Author Topic: Honda for Magoo  (Read 10366 times)

firko

Honda for Magoo
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »
HELPING OUT A MATE.
As you all no doubt know, our friend Bruce "Magoo" McFarland is going through a pretty tough time of it health wise and because of ongoing treatment he's been unable to work.
In a bid to help Bruce and his family through this difficult time in their lives an anonymous member of the Sydney VMX community has generously donated a completely restored but not quite finished 1979 Honda CR250 to be sold, with all proceeds going to Magoo to help pull him through this tough period.
THE BIKE: 1979 HONDA CR250.
This magnificent machine undergone a ground up rebuild with no expense spared such as:
* The engine has been fully rebuilt using only the best in N.O.S. and aftermarket parts.
*New DG pipe and silencer.
*New Novation swingarm.
*Fully restored and rebuilt '81 Honda 41mm forks.
*New YSS shock absorbers
*Rebuilt wheels with new stainless steel spokes, Excel rims, new bearings.
*New Renthall 'Fat' handlebars and risers.
*New Magura levers.
*New Gunnar Gasser throttle.
*New stainless steel wide pegs.
*New air filter.
*New seat cover
*New plastic all round with spare new side covers.
The frame was stripped to bare metal and powdercoated and the tank was painted with twin pack the correct shade of red to colour match the plastic. New graphics were also fitted and clear coated.There are two each spare OEM brake and clutch cables.
The bike is within a couple of hours hours and a few small parts of completion. All that's needed are :
* A new Keihin (or Mikuni) carb
*A new chain
*A brake arm.
*A chain guide roller
*A few miscalaneous nuts and bolts.
If anybody would like to donate the needed parts (chain, carby, brake stay, chain guide/roller) it'd be going to a good cause.

The bike is being offered for the best offer over $5000 which is a steal considering what's been done to the bike. If interested, PM me and I'll put you in contact with the seller.

IF PURCHASING THE ABOVE HONDA IS A BIT OUT OF YOUR REACH BUT YOU'D STILL LIKE TO HELP MAGOO OUT, PLEASE DONATE A FEW BUCKS INTO HIS ACCOUNT TO HELP THE FAMILY THROUGH THIS HARROWING TIME.
The bank details are : Account name----B&A McFarland       B.S.B.--- 112879  Account # ----050188996

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:06:50 pm by firko »

STW996

Re: Honda for Magoo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »
Great work guy's and a big effort. we up here in Queensland know, respect and love Bruce as being a genuine nice guy and all round good bloke.

Come on you guy's out there lets get behind Bruce and his loving family as they need our help NOW

Shane
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:47:26 am by STW996 »

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:57:05 pm »
I have a 1984 CR250RE NOS Tank still in original packaging to put up for auction, which will include postage to your door!

sale price to go to Magoo's account, will finnish at 10.00pm Sunday Feb 14.

C'mon Guys we all know that Magoo is the first person to put up his hand when someone else needs help, so turn it up!

More stuff to come from me as well, just got to go find some...

TT

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »
I've just blown the budget for a while on car stuff, but I'll do everything I can as well.

Bugger this getting old thing................. all the good blokes are getting crook.................  :(

firko

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 09:32:50 am »
I know we took this auction thing to new heights during the Noel Clark fundraiser and that many of you contributed financially well over and above anything we'd expected. Unfortunately Magoos illness has unexpectedly come along so once again we plead for you to open your wallets to support a bloke that would be first to put his hand up to support you if the situations were reversed.

E74 has kindly donated a new old stock 1984 CR250RE Tank to auction for Noel. Who's first to bid on what must be a very rare item?

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:42:47 am »
Well done Firko for getting things rolling for Magoo and family.

This bike is trully a generous gift to help raise funds for a top bloke and his family and we can all do something to help! so if your up for a mint evo bike get bidding.

Shane, what agreat offer mate!

Cheers Trev

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 09:43:39 am »
i will put $300 up for first bid on the tank.
Cheers Trev
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:04:21 am by worms »

firko

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:36:30 am »
Well done Firko for getting things rolling for Magoo and family.
Thanks for the nice words Trev but I'm a minor member of a small but very dedicated team on this one. Bruce has a number of good mates who are doing as much as they can to assist him both financially and emotionally without making too much of a fuss, as Bruce has requested.
 I guess it's evolving that my contribution to the effort will as the spokesman for those selfless individuals who'd rather remain anonymous. Trust me when I tell you that if I was stuck in a bunker during WW1, I'd want these blokes next to me.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:59:02 am »
How is Mr Magoo today,home or hospital ???
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 11:44:37 am »
Alison, Magoo's back in hospital undergoing further treatment.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 06:12:56 pm »
Have a nice Skyway chamber and silencer for a  Suzuki TM250.
PM me if you are keen and I will send a pic or two via e-mail -  not had much success gettings pics up on the forum.
Proceeds to Mr Magoo.  Auction to finish Friday 19th Feb.Thanks.

oz555ktm

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »

Firko or Can Some One Let me / All of us know

Which Bank do we Need to Go into Firko gave out the Bank account Numbers at
 the start..

Very Happy to Help.

All the Best with the Treatment and Just Ride it out Old Mate .
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:05:15 pm by oz555ktm »

RIBBO

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 07:40:26 pm »
Bruces' bank details are St George then the other details as per Firkos' original post

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:14:20 pm »
Thanks Trev, for letting Magoo and I drink your beer, Umm, use your esky at the Nationals. Got $350 for the RE tank. Birko.
Couple of CR`s

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 10:43:58 pm »
Thanks Trev, for letting Magoo and I drink your beer, Umm, use your esky at the Nationals. Got $350 for the RE tank. Birko.

He's a good sport Magoo. 8) I was passing by Magoo's pit tent at the Nat's ,and dropped into say gidday, there was also (Ken with the gardening hat).   ;D
It took Magoo no time to respond and start yarning,to a complete stranger.
It wasn't the pickup shit ya get with some overbalance dick :-X.
Content VMX souls Snowy and Magoo.  ;D
Get well soon.  :-*
cheers
Best is in the West !!