Author Topic: Penrith Club Charity Meeting-Magoo.  (Read 36382 times)

firko

Re: Penrith Club Charity Meeting-Magoo.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »
Seeing you're having a ride Pete, I may just enter and chuck a few skids on the Cheney and TM400 myself, injuries permitting of course. I'll try and talk Bernie and his bro Chris into giving it a burl too............... ;D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »
Hey mr tertell [reminds me of a dad joke] just check www.nepeanraceway.com.au occasionally or st georgemcc's site and something will turn up, or if you go to the "King of Nepean" meet check with any Penrith club member they will supply the necessary info. cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »
Hey mr tertell [reminds me of a dad joke] just check www.nepeanraceway.com.au occasionally or st georgemcc's site and something will turn up, or if you go to the "King of Nepean" meet check with any Penrith club member they will supply the necessary info. cheers pancho.

Thanks Mr P.o.n.c.h.o, i will keep my ear out and i like good dad jokes, so did magoo, thats how i got the tertell name :D ;)
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
any news yet we are getting closer to the date 31jul/1aug

Curly3

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »
Shite, I need to extract a digit.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »
it`s the last weekend in july and the first weekend in august??i think.. like you curly3 it would be good to know as someone needs to return a trophy!

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »
Don't worry the trophy will be there on the day.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »
david
just in time for you to win it again
see you sunday

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 06:16:51 AM »
Hi Jim,
Dont like my chances this year but I will have a crack ,52 reckons it is his turn to take it home if his new weapon goes the distance? ;D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
I was at the Nepean working bee this morning and the track is excellent. It will be a great  event next weekend [King of Nepean] I hope we see some stars on sliders turn up to show the chook chasers how it's done. cheers. pancho

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
pancho any penrith members there.any info on the the bruce mac weekend?

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 11:27:31 PM »
Yes micks the usual suspects were there, didn't hear  a lot off discussion re the Magoo event except that it looks like being big. The track looks great- credit to Dennis and his grader. cheers pancho

Offline nifty

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
Hey Turtle,
I forwarded a flyer promoting the event to Heaven commitee last week asking that it be forwarded out to all members via email. This is a Heaven invite event, hopefully the members should see it soon, let me know if you get it.
Nifty.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »
I have heard that not all the Heaven riders are aware of details of the event. I hope others can pass on the details :WHEN 31st July&1st August. WHAT pre '75 25 lapper and pre 85 lap events Sat. Then various events Sunday pre '85. WHERE Nepean Raceway, Rickards rd. Castlereagh. Promoted and run by City Of Penrith MCC. Be there or be square. Also details are on Nepean Raceway and St George web sites.  cheers pancho

firko

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »
Wally, last week at the request of Penrith president Mark Peatman I sent a detailed letter to HEAVENs president Dan mapping out the hope that HEAVEN can get behind this event. I emphasised that not only would we be assisting the Magoo family and Cancer research charities, it's also be a great opportunity for motocross oriented HEAVEN members who've never experienced  dirt track to give it a shot. Penrith club, which in the past has been a mainly pre '75 based club have, for the first time opened up the program to include pre '85 and EVO classes in a bid to encourage HEAVEN members. This could well be the first step in healing the previous 'problems' that existed between both clubs.

I'll declare here also that I'm not a member of either Penrith or HEAVEN. I'm helping purely to assist a meeting for our old mate Magoos family and for the good of the NSW vintage movement. Our sports too small to have two clubs with similar charter working against each other. I'm hoping this will be the first step in future coordination between both clubs.