Author Topic: Montesa on ebay  (Read 6466 times)

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Montesa on ebay
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 02:44:08 pm »
Those who were following the progress of the auction for the grey ghost would know that it disappeared from the listing last night for an unknown price. Obviously someone offered the right amount. Another instance of the seller using the system to his own advantage. Good luck to him.
On the other matter, I also think that most of the older machines that we seek out will be worth little to our children's generation, as they will look for the bikes of the 90's that stand out to them. It's just natural progression. Only the very special models will appreciate in value.

albrid-3

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 05:40:03 pm »
I think you are right, it is happening as we speak, YZ 250 A on ebay USA, BUY IT NOW PRICE $6100, STARTING BID $4700 NO BIDS., 12 months ago that yz would  have be sold, bidders falling over each other to buy that bike. Prices are coming down on some items.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:52:19 am by Wolverine »

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 08:35:50 am »
I couldn't believe that my 250gp only had one bid and sold for $3000. It went to Spain. I have always found it hard to get even reasonable money for a Monty. I also had a '77 250 which was a  very clean race bike. Had it on ebay with a start price of $2000. No bids and I had an offer of $1100. I said what? A ready to race bike for $1100. I would burn it before I sold it for that. I find it hard to believe that someone would pay $6500 for a Monty as they don't seem to get the big dollars usually.

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 08:56:28 am »
I have sold a few Montesas over the years and have found that you can't tell when you are going to get bidders on ebay. Sometimes things move along and sometimes you can't attract one bid. I do know that in the last year or so Montesas are fetching higher prices generally if they are in ride away condition, so bring out those 250 and 360GPs now!

runutz698

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 04:01:55 pm »
360 is staying my hands and will never be for sale!! I will wait till prices come down and buy a few more. The english stuff has a wider love from the US/ENGLAND ect and seems to hold it's price much more?? Than Jap and other countries! It is all weird how it works but I love whatching what things are going for and keeping tabs on how much is to much!!!

Tom