Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 127822 times)

Re: The Nats
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2010, 10:58:52 PM »
I have made noises about splitting them up a few times. I am in favour of two annual events. I would also like to go to both but would have to choose the one I favoured if I couldn't make both due to time/ money issues etc. It would bring them back to a two day event. Less time issues. Tracks to suit the eras. Oh to live in a perfect world. I must say I would be pretty lonely in that perfect world  :P
Time for a thread split?
Be easier to change the heading  ::)

Old Husky

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2010, 11:04:14 PM »
Nathan, I only had a Pre 75 400 Husky and my Pre 65 250 Husky at Conondale, no Pre70 bikes.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »
after all thats what we pay licence fees for every year.

No it's not, clubs should run events not MA.
Sorry back to bagging the track that hasn't been built yet.

Really well so far ive sean sweet FA for my $200 or whatever the seniors is now, my club does every thing, and pays a shiitte load of fees to those hangon's and they do Jack.  My club Run all rounds of the Dirt track series, if it was up to MASA it would have been extinct both modern and classic over 4 years ago.  
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
Nathan, I only had a Pre 75 400 Husky and my Pre 65 250 Husky at Conondale, no Pre70 bikes.

OK. So why did you race your pre-65 bike with the pre-75s, rather than in the combined pre-65/pre-70 race?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2010, 12:04:20 AM »
Allison - I think at a club level pre 75 and pre 85 can be combined although it doesn't have to be (ie different days and tracks if need be to keep the purests happy) - however try running pre 90 back to God knows what at a Nats and length of race, number of races and every other type of logistical problem raises it's ugly head (including separate tracks).  The idea best thought of so far is say Saturday for pre 75/78 (take your pick IMHO) and Sunday for the rest of also rans (can you tell where my allegiance lies  ;D).  But it's just getting TOO BIG.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2010, 12:27:10 AM »
Pre 90 isn't included. Pre '85 is it at a national level.
If it were 2 events that would be more dollars... would it not?
You guys are mixing shit up now. One minute you are talking nats, then club days. The two are very different. Just talking about splitting the nats, not club days. You can do right up to  pre 90 on a club day as there aren't the numbers and are always combined.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2010, 04:07:26 AM »
hey Brad - read a bit slower - I was answering Allison's comment re running everything together - possible at club ie smaller number levels but becomes increasingly difficult with more numbers ie Nats - not talking club days!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2010, 06:53:50 AM »
here are some facts( after being in the firing line)

MA controlls the Nationals

MA set the rules(GCR's) which cover track design and layout, must be approved to run the event.........................................

MA will not allow a seperation of the titles and determins the class's that are run.....even to say up too the last minute before competition starts ( fact as this is what happened)

MA take no responsability as to determination of the GCR's and enforce the Steward or Clerk of Course to sort out this mess. proof in the fact that the multipule entry rule was overturned at the last minute because it is not in the GCR's, therefore you may enter a pre 75 in every class up to pre 85, no sense in this but that was the final decision,ie i bike 33 races

MA set the dates, funny how convienant it is for them that they can send out info with the handbook, has this ever been offered before? and why did it take so long for MA to finally approved our date last year
every year its the same thing, tracks no good, only 3 lap races, folding footpegs, young racers,

How about we all just turn up and accept the clubs are doing their best

Next big ? will MA now offer them same help to the event 2011 and onwards. or is it just the select?
Cheers Worms

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »
Sorry guys. I was talking generally, not specifically to your two posts. The thread in general seemed to sway between club level and national level at different points.
Interesting points Trev.
Actually I am going to ban myself from posting after midnight. Tired and posting, not a good combo. It looks so angry ::)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
Go chainsaw some more trees up Brad, do your bit for the enviroment. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

albrid-3

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2010, 06:39:52 PM »
we had this problem and answers, ideas,question when pre 80 was getting to large. now its pre85, pre90, in five years it will be pre98, where do you stop.
It needs to be work out, if not, we will kill this sport with too much politic, and just be satified with what we have and improve our meetings with better tracks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:47:37 PM by Dot »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
I've een reading this thread for a few days now ad it's not going anywhere(go back to the start and read it again and you'll get what I mean)
It's not that hard guys, walk into a paddock, look around at the terrain and then walk  around with some pegs and tape and presto!! you have a scramble!! then you put a fence around it, put in a start gate and make a few jumpsright where the spectators are and next thing you know, the whole place is stuffed and you either have to find a new paddock or put up with what you have, or ring in a 'dozer and make it what you want-there goes the grass and natural terrain.
There is no reason you can't run different classes on the same circuit with som mods here and there, cut that hill out or that creek out etc etc....They did it when there were juniors and heaven forebid even for the holy sidecars..Take out the bits that are deamed too hard or too rough, use whitches hats if you have to, to put the earlier bikes around the rough ruts made by the later evo bikes- just make some races and let us ride-that's why we come ad pay for chris sake. And stop bitchen' or they will pack up and take their ball home!!!!

Old Husky

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »
Nathan, I am 60 years of age, I was entered in the Pre 65 250 class, mostly old men on old bikes, as this class was dropped, I had the option of the Pre 70 250 class or the Pre 75 250 60+ class, I went for the latter.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
Nathan, I am 60 years of age, I was entered in the Pre 65 250 class, mostly old men on old bikes, as this class was dropped, I had the option of the Pre 70 250 class or the Pre 75 250 60+ class, I went for the latter.

Fair enough.
The pre-70 250 class was hardly over-run with youngsters - I'm pretty sure I was the youngest at 33, and the fast guys in the class all seemed to be in their 50s.

Are you sure that you couldn't have run pre-70 250 and pre-75 age race? I know about the one bike = one class rule at the Nats, but age races don't really fit that rule so maybe it could have happened?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

albrid-3

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »
Connondale was to me, great race meeting from pre 65 to pre90, it worked well, l would have like to see a tractor with a smugger at one stage, but instead they watered it to much, but at the end of the day it work well. EML, i agree, it does not take much to find a paddock that a farmer knows that MA Australia has a 2o million dollars cover insurance, Peg a track out, get the help from a near by town, service clubs devote there time give them a donation and it will all work out. Design the track in the eurpean way long and flowing, wide, make the corner flowing not stop and start corners, long fast straights, up and down hills through creeks, if you have one, and you have just created a track that will suit all makes and model.