Author Topic: Deals Gone Bad-For the Benefit of a Legend  (Read 8169 times)

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
Re: Deals Gone Bad-For the Benefit of a Legend
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 10:45:18 am »
Deal with the issue privately, tell your mates if you want, but I don't think this forum is the place to air such disagreements.
Mike

Mick

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 11:25:55 am »
I would say that is a bad move buzzmond, there could be many reason's, I mean have you spoken to him in person or on the phone, if he is so well known like you say then you would know his real name from around the meets, its not to hard to then get his number and have a chat,,,well thats the way I would go about it first.

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:58:16 am by Mick »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 12:04:53 pm »
Buzzmond now post something that is of some genuine enlightenment to forum users. Like what's you restoring? what you got that may help somebodies resto or racer, what classes or competitions you do or intend to ride ,  secret health and exercise regimes (OK personally that's not bloody usefull... :P)  just acknowledge your interest in Vintage/Classic dirtbikes, not set up a Non de Plume just to bag out some personal forum user even if it may seem justified. Tim754 (aka Tim Derrick)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2009, 01:31:40 pm »
Firko , I  did not put up my post  to get the weekend entertainment
I realise that Walter and also know that you do cop more than a fair share of crap from others. I was speaking generally, not specifically about you or anyone in particular.

However, there are some people who get great joy out of seeing others copping shit so why should someones private business become their entertainment? I've had a couple of well followed stoushes with fellow forum members that kept some people entertained for days. No more. If I have a problem with someone I deal with it offline via PMs or phonecalls. My forum criticisms of a certain brand of swingarm was reported to the maker by a forum member purely to spark up a situation for the dobbers entertainment. My very public and ugly dispute with Rick Doughty was also prompted by a certain forum stirrer alerting Mr Doughty and sitting back to watch the resulting fireworks.
As you know, there are no winners in situations like this Walter and I've  now learned the hard way to avoid these public confrontations as much as possible. A mate once told my that my biggest problem is that I defend myself to these dicks when I should be ignoring them. Quite possibly you should take the same good advice and take it offline to save yourself any more public grief. Arguing the point and dragging these disputes into a drawn out public shitfest achieves nothing. Buzzmonds evocative post will, mark my words end up in the same bun fight and nothing will be gained except to entertain the few sad cases who love this stuff.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 02:40:28 pm »
but Firko - often there are 2 reasons for "outing" somebody.  Firstly the personal one - if you have tried all avenues as you have discussed and reached nowhere there aren't too many avenues left - but then should OZVMX be that avenue???  Secondly what about warning others.  I was stung by a certain ebay member - advised very politely people to watch out and lo and behold one person didn't take note and was stung exactly the same way - wanting to alert other members is also a point of this type of advice also.

just a thought because it is a very fine line.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 09:09:37 pm »
Funny.
 If it was me that started this thread, I would not have hidden behind a forum name that no one knows . I certainly would not have started another alias to vent this issue. And if I was a newby I would have posted my full name.
If I was the accused, I again would come straight away protesting my innocence . Maybe because I wear my heart on my sleeve, or that if I state something, it SHOULD be how it is. Straight up is how it should be.
Hopefully this is as far as it needs to go and an amicable solution can be reached off line.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 07:32:43 am »
I offered my view on how I thought this needed to go. The concensus opinion seems to agree that this is not the place for this kind of grievance to be aired.

The accused party has contacted me, almost immediately I commented. He hasn't made any claims or statements about what happened, rather he offered to discuss should things continue. So far, that doesn't appear to have happened. It's still my view it's a private matter. So, this thread is closed.