Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75191 times)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2008, 12:05:06 am »
Hi Gorby, Dont know who you are, but you are a gem !! Old boy on the slow boat to China tonight with many an MX traveller/competitor as company, tipping there wont be a lot of sleep to be had, so watch out for those weary travellers with bags under the eyes from the main land, who will be keen to check out your set up, see you myself on Saturday. I think the lad up stairs must be a MX god, who has blessed you with the pleasant weather forecast. Have the coffee pot on.

MX Mum #54

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2008, 07:19:21 am »
Ah Damn it!! This is sounding so good already. It has the warm and fuzzy CD5 vibe about it!
There's something so blokey about being on a boat with likeminded souls en route to an adventure; not to be confused with the Gallipoli cruise...
Lots of drinking, games of Twister, singing sea shantys...why am I still here?!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2008, 11:08:02 am »
heres the weather forecast,hope it proves to be correct :)
We met some WA entrants today,they were all rugged up and we were in shirts ;)[/color]

Hey Gorby thanks for the update.
It's only 4 degree warmer here. ::)
Bring on CD6 and 2009 Nationals

Best is in the West !!

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2008, 02:37:27 pm »
You guys are getting publicity from all angles.
I was looking thru my mum's national pensioner newspaper called the "Senior" (& no its not about you Nathan) and in it is a story about Qld legend Col Metcher and other over 70's going to compete in the Aussie VMX titles in Tasmania! They refer readers to the MA website for more detailed info.
GO COL!

firko

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2008, 09:51:05 am »
Ive heard a rumor that next years Nats will be at Conandale, Qld. Can anybody enlarge on that?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2008, 10:29:25 am »
We too have heard this.
We bought a good size trailer base/axles wheels etc to work on, so we can head that way and check out some dirt track events too.Thats the plan anyway.
Best is in the West !!

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2008, 11:46:08 am »
Awsome! road trip! should be mended for that one.. great track too!
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2008, 09:15:31 pm »
First day worked out ok,we were fogbound until after 11am .scruttineering and all the practise went ok without too many problems,the first few bikes almost got knocked back because the footpegs did not self return.
it was due to them being iced up. :) true story.
A few were disgruntled about having to fit sprocket covers(can't really see how your foot could get in there) but rules are rules.
Most other problems were people not reading the regs on the class prefixes and back numbers.
the noise testing was done by random draw and I am not sure of the results,I asked for my bike(XL350) to be tested and it went to 98.9db with a large late model muffler on it.
The competitors whom I spoke to seemed pretty happy,except for a couple of big bore types who longed for the wide open spaces.the track had one of the chicanes modified for safety reasons.
We called for flag marshalls for practise and were swamped with offers :o Lets hope they are as keen tomorrow.
met up with some dodgy characters by the name of freaky and rossvicki so far.Will have to track down
2 shocks.
Just finished fitting a new gearchange shaft to fatboys honda and I am getting weary,better put the head down,
another update will come tomorrow.

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2008, 09:23:28 pm »
thursday pics(left camera at track :-[ )

pit area

lookin at start

start line

start board big enough?

finish line

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2008, 09:54:29 pm »
Look out for the 54 Maico and u will find 2 shocks, thats my mum.. we will be there in the morning! CAnt wait.
My brother on the 54 maico said it was real tight on the big bore 490!
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:24 pm »
Gorby thanks so much for these up dates . :-*
It must be good if the flaggies are keen,
Give Rossvicki and Freaky a slap for me as I'm jealous as.
cheers from WA
ps more fog coming your way tomorrow
Best is in the West !!

ianscr250

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2008, 12:19:48 am »
this has to suck being in west aus growing up in tas and not being able to play in the mud with the other kids  hope it all goes well guys

and someone slap ross for me

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2008, 02:18:28 am »
and while you're all slappin! give freaky another for me! ;D
those pics look real choice Gorby.
thanks heaps for the updates, will watch with interest.

as for 09 conondale, i heard earlier in the year they put in an application for it but am yet to hear it confirmed. am hopefull it will be.
"flat bickie"

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2008, 08:03:39 pm »
day two update.
the fog lifted early,(ice formed on the bunting)cool but the sunshine came thru.
There was a couple of sighting laps for each rider due to some mods to the treacherous first turn and the removal of a tight chicane.
The first three races run without a last lap board but apart from that it all ran pretty good,
only one or two false starts due to riders fouling the bungee and one red flagged race due to the transponder reciever losing power.
my job was bunting repairer and I was kept very busy.
a rider went down hard and the ambos rushed to him while the yellow flag went out but most of the riders
would not slow down.
They slowed when I stood on the top of the jump swinging orange bunting sticks at them ;D then the red flag went out,the rider walked away in the end so it ended up ok.

We ran two rounds of 21 races and finished just as the light was fading,and it had chilled off.

Freaky had a flat tyre in one heat and put another wheel in for the next but had an issue with the brake arm hitting the axle and ....no brakes...but he was still enjoying himself

congratulations to the WA guys for this effort in getting here,their container arrived late and the last bike was assembled almost in the dark on thursday night.

some more pics soon

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2008, 08:21:40 pm »
more pics from tas