am »
If any other club says that they aren't paying players under the table...THEY ARE FAT LIERS.
Melbourne storm got caught or was it a set up to oust them??
I can see a mad rush for the paper shredder in the other clubs.
The NRL should have given them a bigger fine...not kill the club.

I'm not into the bum sniff'n game but i support the Storm as alot of Victorians do and all its done now is to push the interest of NRL into the scrap heap for us.
Our interest will now be ZERO....NRL.....you F@#Ked up i think.

Go the pies  ;D

All Things 414

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 08:03:53 am »

... and 20,000 homeless people in Victoria.

That can't be right. Visy must have plenty of cardboard boxes....... :-X

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 08:22:43 am »
Dont you mean "go the Saint's".....
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TooFastTim

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 09:06:38 am »
Oh AFL is way out of a saffies grasp but league?
That's not what I said. I'm sure AFL can easily be understood by even the most one eyed of South Africans. What I mean't is that Rugby League is closer to the proper Rugby than AFL ever was or will be and is an alternative for want of a proper Rugby Union team for them to follow.
Go to a Storm home game Tim and listen to the accents around you. I bet you'll find someone from your home town.

What I meant was that AFL is too different from rugby, granted league is far closer. But the whole union thing is deeply ingrained in a saffies psyche.

No doubts that you'll hear many saffies at a Storm game but they'll all be turncoats. Is it just me or are the buggers breeding now (Tim waves UK passport)? Went to the bottle shop yesterday and a saffie was there. We won't discuss St Ives will we  ::)

firko

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 11:08:46 am »
No doubts that you'll hear many saffies at a Storm game but they'll all be turncoat
Why would they be turncoats? Living in Melbourne, a city that has very little Rugby culture whether it be Union or League, the expat Saffie can go to a Storm game for some footy entertainment and at least get some Rugby enjoyment. They can still be fans of the mother game and go to a league game without selling their soul. I played Rugby Union for 20 odd years and love the game above all other ball games. However I'm a great fan of my beloved Rabittoes Rugby League team and have a more than passing interest in the Swannies AFL. I don't feel that I've sold my Rugby soul because I happen to like League and AFL as well and I reckon those Saffies wearing the purple at a Storm game would feel the same. Come next year they'll be out there in their Bulls/Stormers/Sharks/Cheetahs jerseys enjoying them playing against the Rebels and supporting the Rebels (as their new local choice) against all other Aussie and Kiwi teams in the Super 15 series. It's not accidental that both the ARL and ARU want a portion of the the Victorian market. There are now too many expats living there in need of a team to call their own in a code they're familiar with.
Went to the bottle shop yesterday and a saffie was there. We won't discuss St Ives will we 
Bugger it lets! :P
Just after Christmas some friends originally  from Capetown were in town to visit rellys so we all met up at the Greengate Hotel on the Highway in 'Snives' for a drink. I wasn't in the bar more than two minutes before I realised that two girls behind the bar were Saffies as were the young guy picking up glasses, three quarters of the clientele and even the stupid woman who parked me in out on the street. My Capetown friends who've actually lived in Los Angeles for 20 years reckon they hadn't heard so many Africaan accents in years. I'd love to go back to the Greengate to watch a Bulls v 'Tahs game on the big screen....I reckon I'd come out sounding ( but not acting) like the ghost of Eugene Terre'Blanche after a few schooners! ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:21:49 pm by firko »

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 02:20:21 pm »
Metalskin and Davey crocket you both spot on!
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 02:31:51 pm »
Have you ever wondered why the Poms, Kiwi's, Seeth Ufrican's and Yank's make such a mess of speaking Australian? Cheers Jerry

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 04:24:26 pm »
Have you ever wondered why the Poms, Kiwi's, Seeth Ufrican's and Yank's make such a mess of speaking Australian? Cheers Jerry

there would have to be a punch line for this one Jerry-shame TMBill is at Johny o vmx -he always throws a good one.  ;D
Best is in the West !!