Author Topic: firko/ free american eagle frame ? swap meet site  (Read 4368 times)

firko

Re: firko/ free american eagle frame ? swap meet site
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 10:29:39 am »
I also won the above REH rear wheel, off the same bike for $49.95. Unfortunately "Petrol Boy" has hit me $198 to ship it. We're currently "negotiating" a new shipping fee. Jonesy won the backing plate off the same bike for 30 bucks or so but was hit $60 to ship it. Buyer beware with this bloke.

mx250

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 10:34:14 am »
This is a hoot. The above orange American Eagle tank arrived from the USA this morning. The first words from my Indian Australia Post parcel guy Sunil '' This one smell very strong Mr Firkin'' drew my attention. I then noticed that it had both Australia Post and Australian Customs tape on it, indicating that it'd been opened and inspected at both points in its journey. Upon opening the box I was overpowered by the strong smell of petrol. The tank was wrapped in what seemed like a whole roll of Glad Wrap and as I said, stunk of petrol. After removing the glad wrap I opened the petrol cap and discovered that it had about 2 litres of petrol still in it !

After 911 we've become accustomed to increased security and customs requirements including the stipulation that fuel tanks must be flushed and have no hint of petrol or flammable liquid. I've sold a couple of tanks to the USA and gave them a great old flush out just to be sure. This tank with its 2l of stale, smelly petrol has been through, USPS on local and International distribution centre levels, US Customs, Airline ground staff in both countries, Australian Customs, Australia Post on a couple of levels and has been opened and inspected twice yet it still got through to me with petrol in it :o ???  It's funny that the parcel posty was concerned enough to notice the smell of petrol in his van forcing him to consider taking the parcel back to the office, yet it had passed two inspections here in Australia.

I'm glad I got my tank but I'm a bit worried that the ''system'' doesn't seem to be working.
:o :o :o Unfreakingbelievable :o :o :o

(it good to know that the tank is reasonable leak proof ;) :))

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 11:11:53 am »
lucky with that one i think  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 11:49:40 pm »
This one a bit cleaner---things you could of shipped it that tank Firko  :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MX-TRIAL-TANK-RICKMAN-PENTON-BULTACO-HUSQV-BSA-CZ-AHRMA_W0QQitemZ260502255868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_
Accessories?hash=item3ca724f8fc
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 10:01:10 am »
I also won the above REH rear wheel, off the same bike for $49.95. Unfortunately "Petrol Boy" has hit me $198 to ship it. We're currently "negotiating" a new shipping fee. Jonesy won the backing plate off the same bike for 30 bucks or so but was hit $60 to ship it. Buyer beware with this bloke.
I don't know what's happening in the US but their postage is getting ridiculous. I just got quoted $60US for some levers and a few things, with apoligies :-[. Either economic hard times is having seller trying to maximise profit or USPS has up it's rates substantially (trying up claw back profits rather than cull the deadwood ::)).

Conversely I've just had a mudguard sent from UK for 7GBP/$15. It use to be the other way around. Guess where I'll be looking for bits ;).

Either ways the Yanks are shooting themselves in the foot :P.

Notwithstanding, you have to check postage before committing to buy. All very sad, just adds time and inconvenience to any purchase.