Author Topic: Nomination for moderators  (Read 14378 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Nomination for moderators
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »
cAN I MODERATE THE SPELLING AND GRAMMER ????
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
 ;D ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 04:08:44 pm »
A good moderator,??
 I know someone on here with plenty of knowledge, a long time user, seems to be very level headed and doesnt seem to get involved with any of the auguements that sometimes erupt from time to time.
Has a great outlook on all forms of dirtbike riding, and I think well respected in this forum and also out in the dusty dirty world of VMX.
I think this guy would make a great moderator.....

DOC
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 05:11:51 pm »
We NEED moderators here, especially to co-incide IP addresses of users to get rid of the bullshit incognito users which in my opinion just ruins a damn good forum.

oldfart

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 05:48:21 pm »
 Pretty sure I've  read this message some place else  ::)

mainline

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 07:35:14 pm »
I'm pretty sure that it'll all work out for the best, and I think Doc would be good, although if it's purely keeping people in line you're after, then I'd nominate Doc's dog. The thing scares the shite out of me and it's always wagging it's tail.

You should post a pic of the thing Doc, it's like a nastier version of the Hound of the Baskervilles  ;D

oldfart

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 08:19:25 pm »
BUSTA ,    nah he's all bark and no bite  ;)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 10:16:29 pm »

Being a mod is a cock of a job, BTW. Everyone bitches to you about what other people have posted (think of a 6-year-old 'dobbing' on another six year old, and you'll be close), and if you actual moderate someone (no matter how deserved), then you're the biggest bastard ever... It takes thick skin, good listening skills, lots of diplomacy and a very level head to do it well.

Yeah, reminds me of when I was a foreman. The workers hate you because they think all your decisions are biased for the management & the management hates you because they think all your decisions are biased for the workers.

When I first came across this site I found Graeme describing it as a virtual clubroom.
In many ways it has been just like a real clubroom meeting.
We can find out about events coming up and the results of events past.
We find out about models we have never heard of and about tracks of the world
Rules etc can be explained & we can all learn form each others experience’s
Problems can be dealt with by a multitude of guru’s with experience in many different areas.
We can talk about the good old days & great events of the past.
We can make many new friends & find out more about our enemies, ;D & there is a great network of varied help to be had.
Just like a real clubroom we can talk about cars, jokes, politics, religion & football. (Oh sorry, those last 2 are the same) And just like a real clubroom, occasionally ego’s get in the way
There are many specialized forums around the world. Forums for Suzuki’s or Yamaha’s.  Forums for Maico’s or CZ’s.
Even forums for actual models such as a  KDX, PE, YZ or IT.
Some are run by a business or an organization & some by an individual with a passion for a brand or model.
These forums can be great if your chasing information for a particular model, but personally I find my interest wanes with such tunnel vision.
I believe what makes this one of the best forums around is its openness & the ability to discuss anything you like, although the main focus is always with old dirt bikes of some sort.
It has no official association as such with any thing or any one & so the forum itself has no bias towards anything or anyone.

If Graeme feels he needs help I think he would need to find someone with no bias towards anything.
Thanks for the nomination Nathan, but I believe I would bring a conflict of interest into any decisions, especially if it turned out the decision happened to be against another member who happened to have a business.
I must say though that I’m a little surprised that it needs a lot of help to moderate considering the self moderate philosophy, or do some of you guys hound him with your opinions on threads.

I’m sure Graeme goes to a lot of trouble to keep this site up for the benefit of our sport & our lives. Probably for very little reward more than a feel good feeling.
It doesn’t surprise me that he wants to scale things down to make life easier but I am glad our communications will be intact.

Please consider adding to Graeme’s fund from time ot time as well, as I’m sure it cost a few dollars for the webspace

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 11:29:25 pm »
We NEED moderators here, especially to co-incide IP addresses of users to get rid of the bullshit incognito users which in my opinion just ruins a damn good forum.
Dont worry it was addressed previously on forum and all ghost account supposed to be removed, seems some still see the merit in non disclosure or making there own rules.  then again Cross dressers always make there own rules.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 08:26:35 am »
Please consider adding to Graeme’s fund from time ot time as well, as I’m sure it cost a few dollars for the webspace
How does one do that? I have never put money in yet I'm always on here and I would like to contribute.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:22 am »
How does one do that? I have never put money in yet I'm always on here and I would like to contribute.

http://ozvmx.com/donate.htm
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

DR

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 01:17:50 pm »
I appreciate your vote Mainline and so does Buster but we are not moderators by any stretch of the imagination :) I think it should be Ross as he seems to be the only one seriously interested ;) at least I think he's serious...maybe :P ;D

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 07:37:16 pm »

http://ozvmx.com/donate.htm
Thanks Nathan.
BTW my vote is for Alison .

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 08:26:50 pm »

BTW my vote is for Alison .

Ditto Brad, I think Alison would be perfect, informative, humourous, level headed, communicative, and just a down right nice person 8)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

oldfart

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 08:36:07 pm »
 I secound that motion  :)