Author Topic: Deals Gone Bad-For the Benefit of a Legend  (Read 8171 times)

lc4

Re: Deals Gone Bad-For the Benefit of a Legend
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 07:40:49 pm »
If you are 101% sure that you have been ripped I think name the prick. I see this sort of thing in business all the time and 9 out of 10 times the pricks walk away with no repucutions

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 07:57:08 pm »
OK, here's the deal. I know how bloody annoying it is having someone stuff you around on a deal. But... I have no idea how legit your claims are. I also haven't heard the other side of the story. Now, I am not one for hiding behind anonymity and have always been reasonably open with how this forum goes. But. I have also had my share of accusations and threats of legal action.

So, I am not entirely comfortable with your plan. Outing a person from eBay who conducts a legitimate business but who is failing his customers is one thing. Making allegations against someone for a private deal gone wrong is another. It's my view that such a thing is between you and him. I certainly have no plans for the forum to become everyone's personal clearing house.

I'm not saying I don't sympathise, and I am not taking the 'other' side. I'm just looking out for my own interests, and those of the 'community'.  How about before you do anything rash, you PM me the forum name of the guy concerned and what you allege to have happened, and I'll contact him privately myself for the other side of the story. After which I post a summary of the situation and we ask the forum to decide the course of action.

Howzzat sound?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 08:16:18 pm »
Go for it, but as graeme said where ther is one there is 3 more, well that i can think of anyway, say somthing and 10 mins later there emailing legal threats all over the place.

Why dont you host it on another blog site or similar and just put up the link ?  that way any defamation content is offsite and its a case of just posting a look what this other site says ???  then let it flame up in there
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mainline

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »
If there is going to be a public stoning, could I please put my order in now for a packet of gravel and half a dozen of the pointy ones?

Seriously though Graeme, do you want to get in the middle?

I'd like to know if there's someone dodgy to avoid dealing with, but I have no idea of the legalities of making acusations of a personal nature on a public forum. Tread carefully methinketh.

ted

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 09:08:38 pm »
Faaaaaaaark if we are gonna have an outing i`ll throw a name in the mix.........

ted

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:47 pm »
So Wasp what you are basically saying is that the average vmx`er should send a purchase order with their pissy little plating / painting or whatever  job

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:50 pm »
Just checked my email ...relief :D it is not me* ...bugger how sweet that could have turned out ::)
*then again I would not be driving 164.65 km to post something from the Melbourne GPO. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:52:01 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Rosco400

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 01:02:20 am »
Very qiuick to jump to a conclusion. Buzzmond has 2 posts on the board compared to our legend rip off artist. Make sure the facts are correct, judge Judy would sort it out quicker than 2 to 3 months tho :-*

DR

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 03:26:47 am »
I agree if you are going to post this type of thing you need to use real names and supply real documented 'facts' otherwise you're leaving yourself wide open to litigation. Always 3 sides to every story, yours, theirs and the truth that lay somewhere in between. I don't really think the forum is the place for retaliation but I'll go with the majority ;)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 05:25:04 am »
the CIB have just released a identakit pic from cctv footage  ,id say it was a queenslander ,they stole classic dirt so ,i wouldnt put any thing past them.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:26:41 am by paul »

shoey

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 06:26:33 am »
Thats bloody funny Paul  ;D

All Things 414

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 06:32:39 am »
God that's scary. Where can I get one (or a dozen?)
I think this guy's about to make a dick of himself...... ;)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 08:54:50 am »
Hi Wasp. Have you tried to get money out of deads**ts through the legal system. I have it dosn't work. Mine ignored the court then after 6 months declared bankrupt >:( :o.

firko

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 10:08:05 am »
Outing somebody on a public forum, whatever their alleged 'crime' is, is straddling a very thin line between creating a get even pay back for the 'outer' and forever marking the 'outee' as dodgy or dishonest, no matter how well he explains  his situation. Mud sticks.

I see the cries for the alleged 'dodgy' sellers name be made public may have a some semblence of public good but I fear that most of those calling for his identity are doing it purely for self titilation, a bit of scandal and entertainment at someone elses expense to end an otherwise dull week. Once the feeding frenzy of veangence is over there are no winners. The original poster still hasn't got his part, the person accused of the 'crime' is forever tainted as dodgy and we are no wiser as to who is right and who is wrong.

In the past I've been wrongfully outed on this forum and despite my knowledge of the truth and those within my circle of friends firm belief in my innocence, mud most definitely sticks and some will always believe the other side. I've also been guilty of contributing to previous outing frenzies, something I now regret. Bringing wrongful eBay listings to the forum members attention is one thing but outing the private dealings between two people is, in my opinion, wrong. The OZVMX forum is not the place to air our dirty linen. 

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 10:30:22 am »
To give you a hint, he has not replied to this post.

I better reply too then,  so I can rule myself out :o
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/