Author Topic: Montesa on ebay  (Read 6470 times)

albrid-3

Montesa on ebay
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:53:56 am »
That is a very nice 72 Montesa cappra 250, what would it be worth (very rare.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:22:49 am by Wolverine »

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
Re: Montesa on ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:11:20 pm »
For a rider, it's not a patch on the 74VR, so not a lot.  But for a collector, if it's pretty original, watch it go for 3K+.
Mike

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:35:59 pm »
On the subject of pricing, whats a 68 250gp worth thats in as nice or better than that one?

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:01:25 pm »
A 53M in that condition would be worth double the value of the grey ghost imo, but neither bike is an easy resto as parts are so thin on the ground.
There is more to the story about the grey on ebay at the moment. The bike was auctioned at the end of August and apparently sold for just under $4k. In fact there was positive feedback left for the seller by the winner who is a forum member but has disappeared recently. A couple of weeks ago the seller contacted me and offered the bike to me because the sale had not proceeded and I had spoken to him before. Now one of the bidders is the same bloke that won it previously ??? You wonder why the seller would accept his bids, I'd be telling him to take a hike.

mx250

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »
On the subject of pricing, whats a 68 250gp worth thats in as nice or better than that one?
I agreed with Monte's comments. To my limited knowledge ::), the '68 250GP is a desirable collectable especially in Spain. A good resto should get a good price ;) :).

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:12:27 pm »
thanks fellas mines not for sale just curious thats all

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 09:17:36 pm »
Thats fine as long as you don't plan on hangin a 3rd wheel off the side of it! :D :D

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 07:15:36 pm »
monty dont plant evil thoughts in my small brain!

runutz698

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 04:22:52 pm »
I had a GP250 very scrappy and missing lots of parts and to restore would of cost me best part of 4K+ to do it properley and parts were so thin I sold it in fustation!!! I have since aquired a GP360 from an old fam. friend it was actually my grand fathers bike at one point.

So I am hoping to have it in my shed before christmas if I can find the time to collect it!!

I am also just starting to get into bucket racing as I find it very hard to fins the time to get out to all the tracks on the Vic calander!!! So bucket racing is alot easier to get to for me and fun so I haven't been on here in a while!!!

Also purchased a 72 Husky and CB550F both for resto so I will be a busy boy!!!

mx250

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 04:32:40 pm »
Whatever was said about the GP250 you can increase by a factor of 4 for the GP360 - a very desirable resto/collectable - especially in Spain 8). But having being your Grandfather's bike it will probably be a responsibility and a family heirloom rather than part of your Super Plan ;D.

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 07:28:18 pm »
The one you sold me Tom? Not that hard to restore you just didnt know where to look for parts, and very costly if you cant do alot of the work yourself will send a pic of progress if anyone interested

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 08:31:21 pm »
I had a GP250 very scrappy and missing lots of parts and to restore would of cost me best part of 4K+ to do it properley and parts were so thin I sold it in fustation!!! I have since aquired a GP360 from an old fam. friend it was actually my grand fathers bike at one point.

So I am hoping to have it in my shed before christmas if I can find the time to collect it!!

I am also just starting to get into bucket racing as I find it very hard to fins the time to get out to all the tracks on the Vic calander!!! So bucket racing is alot easier to get to for me and fun so I haven't been on here in a while!!!

Also purchased a 72 Husky and CB550F both for resto so I will be a busy boy!!!

Wanna buy Bucket parts ? if you are running a H100 im selling off my spares, motors etc and my state title H100, still got trick mich tyre and all sorts, we just dont hav a class over here anymore and i ride dirt or mx ever 3rd week so its not somthing ill ever ride again
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

albrid-3

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 08:02:02 am »
this thread was about a Montesa on ebay not about selling bucket parts for a H100.

runutz698

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 01:54:58 pm »
The one you sold me Tom? Not that hard to restore you just didnt know where to look for parts, and very costly if you cant do alot of the work yourself will send a pic of progress if anyone interested

I am very mechanically savy and I con say you only got a head start having found a GP360 Motor, If you didn't have that you would be at a loss!!! Try putting the motor back togeather by sourcing parts.
even if you do it yourself to do it right with the right stuff is where the cost is, unless you know how to make a akron rim with non cone shape hub offsets??

There was a GP250 for sale in spain it got sold to NZ and went for 6,500AU, But it was all orginal right down to the shocks and had not really been played with or restored. I know the guy that bought it as he is into bucket racing.

I have always thought with these type of bikes, in 40years will they be worth nothing due to no intrest or will they be worth a bomb?? I know that vintage(true vintage i.e. 1920' 1930's) cars are begining to fall in price supply out waying demand and lack of intrest youg people..... Will all the old bikes go the same way. As there is not much intrest from young guys at all, I am only 29 and all my friends think I am nutz mucking around with all this old stuff.... Hence R U Nutz!!!!

What are other peoples veiws??

MX250- The 360 is out a private collection of bikes, it was left to this guy by my grandfather when he passed away, My grandfather(also co founder of the birwood mill) was a motorcycle dealer in SA so it has alot of meaning more than being a bike!!! 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:00:02 pm by runutz698 »

All Things 414

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 02:12:34 pm »

What are other peoples veiws??

I think your mates are right.....