Author Topic: VICTORIA A STATE OF UNREST  (Read 9283 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
VICTORIA A STATE OF UNREST
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:20:32 am »
 Ex Police Commissioner who was having her hair cut, working on her biography and having a meal out with friends while the biggest fire ever to hit the state blazed away (but she was contactable even though her phone was turned off). Murdered drug lord ( ? corrupt cops) in the most secure prison within a prison in the state. Melbourne Storm salary cap rorts. What next? I thought this stuff only happened in QLD and NSW. Cheers Jerry

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: VICTORIA A STATE OF UNREST
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:04 am »
Oops I forget MYKI the electronic public transport system thats cost $1.3 B so far and hasn't fired a shot in anger. If we had a half way competent opposition party the current mob would have been bounced years ago.Jerry

mx250

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:53:38 am »
Oops I forget MYKI the electronic public transport system thats cost $1.3 B so far and hasn't fired a shot in anger. If we had a half way competent opposition party the current mob would have been bounced years ago.Jerry
Freaking amazing ........NSW just spent similar (but at least ours works ;D) but why ain't these systems bought Federally and then the costs divy'ed up between the states - gees, they reckon to be competitive we have to be the smart nation ::). And we sold the State lotteries to pay for it. And gave that company the right to retain Unclaimed Monies. And gave the contract to a company convicted of fraud during previous tendering :o

(It's a rhetorical question; the answer is that there are thousands of Pubic Servants and politicians and other various hangers on sucking on this particular teat and are not about to give up - notice the shitfight re public health. Tell me that was NOT all about political points scoring, protecting one's empire and actually about good public policy.)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:11:29 am »
Sorry to hear things are soooooo bad down there, would you like Captain Bligh to fix it up!

Cheers Trev, and i arnt bashing the  ;D Vic's, OK

All Things 414

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 11:25:32 am »
Thank God it's counter-balanced with the best VMX racing in Australia eh' chaps? ;)
(and no I couldn't care less about Nationals....)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:26:37 am »
Yes - we will give you Nanna Bligh for free.  There are a whole heap of Queensland health people around that are hyped up on free coffees that aren't getting paid.  We could send some of those down too if you'd like.
Also for sale - rail, port and other infrastructure.  :o
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:13 am »
Meanwhile over in the Land of the Long White Shroud you have former ministers of justice, people with Knighthoods and former commercial security comission members on corruption charges.

If you get convicted does the Queen take her knighthood back ???
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 12:07:54 pm »
That's the end of the Melbourne Storm in Melbourne but it's no great loss as the so called Sports State never understood Rugby League anyway. The only people who go to the games are expat NSW and Queenslanders, Kiwis and Seth Efricans. I went to a Storm/Rabbitoes game at Olympic Park a few years ago and it was a sea of Maori ex Aucklanders wearing the Storm purple. While the Sydney papers and news broadcasts give Aussie Rules equal coverage, in Victoria, Rugby and Rugby League are stuck away in the back of the sports section sharing a page with volleyball and lawn bowls in anything bar News Limited papers. Let the Storm die and set up a new team on the Central Coast where they appreciate the game and leave Victoria to their own. Apparently everythings perfect down there already without outside help.

Our premier might be head clown in the circus but at least she's the best sort in Aussie politics.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:21:37 pm by firko »

Offline floberts

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 02:42:37 pm »
I agree Firko, bring back Norths Bears. 

Growing up in the NT I once saw a bloke wearing a shirt that read:

There are only 2 states to be in, Queensland or pissed.

He was pissed.

Ben

All Things 414

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »
That's the end of the Melbourne Storm in Melbourne but it's no great loss as the so called Sports State never understood Rugby League anyway.

This is freaky! Once again I'm totally in agreement. ;)
I nearly jumped for joy when I heard they'd got their dicks caught in the door. Let's get rid of this farce that we actually take an interest in this bizarre game (?) as it borders on embarrassment seeing Victorians swathed in purple walking into an empty arena and barracking for these clowns....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:14:56 pm by All Things 414 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 04:15:30 pm »
Oops I forget MYKI the electronic public transport system thats cost $1.3 B so far and hasn't fired a shot in anger.

Ah, the wonderful world of politics. The Mikey system is fundamentally sound, but keeps getting f$%ked with by politicians (and their Public Servant minions) who need it to be all things to all people.
This really is one of those things where an opposition party can't lose - by kicking up a fuss, the public is trained to expect perfection the moment its switched on. And so then the govt trying to predict the problems create even more problems, giving the oppostion more to whinge about, creating even more distrust among the public, causing the government more reason to meddle.

I promise you that nobody could do what the Vic gov't originally planned to do, without hiccups (although the basic concept is solid). The buck will stop with the govt, but the opposition's involvment has undoubtedly made the situation far worse.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 05:34:11 pm »
Looks to me like the whole country is forked with no one knowing which way is up.
Anyway who says she's the best looker in politics, Kevy 'o' sevy is pretty cute with his painted on hair-looks more like a friggin' Moonface wannabe!

TooFastTim

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »
The only people who go to the games are expat NSW and Queenslanders, Kiwis and Seth Efricans.

Tsk, no self -respcting saffie would be seen dead at a league game.

firko

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 07:46:44 pm »
Tsk, no self -respcting saffie would be seen dead at a league game.
Any poor Saffies living in Melbourne would definitely identify with Rugby League before AFL. I have Saffie friends living in Melbourne and not understanding a single thing about AFL, follow Rugby League and the Storm for want of a proper Rugby side to support. Next year they get the Rebels so all is well. Having said that, the Rebels have just as much support as the Storm...expats, and without the Murdoch dollars pumping them up. I have grave fears for their  long term survival.

TooFastTim

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 08:01:58 pm »
Oh AFL is way out of a saffies grasp but league? That would be like selling your grandmother. The ultimate betrayal. The whole union thing is so ingrained in saffies psyche that it's impossible to remove.

There's still cricket..(hold on guys I'm a trials rider, slow and steady will win the day, leather on willow and all that)