7 (14.3%)
Of no interest to me.
5 (10.2%)
Not going to make me happy.
4 (8.2%)
A bloody stupid idea.
24 (49%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Pre-90 for HEAVEN - an idea.  (Read 9177 times)

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-90 for HEAVEN - an idea.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 08:38:49 am »
Let's hope to see you back on the track sooner rather than later then.

shoey

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 09:21:49 am »
Hey Monty

I'm of the same opininion , the club has nothing to fear from inclusion of pre-90. I probably would not ride the pre-90 classes , but you never say never.

Possibly the constitution ammendment of 2007 in relation to >20yrs old could be ammended again to reflect or allow for the inclusion of pre-90.

I feel that the constitution should not just be changed back to state >20yrs  .

A copy of the clubs constitutuion is available to any member. The requirements for change are clearly and fairly outlined in the constitution.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 03:50:21 pm »
I should have stated this earlier but didn't. :-[

The current committee as well as non committe helpers are doing a great job at running the club. The time and effort they are putting in to run the club so we can enjoy our pastime is immense and often at the expense of their own riding time. Thank you all.

My opinions on the direction the club should consider for the future are in no way meant to undermine the current committee all I would like to see is some discussion involving all the membership regarding the way things should head. This includes generating ideas for re-energising the Pre 78 classes as well as attracting the next generation of vintage enthusiasts.

See you at Lakes.

Cheers
Shaun #23

Rosco400

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »
I should have stated this earlier but didn't. :-[
The current committee as well as non committe helpers are doing a great job at running the club. The time and effort they are putting in to run the club so we can enjoy our pastime is immense and often at the expense of their own riding time. Thank you all.
My opinions on the direction the club should consider for the future are in no way meant to undermine the current committee all I would like to see is some discussion involving all the membership regarding the way things should head. This includes generating ideas for re-energising the Pre 78 classes as well as attracting the next generation of vintage enthusiasts.
See you at Lakes.
Cheers
Shaun #23
Thats how we all feel I think Shaun, All committees since I have been with club have always endeavoured to do whats right for the club and could not fault any committee member or helper ;)

Great bunch of blokes doing what they enjoy doing, it doesnt get any better.

All want to see the future of the club go ahead in the right direction and this is a very constructive thread so far to get there :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 08:09:27 pm by Rosco400 »

Rosco400

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 04:45:40 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how many Heaven guys have got a Pre 90 sitting in the shed. Do we have to  start  hunting ebay, wha happened about the planning ahead, Its all to much :-X

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 05:35:30 am »
I'll put my hand up Rosco. I've got a '89 YZ250. There are a couple of others but I won't "out them" here.

Cheers
Shaun #23

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:30 am »
I've got an '87 CR125, and an '89 KTM125.
Would jump on any of the jap MXers if they were the right bike for the right price.

Magoo, Damo, and Darran all have pre-90 bikes (there are others, just not 100% sure so I won't mention names).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 12:01:10 pm »
Hiya guys ,I,ve got an 89 Kx 250 that I took up the Lakes to ride on the Saturday and get my first taste of a Heaven event . I had a ball and was really impressed !! Lookin forward to next year as I have a couple of pre 78 bikes as well ( 76 Kx 400 end 76 Mk 9 370 Bully ) .
see ya on the dirt