Author Topic: BSA HONDA  (Read 9181 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: BSA HONDA
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 10:44:57 pm »

Seat is genius, tall option for MX and then whip it off and fit a pony pad for trials
formerly Marc.com

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 11:50:53 pm »
VMX mag issue 40 page 25 bottom left hand corner the bike in the pic looks very close to the pic you've put up here Marc. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 02:05:48 am »
VMX mag issue 40 page 25 bottom left hand corner the bike in the pic looks very close to the pic you've put up here Marc. jimson

thats probably not surprising  ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 02:14:02 am »
I will find out what frame they used for you
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 10:32:03 am »
I've got a very low use (85 genuine miles from new)305 Honda C77 engine that's a mates Dad bought as a wrecked Honda Dream in 1962, intending to build a road racer. He never got to the project and it sat under his bench for 40 years until his son gave it to me a few years ago. It's still got the original oil and spark plugs! I've attempted to fit the motor to my Cotton, Bultaco Metisse and little Hindall frames but the projects never got past first base for a variety of technical reasons. I spotted the Yetman article (below)on the Eurospares website and have had my American spys searching for one ever since. I came close last year but the seller figured I was a rich foreign collector and bunged a stupid price (7k for a rusty, basket case fitted with a wrong and siezed later CB250 engine) Another bare frame went for $400 on the Swapmeet a couple of years ago but I was too late. I've got enough to keep me going for a while so I'll hang out for the right Yetman that'll eventually show up.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.eurospares.com/graphics/Yetman/BolgerYetmanHonda670875.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.eurospares.com/graphics.htm&usg=__axdkI8o5YERjtwFDpN7viBzMWXQ=&h=872&w=658&sz=125&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=-YQV_achdhk8QM:&tbnh=146&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3DYetman%2BHonda%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:50:08 am by firko »

albrid-3

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2009, 09:32:59 pm »
Nice Frame and Very Nice bike, l would race that

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 09:16:58 pm »
G'day Marc the penny just dropped it is you that did the Jap article on VMX in Japan in the latest VMX mag good work  ;)  looks like there was lots of different bikes to look at you lucky bugger  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 11:50:24 pm »
Yeah I was a little surprised at the amount of Honda twins that were running. But really I think they are pretty non competitive so people bring the interesting bikes rather than class winners. I am talking to some guys who built alot of the works alloy gas tanks, so might get something....glad you liked the story, I enjoyed doing it. ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 11:17:43 am »
You realize JI wont ever talk to you now you had an an article "PUBLISHED" in VMX mag Marc, can you live with yourself?, good article though. You should be able to get some good contacts over their.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 01:14:00 pm »
Thanks for that I was trying to do an interesting piece that had a few cool bikes, and of course give some recognition of how far the local scene has come in 10 years. There seems to be a lot of interest in the Hondas, I also liked them so I will find out more. As for getting published, I didn't have any great expectation as I am not a crazy expert photographer, but I write a lot of market reports so that part was easy for me. I tried to bring something interesting and a little different, glad you like it.

formerly Marc.com

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 01:23:49 pm »
i think ive offened ji gantor too ,he seems to have taken his duct tape and gone missing again .maybee its time to put my news years resolution in place , btw nice piece marc

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 02:18:43 pm »
thanks Paul however I am not that familiar with JI and not sure why he would be offended. Anyway I have access to a few interesting bikes and am getting an impression of what be interesting to everyone else. The Honda twins are running big bore kits (I think RSC) and a lot of fruit. Interesting alternative to Ricky or Cheney.
formerly Marc.com