Author Topic: Nats proposal  (Read 12392 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Nats proposal
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:24 pm »
I haven't read Superseniors proposal so I may be off the mark here, but the Championship can already be split into the two catergories mentioned. or is the proposal something different ?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 10:10:42 pm »
not according to the moms
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:35 pm »

Yes according to moms
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 10:27:38 pm »
2011 moms Page 170 Rule 18.12 Australian Classic Motocross and Dirt track Championships.

18.12.1.1 The championships will be run as single meetings at a venue selected by the classic motocross and dirt track commision.

18.12.1.2 Evolution class and pre '85 may be run as part of the Australian classic motocross championship or independently.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:29:29 pm by evo550 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:08 pm »
I haven't read Superseniors proposal so I may be off the mark here, but the Championship can already be split into the two catergories mentioned. or is the proposal something different ?

Its alot more than just about the split -PROPOSAL Ref 18.13.1.2   Its observations,ramifications and summary- email sent at you  8) !!  via tob.......
cheers A
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:32:13 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 10:31:40 pm »
i read that as saying you cant run a pre 75 titles without the pre 85 classes, but that the pre 85 can run there own if there is no pre 75 title ?  fork knows all too confusing for me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:33:29 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:06 pm »

Its alot more than just about the split -PROPOSAL Ref 18.13.1.2   Its observations,ramifications and summary- email sent at you  8) !!  via tob.......
cheers A
Cheers VMX,
I new I should have read the proposal before posting. Nice job supersenior.
Freaky.........uummmm, doesn't matter. ;)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:39 pm »
2011 MOMS cancelled 18.7.11.1.and 18.12.1.1&2 are contradictory. Proposal is much more far reaching,with benefits to all catagories, and opening doors for the future [Pre90 for instance.]
The amazing thing is that I submitted the proposal over 12 months ago,and it first appeared on this thread on 19 March 2010. Check out replies 2-9 on page one of this thread. Since then it has been kicked around for 12 months and now is getting legs again.I hope we are not having this discussion in another 12 months.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:12 pm »
2011 moms Page 170 Rule 18.12 Australian Classic Motocross and Dirt track Championships.

18.12.1.1 The championships will be run as single meetings at a venue selected by the classic motocross and dirt track commision.

18.12.1.2 Evolution class and pre '85 may be run as part of the Australian classic motocross championship or independently.

I don't think there is any contradiction.

The way I read these is;
18.12.1.1 = The championships are to be run as one-off meetings ie. Not as a series of events.
18.12.1.2 = It is possible to run a separate event for later eras if they are not part of a championship event that excludes them as has happened in the past (W.A. Nats for example).

Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:03:02 pm by 2SEVEN »

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 02:27:20 pm »
maybe we should clean up our displine(rules) before opening more doors. it reads that the championship is a single event then the next rule reads that evolution & pre 85 can run as a championship.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »

I don't think there is any contradiction.
The way I read these is;
18.12.1.1 = The championships are to be run as one-off meetings ie. Not as a series of events.
18.12.1.2 = It is possible to run a separate event for later eras if they are not part of a championship event that excludes them as has happened in the past (W.A. Nats for example).

Cheers
Shaun

in all fairness thats not what it says, you have had to add your own words to the end of the actual wording,  so it makes some sence to your interpretation.  IT could be made a lot clearer is all we are saying
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:13:05 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

firko

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »
This needs to happen folks. Anybody who's attended an Aussie Classic Motocross Championship over the last few years would know that this is a no brainer. The sport has already outgrown the 'one weekend' format and will only get worse. The pre 75 faction of the sport may be in slight decline but it still produces a large entry in all classes at Nats time. For over twenty years this has worked fine but the addition of Evo, pre 85 and eventually pre 90-all classes growing in numbers, the Nats has now become too too big for any given weekend.  

I think that part of the problem relating to the Metcher proposal being knocked back by both Sydney based clubs was a lack of understanding of the ramifications of the split and that the proposal wasn't fully discussed with the clubs rank and file at club meeting level. Because of that lack of knowledge the proposal was voted against. What seems to be causing confusion is that some people that I've spoken to have assumed that the split will affect all VMX and VDT events but in truth the proposal only covers the Australian Classic Motocross Championships, all other classic motocross and dirt track events are not affected at all.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:15:03 pm by firko »

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 08:41:22 pm »
So in a nutshell, the new proposal is to make it a mandatory split between the two era's for 2012, as opposed to the current "option" of the club/promoter making the decision as to wheather to split the eras or not ?
How would this affect the costs to clubs who  run the later era event, would MA be "double dipping" on the fees to run two seperate Australian title events ?
Will it be viable for clubs to run an event with potentially half the entries of the past, but still having to cough up the same costs to run the event?

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 08:44:43 pm »
this might help,

HELLO!
this is a social website" thats all " and nothing will come of the ramblings on here!!!!! nobody from MA or your state body are watching and if they are, they are not chartered to make up the rules as they go, so stop your whinging and take the changes and Cols proposal to YOUR club if that's what you support, but its to late too little now, oh well maybe 2014 we might get off our arses.

Simple.

Cheers Trev

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 08:33:58 am »
2011 MOMS cancelled 18.7.11.1.and 18.12.1.1&2 are contradictory. 

I guess I need to get a new manual.

So who draws up the final wording of these rules?
Doesn't anybody check for the contradictions they seem to make through out the book.
MA shouldn't need to rely on submissions from clubs to fix some of the bleeding obvious contradictions
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/