Author Topic: Nomination for moderators  (Read 14369 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Nomination for moderators
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
a turd in a suit ,thats some serious  shit

albrid-3

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 09:42:16 pm »
I think Jackie, or Drakey, or Dave T. they would do the job well.

firko

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 11:28:34 pm »
This is getting stupid and offensive now. Perhaps the thread was originally designed to degenerate into what it's become.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:44 pm »
Yes unfortunaly Firko, that pest is still in here with nothing better to do.  Family is obviously not talking to him either.    WTW or how to make every one hate you.  Cant be many left now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:10:58 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 08:50:01 am »
Just so's this thread makes sense. There were some silly posts on here that got a little out of hand. I've taken some action on that and it's much improved for it.

Now, as far as moderation goes etc, thanks for the offers, and the kind words and PMs and donation etc. All very much appreciated. However, my plans to migrate to a new server probably won't be fulfilled till later in the year, more than likely over Christmas when I have time to devote to figuring it all out. So for now, things will continue along as they are. But I will keep in mind what's been said so far. I haven't gone back over this thread with a view to seeing who has offered up their time to help out, but I'll try to sometime soon and I'll then keep you in mind for when I want to get serious about creating moderators.

Curly3

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 10:56:50 am »
I think a few numbskulls have eliminated themselves.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 11:57:28 am »
Thanks for the vote people,  :)
I'm very humbled and shocked that I have been mentioned, as it has taken four years on this forum to be accepted into a gentleman's vmx bike world.  8)
The Old school gave me a few tips and have kept me in line  ;D when first entering into conversation and still do now and then :-X My motto live and learn
For accepting me I thank you
I would love the job if the payment comes in the form of  a Sprite fuel tank   ;)   ;D..

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=8321.0

Best Wishes for the rebuild Graeme M,hope you find the right matured and well mannered moderators.

Please consider adding to Graeme’s fund from time ot time as well, as I’m sure it cost a few dollars for the webspace
How does one do that? I have never put money in yet I'm always on here and I would like to contribute.

I did run a donation tin around at the Conondale Nationals Qld,but felt it was a conflicted with
Mr B Flemings Donation Tin at the time.
I did receive a small amount (THANK YOU to those people) that was then sent to Graeme M via Nathan S  8)
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 12:24:40 pm »
My choice of moderators:
solo:
Tony T
Doc and Busta
Hoony
Eno
JC
sidecars:
shorelinemc
women:
jackiemac
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 02:30:22 pm »
Thanks for reminding me of that Alison. I picked up that tin from Nathan a week or two back. I do appreciate your efforts on that, and believe me every little bit helps.

The website is not an arm and a leg thing, but there are some costs - server space and hosting account, electricity, wear and tear, and just the amount of time which can sometimes cause some grief on the home front. Most years I get enough in donations that it turns out not to cost me at all, or to cost very little. Mind you, when I started things I imagined it being used for advertising etc and I could just see all the dollars rolling in. Of course it was never quite like that!  ;D

However, I think how it's gone and what it's done for the scene in Australia far outstrips my failed entrepeneurship! So in that sense, as we've said before, it's been a raging success.

Thanks again for all the entertainment, help, encouragement, nice words and donations everyone.

ianscr250

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 02:43:17 pm »
Hi guys If you do need a hand moderating the site i dont mind sticking my dyslexic keyboard in to help out
Cheers Ian

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
i thinks its running quiet nicely now

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 06:36:32 pm »
that site ok ,if you deaf dumb and blind  and make friends easy my parents use to tie a chop round my neck so the dog would play with me so its not much good to me

PM sent ...waste of a good chop    ;)    ;D 
Best is in the West !!

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 06:39:02 pm »
i was hopeing to remove that before n,i,m,m,o does some of his handy work with that group off words ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 06:48:40 pm »
i was hopeing to remove that before n,i,m,m,o does some of his handy work with that group off words ;D

I don't blame him though, if n,i,m,m,o did comment..... I had to contain myself about the lamb chop too   :D  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 06:55:58 pm »
That Bloody Allthings414pushstart465 is really getting up my nose and for him to modify your post is not on !.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436