Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 127381 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Nats
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
Hey odd1, 200 riders @ $150 a pop is $30,000 my friend and thats without people riding 2,3 4 or whatever amount of bikes they want. I think that leaves a little bit for a dozer and a bobcat!!!!, dont you think? I know it costs alot too run a meet but if MA and MV want too hijack 2 big events in 2 weekends then they can afford to tip some dough ray me in and make the track how it should be after all thats what we pay licence fees for every year. You would shit your pants if you new how much money some of these organisations make every year!!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »
and where the bloody hell is Raymond Terrace (Laura Bingle) how many people have been to a repeat Nats there  ;D   ??? 
Best is in the West !!

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »
Your right that is a lot of money But I can tell you now by the time you start organizing tiolets /pumpouts /lights /insurance/police permits you will be suprised how quickly you can burn through thirty Grand

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »
and where the bloody hell is Raymond Terrace (Laura Bingle) how many people have been to a repeat Nats there  ;D   ??? 
Thats why these forums suck sometimes. Things are missed all the time (me included of course). Raymond Terrace had Classic Dirt, not a nats which is my point. What nats track was shite to warrant this 5 page debacle?

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2010, 09:09:36 PM »
after all thats what we pay licence fees for every year.

No it's not, clubs should run events not MA.
Sorry back to bagging the track that hasn't been built yet.
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »
I'd like to CONGRATULATE the Preston MC Club for putting this event on and being the  brave party involved with running a National Title along with MA.
Best Wishes to Preston MCC before and after the event.  8)
Support it or it will be gone.
cheers Alison in WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »
Odd1 - I think maybe you have missed some of the points - VMX is growing so much that having to fit in so many eras over a full weekend is making for short races.  If the track "opinions" are factored in as well maybe there is more justification for pre xx and post xx at different tracks at different times!!!!

Then those with both bikes could still make it - allowing for travel costs as well.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »

My 'outside' view is that the 'Nationals' could be (should be) still held every year but bi-yearly for the different 'class eras'. In other words, the Pre60, Pre65, Pre70 and Pre75 classes (including sidecars) plus 'age group races' could be raced the first year on a track that is "suitable" for those eras. The following year the 'Nationals' would be held for the Pre78, Evo, Pre85 and (when/if) Pre90 classes, on a track more suited to those bikes.

Another idea worthy of consideration DJ, well thought out. As an aside, have VMX Livewire ever canvassed the possibility of having a one-weekend NZ VMX champs ?
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
Well maybe someone should put it to MA and see what the reaction is because unless someone asks we 'll never know

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
The Livewire guys wouldnt run a one off National titles because it would go against what they run now, which is a series of five rounds. We do have 'one off meetings' that at the end of the day the winners walk off with big cups. They need to be big too so everyone gets a drink or two out of them.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »
I cant Wait for the Nats & HBBB .I'm saving up as much as i can to ride as many bikes at HBBB so that i know where every beer tent is for the Nats . Nah i'm not really in gonna be at the pointy end but i have ride this Nats coz i dont know if i can make it to the next one . I think us Mexicans should organize a ride School at Broadford and run the track in reverse in March ??.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 10:06:34 PM »
Let's remember CD4 at Broadford - nary a jump to be seen. Its clear that Broadford can be modified to be old bike friendly.

Sorry back to bagging the track that hasn't been built yet.

:lol:

Hilly, you're alive! Excellent news (particularly for you, I'm sure...). Grogs at BBB?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »
I'm sorry Nathan but by Easter i plan on being a 80Kg devout Atheist who doesnt Drink,Smoke or Ogle Woman and can ride like the wind .On second thoughts i might get on the piss and ride like a bloke who drank too much the night before . So your on even though i will be in training for the next weekend .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2010, 10:50:09 PM »
My 'outside' view is that the 'Nationals' could be (should be) still held every year but bi-yearly for the different 'class eras'. In other words, the Pre60, Pre65, Pre70 and Pre75 classes (including sidecars) plus 'age group races' could be raced the first year on a track that is "suitable" for those eras. The following year the 'Nationals' would be held for the Pre78, Evo, Pre85 and (when/if) Pre90 classes, on a track more suited to those bikes.
Another idea worthy of consideration DJ, well thought out. As an aside, have VMX Livewire ever canvassed the possibility of having a one-weekend NZ VMX champs ?

Over a period of years( say 5 Nats time) would it not become young and old at each event.
I believe we need to keep the pre75 with the young pre 85/90   :-X   so they can be educated in eligibility etc..The shifting tides will turn if we are not careful.Its probably inevitable anyway in the future. :(
cheers

I dont see why it would become that.  It may help the older class bikes when younger guys want to ride the Nationals the year the older bikes are raced. Likewise with the newer bikes, and most of us older folk know the newer bikes are more comfortable to race so that may entice them to ride the newer bikes. But in saying that, lots of the guys in this forum have modern bikes so I dont see a problem with that.
Its also funny when a "competition" like the Nationals can make an older guy young again and if we dont promote the older bikes then yes, they will slowly disappear, but if they have their own "Nationals" then isnt that cememting them for the future?
Have the bikes, have the right track, have a good competition and riders of all ages will want to race.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
DJ (and GD), I reckon the idea of splitting pre-75 (or pre-78 as I'd prefer) from the later old bikes is inevitable.

Is there are reason you think running the 'early VMX' Nationals on alternate years to the 'late VMX' Nationals is preferable to simply having two seperate events in the one year?

Time for a thread split?

Hilly, At 80kgs, how are you going to teach the YZ400 who's boss? Definitely best to keep up the current fitness programme. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:58:39 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.