Author Topic: Honda for Magoo  (Read 10362 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Honda for Magoo
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 10:57:20 pm »
Have a nice Skyway chamber and silencer for a  Suzuki TM250.
PM me if you are keen and I will send a pic or two via e-mail -  not had much success gettings pics up on the forum.
Proceeds to Mr Magoo.  Auction to finish Friday 19th Feb.Thanks.

PM sent cheers WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 10:58:38 pm »
I'm in for a gold DID x-ring chain, tell us what size and where to send it.  ;)
PM address if you like.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

firko

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 11:34:05 pm »
Cheers mare.....PM sent.

XS ive B/Rad

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 09:24:11 pm »
G'day All

Brad Fisher here, I didn't realise just how crook the Magoo is, so great initiative by Firko! Magoo's dad passed away today, so it is still falling his way, AND I have not caught up with him over this, but any self employed bloke having so much time off can only lead to hardship for Anne and the kids. So I would like to support Firko's call to arms. When I was involved with HVMX many years ago Bruce Mac always had the best interests of everybody at heart, he was strongly supportive of fund raising events for many charities, he gave so much of himslef tirelessly and put in a great deal of effort and at great personal cost to himself. I will never forget that at the 11th hour the trophies for the years events failed to materialise, Bruce came to the rescue with the 2003 number plates which he worked at night and day with only a few weeks notice.

Bruce was always taking time off work to set up tracks, he gave have up racing to be an official often, so if you feel like your racing fee wasn't onerous, for a weekend of racing and fun and you were just able to role up to the many HVMX and Nepean events over those years and was able to just ride, it may be a good time to ponder how much Bruces and the other volunteers work was worth, and throw in an amount to his bank account small or big it doesnt matter every bit will help

I am a bit out of line here, but i would guess that like a lot of self employed people the insurance will be a hassle and maybe not as much as it should be, if he had it, and I know he has a modest home with a mortgage in camden and 3 kids and he and Anne would never ask, and I am guessing they are going to need something until he recovers.

This is so tricky to be doing this, and i feel a bit out of line, because he would never ask, and I am telling you this is a genuine and needy case and unlike a lot of charities 30% won't be going to admin!

Maybe the good people in NSW could organise a few fund raisers. Maybe a show and shine and we can sell some bikes with a percentage of the proceeds going to Bruce. Anyhow maybe Firko and a few others are already working behind the scenes on this?

Lucky he has Hondas they still seem to be fetching more than Bultacos! Still!

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 09:47:16 am »
 Info about the Skyway TM 250 pipe. It was sold to me as a TM250 pipe. I bought it as a potential race pipe for an RH250L. It does fit into the barrel but it exits to the left side of the bike- wrong side for the RH. So I am not sure about the TM fit. Hopefully TM owners will be able to tell. It is straight and in very good cond. There should be some photos up here soon- thanks to another forum member.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:31:08 am »
I'm in for a gold DID x-ring chain, tell us what size and where to send it.  ;)
PM address if you like.

I rang R & D Husky in Emu Plains to arrange for a DID Gold chain to be collected this morning, and paid for on my bankcard. Stefan, who I spoke to, told me to wedge my bankcard, and that he'd be more than happy to donate a chain, so thanks Stefan, and thanks R & D Husky. Also from those who have contacted Magoo yesterday, it sounds as though he's going ok, so fingers crossed for the lad.  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 11:04:16 pm »
I will bring some goodies to the BMCC club day next Sunday, bring ya money, I will sell them at riders briefing...... money goes to Mr Magoo!!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TT

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 11:07:44 pm »
Any chance of a preview??  ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »
There should be some photos up here soon- thanks to another forum member.

Looking forward to them !  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 09:07:29 pm »
At $350 Delivered, going once......

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 07:39:50 pm »
PM me if you are keen and I will send a pic or two via e-mail -  not had much success gettings pics up on the forum.

yep will start it off at $450
cheers S&A WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:00 pm »

yep will start it off at $450
cheers S&A WA

Got a feeling this fellow suzuki27 is off visiting Magoosta at the moment so I'm throwing a few pics up if anyone else is interested. :P  a new one from GMC is about the same price, this one is the real diggee diy old vmx bit  :P not sure either on the time auction ends..

Best is in the West !!

XS ive B/Rad

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 10:18:18 pm »

Great now take the highest bid here Firko and put it on EBAy as a starting price and let everyone know in the world it is to help out a family and may the highest bidder win!

And every cent goes to a good cause, because the audience here is too small, open it up to the world , because Bruce has touched the whole world with his passion for the red devil!

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 09:01:42 am »
Thanks for the help in putting up the photos Steve and Alison.
That is a generous bid for sure. I originally put the finish time as friday 19th, so it looks like the pipe has found a new home. Thanks again and I will PM you about the details.

XS ive B/Rad

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 09:23:55 pm »
has it sold yet or is bidding still going on?