Author Topic: firko/ free american eagle frame ? swap meet site  (Read 4372 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
firko/ free american eagle frame ? swap meet site
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:58:55 am »
FREE STUFF
Ad # 3143260 October 26, 2009

FREE! American Eagle 250 frame and swing arm.
Frame has been repaired, looks like the engine mounts have been altered and the swing arm has been extended.
This is for local pickup only. I do not want to ship this but if you're able to convince me to do so, it will cost.
Thanks
     Mark Hergert
Renton, WA
Email
Registered Since 9/29/2004 | 79 Posts

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: firko/ free american eagle frame ? swap meet site
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:13:48 am »
Nice one Thanks Paul...MX250 posted it up on another page.  :P
Do you or anyone know or have heard from Firko ,? ,he seems to have gone underground again  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:15:55 am »
Are you doing this to annoy me Paul?

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?board=29.0

OK, so your find isn't Ebay, but it would seem to be a far more sensible place for this thread to be posted...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:33:33 am »
 ::)nathan i was in a hurry and and i seem to have misplaced my forum proticol hand book could you send me another seeing you know yours off by heart  ::)

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:14:56 am »

Do you or anyone know or have heard from Firko ,? ,he seems to have gone underground again  ;D
cheers

IIRC, he was off to the land of the long white cloud about now

firko

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 12:21:01 pm »
I'm back and have already contacted the seller/giver. Thanks Graeme and Paul. I'll report later when I've caught up on my home stuff.

firko

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:07:19 am »
Ooooeee!.....I got it! This one will probably go into an Alron replica using a 405 Sprite engine. That'd put it at around #6 on the production line  ;D. Jonesy has told me it seems better than his repaired frame so he may end up with it.

All Things 414

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:48 pm »
::)nathan i was in a hurry and and i seem to have misplaced my forum proticol hand book could you send me another seeing you know yours off by heart  ::)

:D :D ;D

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:01:49 pm »

HAHAHA...
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 04:50:00 pm »
Ooooeee!.....I got it! This one will probably go into an Alron replica using a 405 Sprite engine. That'd put it at around #6 on the production line  ;D. Jonesy has told me it seems better than his repaired frame so he may end up with it.

now come on Firko don't get carried away with the magic of the moment.  That would make it number 5!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

firko

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 03:54:54 pm »
Scored! No sooner has the frame deal been stitched up with Mark in Washington state when the correct tank, described wrongly as a Rickman unit comes up. Trust me when I tell you that these things are as rare as shite, especially the narrow version which this is.
Now all I need is a rear wheel and I've got everything to build a '67 Sprite Maico 360.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370280398957&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ACOSI%3AAU%3A1123

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 04:07:59 pm »
Ass that what it is called......won't use stronger words  :-*
So now I know why---they are rare---can't you share.  ;D ;D ;D
from a sad Sprite owner. :'(
Thanks, know what I'm looking for now a Rickman/Zundapp  ;)  ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:14:43 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

firko

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »
That's the same bloke I bought the tank from. Probably off the same bike. I thought Jonesy had bought it so I didn't go for it....seems he only got the backing plate. Thanks CG, I'm top bidder.

firko

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 10:23:37 am »
This is a hoot. The above orange American Eagle tank arrived from the USA this morning. The first words from my Indian Australia Post parcel guy Sunil '' This one smell very strong Mr Firkin'' drew my attention. I then noticed that it had both Australia Post and Australian Customs tape on it, indicating that it'd been opened and inspected at both points in its journey. Upon opening the box I was overpowered by the strong smell of petrol. The tank was wrapped in what seemed like a whole roll of Glad Wrap and as I said, stunk of petrol. After removing the glad wrap I opened the petrol cap and discovered that it had about 2 litres of petrol still in it !

After 911 we've become accustomed to increased security and customs requirements including the stipulation that fuel tanks must be flushed and have no hint of petrol or flammable liquid. I've sold a couple of tanks to the USA and gave them a great old flush out just to be sure. This tank with its 2l of stale, smelly petrol has been through, USPS on local and International distribution centre levels, US Customs, Airline ground staff in both countries, Australian Customs, Australia Post on a couple of levels and has been opened and inspected twice yet it still got through to me with petrol in it :o ???  It's funny that the parcel posty was concerned enough to notice the smell of petrol in his van forcing him to consider taking the parcel back to the office, yet it had passed two inspections here in Australia.

I'm glad I got my tank but I'm a bit worried that the ''system'' doesn't seem to be working.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:25:34 am by firko »