Author Topic: New joiner in Hobart.  (Read 6473 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New joiner in Hobart.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 03:06:27 pm »
WA where men are men and sheep are nervous!!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Hakans beer stop

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:21 pm »
Hawkan BS,  welcome.

Being from the twin-shock group in the UK, you may be able to help us out.  A group of us are going over to Farleigh Castle in September to ride, and would like to arrange some bikes over there to lease/hire for the week (to include a practice somewhere).

Do you have any contacts within the twin-shock fraternity who would be happy to lease out their bikes and become "honorary aussies" for the FC event?

Hi Pirie593,

To be honest, I'm a bit out of touch with the Twinshock/Evo scene back in uk now (last race I did was Farleigh Castle 2007). I think possibly the best course of action would be to post your plans in the Vintage section of the following website:

http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk

I have a friend who posts on there, who goes by the name RM370A.
He's a good lad, & I know he is still actively riding/fixing twinshocks and might be worth asking him about availability of bikes. He'll certainly know where the practise tracks are.

There are some other very helpful/knowledgeable folk who post on there that I have met at Farleigh in past years. These would include Mr Avago, Know all Curtis, KSIThumper, Grouty, Rupsol.
I can't say these folk would necessarily remember me tbh.
But they're the type of folk who in my experience would alway try to help, & may be able to point you in the right direction at least.

Sorry I can't give you any specific help. But like I say, I it's been a fair while since I was fully "in the scene".

Rgds,
Nathan (HBS)

Offline Hakans beer stop

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 08:49:19 am »
Hawkan BS,  welcome.

Being from the twin-shock group in the UK, you may be able to help us out.  A group of us are going over to Farleigh Castle in September to ride, and would like to arrange some bikes over there to lease/hire for the week (to include a practice somewhere).

Do you have any contacts within the twin-shock fraternity who would be happy to lease out their bikes and become "honorary aussies" for the FC event?

Hi Pirie593,

To be honest, I'm a bit out of touch with the Twinshock/Evo scene back in uk now (last race I did was Farleigh Castle 2007). I think possibly the best course of action would be to post your plans in the Vintage section of the following website:

http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk

I have a friend who posts on there, who goes by the name RM370A.
He's a good lad, & I know he is still actively riding/fixing twinshocks and might be worth asking him about availability of bikes. He'll certainly know where the practise tracks are.

There are some other very helpful/knowledgeable folk who post on there that I have met at Farleigh in past years. These would include Mr Avago, Know all Curtis, KSIThumper, Grouty, Rupsol.
I can't say these folk would necessarily remember me tbh.
But they're the type of folk who in my experience would alway try to help, & may be able to point you in the right direction at least.

Sorry I can't give you any specific help. But like I say, I it's been a fair while since I was fully "in the scene".

Rgds,
Nathan (HBS)

Hi Pirie 593,

I've been in touch with my mate RM370B (I made a mistake and to you his VMX forum name was RM370A), and he has suggested I give you his contact details as he may be in a position to be of help.
So please check my response to your recent pm.

Rgds,
Nathan (HBS).

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:57:15 am by Hakans beer stop »

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 10:56:12 am »
Hi Nathan, If you can make it up to any of the rounds up north I'll lend you a bike . It will be nice to have someone at the back of the pack I get lonely back there ,havent been laped though. Iainyz (Iain Cameron)
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Hakans beer stop

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 11:56:17 am »

Thanks Iain, that'd be great!  :)
Perhaps I could send you a pm to arrange a meeting which you'll be attending?

I'll be looking forward to sightseeing the north of Tas whilst pootling around at the back of the race! :)

Thanks,
Nathan. (HBS)