Author Topic: Nomination for moderators  (Read 14367 times)

All Things 414

Re: Nomination for moderators
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 06:56:28 pm »
that site ok ,if you deaf dumb and blind 
Two out of three's pretty good Paul. I know your hearing is a bit dodgy but your eye-site is perfect (now carefully re-read that a few times folks until you get it....)

All Things 414

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 06:58:32 pm »
Allthings414pushstart465
Great username! Can I use that?

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 07:16:01 pm »
Allthings414pushstart465
Great username! Can I use that?

AKA Walkingpace465 or YZPitPusher
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »
I think Hoony's got it with that 1st one .Walkingpace465
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 09:19:31 pm »
Yes, it's all running along quite well, but I think I will look for some moderators. I reckon I need about 10 people - each person can have two boards to keep an eye on. That'll make life a bit easier.

So, step right up. If you have a preference for which boards to moderate, please list your top 5, in order of preference 1 to 5.

First in best dressed as far as that goes, though I'll try to accommodate everyone. I'll post a running tally of mods and boards, once we get all we need I'll close this topic.

Thanks everyone.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »
hey wasp no back chat  mr :o

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 09:35:44 pm »
sorry not me  ;D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 11:59:19 pm »
 Hows the fishing going Greame? any positive and sensible bites yet ?     BSA " British Side Arms" no, it is actually an acronym for "Birmingham Small Arms," Company. Cheers. Tim754
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:01:37 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

colmoody

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 07:55:46 pm »
Dont know about you but I reckon the current moderator is doing just fine and dandy and for a whole lot of reasons I for one would hate to see the baton passed to any of the fore mentioned. Think about it. I reckon the go is as a collective we should be asking/doing whatever it is that will keep Graeme in the game, as from what I can gather he has universal RESPECT. Something the rest of us can only ever dream about.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 09:06:10 pm »
got my vote!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 07:11:21 am »
Gee, I had forgotten this old thread. Thanks Alison...

The truth is that the forum hasn't demanded a lot of moderation on the whole due I think to the character of most of the members. That said there can be times when comments etc get out of hand for one reason or another.

I've always said I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to forums, but I've come to realise that I am not the only yardstick to measure by. Lately there've been a few posts and threads that haven't gone well, and that's not good.

I think it's important that we keep the flavour of OzVMX intact. In the beginning it was a virtual clubroom, a place to hang out, talk old bikes. make new friends, learn and share information. It should still be that place. And it should still have that feel-good vibe. Especially for all our newer members.

So in the spirit of that intention I have decided to take on some help with moderation. These days due to my own personal circumstances I can't put in as much time as I should, plus I am a little burned out after what, 6 or 7 years running the show.

For the moment, I will add one or two people to the role of moderator. I'm in discussions with those people as we speak so more about that soon. The aim isn't to wield a bigger stick, it's merely to add some more eyes to the job of keeping up with happenings here.

That said, I would like to do a better job of keeping threads on track, or more exactly, civilised. I don't want posts that take someone down just for the sake of it, or for people to take cheap shots. As I've always said, I'll moderate as I see fit as it's my forum, but by the same token I have to now admit that it is mine in name only, as it now rightfully belongs to you all. And I owe it to everyone to keep it the kind of place you want to hang out.

So, expect an announcement quite soon re the addition of moderators to the forum.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 08:38:30 am »
It's an account I have created for the role of moderator. At this stage I am not certain whether or not the mods want to remain anonymous...

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 09:48:45 am »
I'm happy the way the board runs as is. The problem with mods is they can get a little power mad just look at net riders they have lots of mods and it shows.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 09:55:19 am »
What Graeme said "Gives him a bit of a break and is an extra pair of eyes" and quote; I've come to realise that I am not the only yardstick to measure by.  :)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

RM500man

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2011, 12:50:22 pm »
Finally!This will stop things getting out of hand.